• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Charles Koch repents

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by hedrick, Dec 12, 2020.

1. hedrick

hedrick Senior Veteran Supporter

+8,438
    Presbyterian
    Single
    Charles Koch: I "screwed up"

Koch has finally acknowledged his role in creating the current hyperpartisanship, and claims he's going to change. We'll see. He's still supporting a Senate candidate in Georgia that wants their secretary of state to resign for doing his duty.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,173
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I"Screwed up", "I have no regrets." and just keep doing what you supposedly "Screwed up."

3. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+4,554
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    This must be the lefts latest buzz word when someone shows signs of agreeing with them, repent. I've seen it about four times this morning from some leftist, as if the left holds some sort of holy high ground. After what we have all witnessed in the streets and elsewhere in the past year and beyond, believe me you guys have no high ground. At All. Repent to who ? Satan.

4. pescador

pescador Newbie Supporter

+3,161
    Christian
    Married
    "the lefts" is not a synonym for the right-wing lunatics. They are the ones who should repent. I'm old enough to remember when the US was actually a functioning democracy -- four years ago.

5. hedrick

hedrick Senior Veteran Supporter

+8,438
    Presbyterian
    Single
    Repentance is a major change in direction and an apology for what one has done. I think in this case it applies. It does not necessarily apply to every change of opinion.

he’s not turning liberal. He’s going to try to help find agreement, after realizing that his previous approah had fostered divisiveness.

6. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,314
    Anglican
    Married
    We have to understand that they, by their way of thinking, occupy or are the high ground.

It's something that's just stipulated. No consistency or anything else matters.

That's what our country is now having to deal with.

And the country isn't doing a really good job of it for the reason that most people, despite some of the smaller the differences between them, persist in thinking that values or actions are either good or bad in themselves.

7. hislegacy

hislegacy At the great Pyramids

+9,634
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Could Soros be the next to repent?

8. Lg2000

Lg2000 Member

+257
    Christian
    I wish we could just be americans . Both the left and right blame everything on each other. Its funny and sad at the sametime.Theres things i like about both and things i dont.

Acknowledging when you screw up is a good step. Better than the proud leadership we currently have in this country at the top that acts like they are perfect and never make a mistake. Leaders take blame.

9. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,895
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Perhaps he realizes that nothing gets done without cooperation and compromise.

Hopefully he will stop supporting the most divisive politicians--starting with Mitch
    McConnell.

10. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Well-Known Member

+1,502
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    The arrogant conceit of Koch believing he is responsible for hyperpartisanship is astounding. The hyperpartisan state we live in today is an outgrowth of the 60s and was first seen on a wide scale in the left-wing response to Reagan in the 80s. It steadily grew worse in the 90s on through to today. No one person made it worse.