Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From Breakpoint:

by: John Stonestreet & David Carlson

The nation is reeling from Saturday’s chaos in Charlottesville. The Church cannot sit this one out.

The book of Revelation, chapter 7, gives us an extraordinary vision from God of the Kingdom of Heaven in its fullness: “a great multitude … from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne of God and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice: ‘Salvation belongs to our God/who sits on the throne/and to the Lamb.’”

What we saw this past weekend in Charlottesville was the exact, fiendish opposite. Crowds filled with hate, bent on violence. We saw not dazzling robes of white washed in the blood of the lamb, but the stains of red from human blood spilled in demonic anger.

I learned of what happened Saturday afternoon after landing in the Dominican Republic, where I’ll be teaching this week. Yesterday on BreakPoint, we promised part two of our series on the American suicide epidemic, and we will pick that up tomorrow. But today, facing the specter of racism in our country, it’s time for moral clarity.

And here it is: As my BreakPoint co-host Eric Metaxas tweeted over the weekend, racism is the very antithesis of the love of Jesus for all. I’ll expand on that thought: every racist ideology, including the white nationalism and neo-Nazi rhetoric and images displayed by the so-called alt-right in Charlottesville, is rooted in the pit of hell. There’s no defending it. It’s not Christian. It’s not American. And it ought not even be associated with conservatism.

And as My BreakPoint this Week co-host Ed Stetzer wrote at Christianity Today, it’s easy to say that there are “many sides” involved in violence and hatred. In fact, we Christians do well to call out the left-wing extremists like Antifa, who parade through downtowns smashing things. But Christ followers must also condemnthis act, this protest, this violence in the strongest possible terms, and I’m grateful for those political and religious leaders who claim the name of Christ who wasted no time in doing so. The world needs to hear that clear Christian witness.

And still, these events make it painfully obvious that, while we need deft and courageous political leadership, it’s the Church that’s most needed now. Politics will not save us from ourselves. As one evangelical adviser to President Trump, Johnnie Moore, told CNN, “The right remains too passive and the left remains too political when it comes to ethnic divisions in this country. One side underestimates the issue and the other side provokes further conflict. Both sides distrust each other. This must end if we are to find national healing.”

I’m glad President Trump finally identified the alt-right by name, but his delay, especially in light of his long history of Twitter specificity, is an example of the passivity Moore described. As Senator Orrin Hatch tweeted, “We should call evil by its name. My brother didn’t die fighting Hitler for Nazis to go unchallenged today.”

Look, America has a race problem. Political parties, special-interest groups, and the media aren’t helping. In fact, too often, they make things worse.

More at link: BreakPoint: Charlottesville, Racism, and the Gospel

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,805.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think what happened Saturday was very tragic. While I am fully for peaceful assembly/demonstrations, I deplore evil intent and violence. IMHO no one should have to die for participation in a peaceful demonstration. That being said, as a Christian, I am concerned that Christians are doing violence against one another. I am sure that there were Christians on both sides of this situation. Yes there were unbelievers there too. Lord Jesus said we are the light of the world, and we are the salt of the Earth.Salt is seasoning, and light scatters the darkness. But what we saw Saturday from both sides was darkness and bitterness. Where was the salt, where was the light?
1John 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

IMHO introspection is a good thing. It takes a very big person to say "I was wrong." whether in thought or deed. How can the Body of Christ ever come together if we bite and devour at one another.
Gal. 5: 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Let us not start to shift blame for what happened, but we can take steps by examining ourselves. Let's expose the darkness and bitterness in our own hearts and minds that festers within our own souls, and submit it to the cleansing that Apostle John speaks of.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
From Breakpoint:

The nation is reeling from Saturday’s chaos in Charlottesville. The Church cannot sit this one out.

The book of Revelation, chapter 7, gives us an extraordinary vision from God of the Kingdom of Heaven in its fullness: “a great multitude … from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne of God and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice: ‘Salvation belongs to our God/who sits on the throne/and to the Lamb.’”

What we saw this past weekend in Charlottesville was the exact, fiendish opposite. Crowds filled with hate, bent on violence. We saw not dazzling robes of white washed in the blood of the lamb, but the stains of red from human blood spilled in demonic anger.

I learned of what happened Saturday afternoon after landing in the Dominican Republic, where I’ll be teaching this week. Yesterday on BreakPoint, we promised part two of our series on the American suicide epidemic, and we will pick that up tomorrow. But today, facing the specter of racism in our country, it’s time for moral clarity.

And here it is: As my BreakPoint co-host Eric Metaxas tweeted over the weekend, racism is the very antithesis of the love of Jesus for all. I’ll expand on that thought: every racist ideology, including the white nationalism and neo-Nazi rhetoric and images displayed by the so-called alt-right in Charlottesville, is rooted in the pit of hell. There’s no defending it. It’s not Christian. It’s not American. And it ought not even be associated with conservatism.

And as My BreakPoint this Week co-host Ed Stetzer wrote at Christianity Today, it’s easy to say that there are “many sides” involved in violence and hatred. In fact, we Christians do well to call out the left-wing extremists like Antifa, who parade through downtowns smashing things. But Christ followers must also condemnthis act, this protest, this violence in the strongest possible terms, and I’m grateful for those political and religious leaders who claim the name of Christ who wasted no time in doing so. The world needs to hear that clear Christian witness.

And still, these events make it painfully obvious that, while we need deft and courageous political leadership, it’s the Church that’s most needed now. Politics will not save us from ourselves. As one evangelical adviser to President Trump, Johnnie Moore, told CNN, “The right remains too passive and the left remains too political when it comes to ethnic divisions in this country. One side underestimates the issue and the other side provokes further conflict. Both sides distrust each other. This must end if we are to find national healing.”

I’m glad President Trump finally identified the alt-right by name, but his delay, especially in light of his long history of Twitter specificity, is an example of the passivity Moore described. As Senator Orrin Hatch tweeted, “We should call evil by its name. My brother didn’t die fighting Hitler for Nazis to go unchallenged today.”

Look, America has a race problem. Political parties, special-interest groups, and the media aren’t helping. In fact, too often, they make things worse.

More at link: BreakPoint: Charlottesville, Racism, and the Gospel

I love you brother and Eric Metaxis. However, lest we forget, America has a "Soros" problem. He PAYS for Antifa and other violent groups he sponsors, such as what has been occurring in the last 2 years, and at Berkeley, etc.

Lest we forget, or remain un-aware of it, we need to SERIOUSLY PRAY about this evil that paid for and sponsored while using it as an opportunity to call it "racism", "hatred", "bigotry", as they wreak havoc and twist it and simultaneously blame it on their victims.

Unfortunately the news media does not cover these entire scenarios and merely feed us the agenda that was planned from the gitgo.

Yes we need to pray BIG TIME, and keep our wits about us and pray for wisdom, discernment, and clarity and never ever engage in knee-jerk reactions, and get caught up with the responses Soros and his agents are counting on.

God help us.

Praying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And the kneejerk reaction to victim blame and try to make THEM the bad guy, doing anything to ignore the beam in our own eye is why the world is such a messed up place.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,805.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And the kneejerk reaction to victim blame and try to make THEM the bad guy, doing anything to ignore the beam in our own eye is why the world is such a messed up place.
Amen!:amen:! Please. let us not forget the ones who lost their lives and their families.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am sure that there were Christians on both sides of this situation.
The first photo that came out of the young woman who was killed showed her wearing a small gold cross necklace. That gave me hope that she is one of God's children.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,805.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The first photo that came out of the young woman who was killed showed her wearing a small gold cross necklace. That gave me hope that she is one of God's children.
Yes we can hope that she is not lost. For the called all things work for the good.
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Though her light may be out on Earth, hopefully she is shining like the sun before our Lord.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
From Breakpoint:

Of course we did not see "dazzling robes of white". Those shall be issued by Christ Jesus.

Not American?

I totally disagree with you.

It absolutely is American and Constitutional for a group of citizens AGAINST what an American Government is attempting to do, for such citizens to demonstrate a protest AGAINST the Governments intent. And such citizens did so, apply for and receive a permit to hold their demonstration of protest and objection.

The group of citizens WHO chose to hold a protest, are well known citizens who exalt their own race. So what? How they exalt there own race favored over other races IS THEIR prerogative. Their gathering was NOT promoting their white race. Their gathering was in OBJECTION to a governments intent to discard a part of American History.

Then we have a group of citizens, whose own favor is of themselves and AGAINST the citizens whose intention was to protest the governments intent and favor of their white race.

And seriously - the government of Charlottesville ISSUED not only the men protesting the governments decision....but ALSO issued permits for protesters AGAINST protesters in the same city on the same day?

And further ~ the media, the people at large ~ nary a one have commented on the governments ignorance or the intent and behavior of protesters protesting protesters ~ but instead are wielding their tongue against a group who Are citizens, (who had permits, who were pressing grievances against a governments intent to remove a part of American History)
BY name-calling with the intent to disparage their own right to believe as they wish.

Good grief. I do not have to agree or disagree with the stance of a pro-white group, or any group, to know and agree they have a right to protest against government intents and decisions, have a right to be permitted to assemble with like minded individuals, have a right to speak freely.....and do so in such a fashion that they are not attacked.

Protestors protesting protestors at the same venue is with intent to disrupt, antagonize, intimidate, goad, coax and instigate. And do so come prepared, with sprays, protective head gear, knives, guns, blah, blah.

IMO the government was a fault. The protestors of the protestors were at fault. And the whole ramifications of the tragedy is being squarely blamed on the pro-white group,
which IMO is wrong.

Agree.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Antifa, sponsored by Soros? They ARE the bad guys. But not as bad as George Soros himself, the billionaire who pays for them to come to events and violently attack and destroy and goad and instigate, while the police "stand down" or assist them, and in the meantime set up the scenario to blame their targets in each-place-they-are-sent for at least the past 2 years.

God help us.

Praying.

Upvote 0

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Antifa, sponsored by Soros? They ARE the bad guys. But not as bad as George Soros himself, the billionaire who pays for them to come to events and violently attack and destroy and goad and instigate, while the police "stand down" or assist them, and in the meantime set up the scenario to blame their targets in each-place-they-are-sent for at least the past 2 years.

God help us.

Praying.
I'd say the bad guys are the terrorists and people who want to ethnically cleanse the US.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Of course we did not see "dazzling robes of white". Those shall be issued by Christ Jesus.

Not American?

I totally disagree with you.

It absolutely is American and Constitutional for a group of citizens AGAINST what an American Government is attempting to do, for such citizens to demonstrate a protest AGAINST the Governments intent. And such citizens did so, apply for and receive a permit to hold their demonstration of protest and objection.

The group of citizens WHO chose to hold a protest, are well known citizens who exalt their own race. So what? How they exalt there own race favored over other races IS THEIR prerogative. Their gathering was NOT promoting their white race. Their gathering was in OBJECTION to a governments intent to discard a part of American History.

Then we have a group of citizens, whose own favor is of themselves and AGAINST the citizens whose intention was to protest the governments intent and favor of their white race.

And seriously - the government of Charlottesville ISSUED not only the men protesting the governments decision....but ALSO issued permits for protesters AGAINST protesters in the same city on the same day?

And further ~ the media, the people at large ~ nary a one have commented on the governments ignorance or the intent and behavior of protesters protesting protesters ~ but instead are wielding their tongue against a group who Are citizens, (who had permits, who were pressing grievances against a governments intent to remove a part of American History)
BY name-calling with the intent to disparage their own right to believe as they wish.

Good grief. I do not have to agree or disagree with the stance of a pro-white group, or any group, to know and agree they have a right to protest against government intents and decisions, have a right to be permitted to assemble with like minded individuals, have a right to speak freely.....and do so in such a fashion that they are not attacked.

Protestors protesting protestors at the same venue is with intent to disrupt, antagonize, intimidate, goad, coax and instigate. And do so come prepared, with sprays, protective head gear, knives, guns, blah, blah.

IMO the government was a fault. The protestors of the protestors were at fault. And the whole ramifications of the tragedy is being squarely blamed on the pro-white group,
which IMO is wrong.

Agree.

God Bless,
SBC

The neo-Nazis, KKK, and other alt-right hate groups have one agenda: the overthrow of the established government, if necessary by violence. Why do you think they had torches reminiscent of Hitler's Germany, Nazi flags, confederate battle flags, were carrying guns and shields, and many wore military-style clothing and gear, etc? These groups have never intended to have a peaceful rally to put forth their views about how to make this country a better place. This time and every previous time they come looking for a fight. If you want to protest, why show up with weapons?

It is unfortunate they they were met by counterprotesters, some of whom believed that violence must be met with violence, but the fact remains that the alt-right groups have violence as a core strategy.

Upvote 0

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not understanding what your post is in response to?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'd say the bad guys are the terrorists and people who want to ethnically cleanse the US.

Antifa has BEEN domestic terrorists. Yet they CONTINUE, fully funded, while police officers are ordered to "stand down" and allow them to act out a tsunami of blatant hatred, bigotry, and viciousness, including coming prepared with bats, helmets, sticks, pepper spray, and eggs, etc. THEY are and HAVE been domestic terrorists. What they do is pre-meditated, and they are paid well to carry it out. Again and again and again and again.

Yet, when Soros, who pays them is mentioned....

*crickets*.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Antifa has BEEN domestic terrorists. Yet they CONTINUE, fully funded, while police officers are ordered to "stand down" and allow them to act out a tsunami of blatant hatred, bigotry, and viciousness, including coming prepared with bats, helmets, sticks, pepper spray, and eggs, etc. THEY are and HAVE been domestic terrorists. What they do is pre-meditated, and they are paid well to carry it out. Again and again and again and again.

Yet, when Soros, who pays them is mentioned....

*crickets*.
Coming with bats makes you a terrorist now?

What does that make these guys?

right-wing-militia-charlottesville.jpg

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know how to help you. Maybe read it a few more times in the overall context of the thread?
Perhaps quote what you are responding to. That truly helps a bunch.

A blind post is not helpful if not in the context of the OP article or responding to another's comments.

The reason I asked is your comments do not fit responding to the Breakpoint article I posted.

• Agree
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps quote what you are responding to. That truly helps a bunch.

A blind post is not helpful if not in the context of the OP article or responding to another's comments.

The reason I asked is your comments do not fit responding to the Breakpoint article I posted.
It wasn't a response to the article.

• Informative
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Coming with bats makes you a terrorist now?

What does that make these guys?

right-wing-militia-charlottesville.jpg

In addition there's the feces and urine (amongst other things) that antifa threw on a group of people.

They came, INTENDING to attack in a variety of ways, and goad.

It's what they do.

They're domestic terrorists.

Upvote 0

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In addition there's the feces and urine (amongst other things) that antifa threw on a group of people.

They came, INTENDING to attack in a variety of ways, and goad.

It's what they do.

They're domestic terrorists.
Dodging the question? I see.

Upvote 0