Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I worked very hard, too, but my work, the main one, (all that I could get during a recession) was driving truck (long before "no hands-on" loads and air-ride seats, cabs, and suspensions on the tractor), out of town for days on end every week. When I was home it was time to do all of the "honey dos" including home and vehicle repairs so they could function in my absence and to perform my other job(s) and serve in the church. I put God and family first, too, and it cost me a very heavy price at work. I was the sole income earner in the household as my wife made it a full-time career of being a mother and housewife and home-maker. Her monetary wage was what I could earn.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I, my wife and I, will miss him greatly. The article said that he is continuing to work in his In Touch ministry at almost 90. I have always loved, WE have always loved his expounding upon God's Word. He has always been an exemplary role model of humility and love which gives his wisdom a meaty meal. Thank you so much, Dr. Stanley, for your servitude to the Father. He loves you so, so much. You WILL hear those words, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant" and you WILL be casting a Magnificently GLORIOUS crown at our Savior's feet. I look forward to seeing your foot prints and shadow continued on in "In Touch."
1f60a.png

I think retirement to Dr. Stanley is what the "American Dream" says it is, time for focus upon one's indulgence in self-centered enjoyments and relaxation: the entitlement scene, so to speak. Even if one stops working here or there and even takes a "retirement pkg," it does not necessarily mean at all that they stop working or that they have begun a self-servitude, relaxation, or luxurious phase of life. NOT AT ALL!

I have noticed that in the past few years Pastor Stanley has had to have a stool/chair behind him to rest upon or sit in as he preached, but he never stayed in it very long; only long enough to regain his strength or till the pain subsided. Also, his mind, as cognitive as it still is, appears to have to work extra hard to keep on track for an extended period for his sermons. But although he may wander he has beautifully recovered and kept it coherent, admirably. he is able to still work, as he intends, just in a different capacity. As we age, that is what ultimately we must all accept and adapt to in a manner which utilizes our facilities that are still able to be efficiently and effectively implemented or we could just refuse to accept our used up or worn out facilities and refuse to change and adapt and ....., be someone no one wants to be around. Obviously, Pastor Stanley is one who can accept and adapt, as hard as it is.
I

I like him. Good pastor. He deserves a well earned rest. Self care and rest are so important

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I listened to Charles Stanley for years until he started politicizing and then I had to let him go. Because I had listened to him for years, i knew when he was doing it...
I
Church and state should not mix, in my opinion

• Agree
Reactions: A_JAY
Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I
Church and state should not mix, in my opinion

To be honest, of all people I didn't expect it from him. I was very disappointed. I guess politics are too much of a temptation for some ministers to pass up. I'm so glad Jesus didn't fall for that though because He knew what was in man...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To be honest, of all people I didn't expect it from him. I was very disappointed. I guess politics are too much of a temptation for some ministers to pass up. I'm so glad Jesus didn't fall for that though because He knew what was in man...
I

Exactly.
Jesus kingdom wasn't of this world

• Agree
Reactions: quietpraiyze
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For a few years here they have been showing reruns of Charles Stanley's sermons.
Today him and his son did a special together honoring CS. You could see how much he has aged since his live sermons. Since we have only seen reruns for years perhaps they will continue that. I hope so. I can't imagine anyone to fill his place.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pastor Stanley's son, Andy, a Pastor himself, honors his father and hosts the 9/26/2020 "In Touch" entitled, "A Father's Guidance"
https://www.intouch.org/watch/a-fathers-guidance

"RERUNS FOR YEARS"??? Not the ones which I have been watching.

Of course if you go to TBN, or Lightsource or Oneplace, or such you will get presentations of archived or recorded sermons, but that is to be expected. But if you go directly to the IN TOUCH MINISTRIES site, like I have, you have always been able to get him on a current presentation on the forefront.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What exactly did he say. If you couldn't believe it what do you think we are thinking right now. Without any credible proof of what you say you are just speaking slander and gossip.

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What exactly did he say. If you couldn't believe it what do you think we are thinking right now. Without any credible proof of what you say you are just speaking slander and gossip.

I don't receive your words. I stand by my post. Please refrain from ever addressing any of my post in the future.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dr. Stanley spoke on his retirement yesterday before his sermon or it may have been after. He apologized for the confusion and said that he was not retiring and that he would still be preaching, my word, but be working also in other capacities. He said that most people didn't know that Intouch and the Baptist Church were separate entities and that both would be included in his endeavors.
YEAH, HE'S BACK!
(don't send you cards and gifts;))

Last edited:
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0