Chariot Wheels Found On The Bottom Of The Red Sea - The Exodus REALLY HAPPENED

M

MandM

Here is the link to an article with pictures of chariot wheels on the bottom of the Red Sea:

http://bibleprobe.com/exodus.htm

For those too lazy to read the article, just scroll down and look at the pictures.

I wonder what the skeptics are going to say now?:

"Everyone knows chariots race through there all the time!"

"Christians planted those.....it is part of their grand master plan to rule the world!"

"Those wheels evolved there naturally!"

The reality is that if you take an unbiased look at the evidence, there is only one faith that stands the test:

Christianity

http://foru.ms/t6269602-honest-skep...e-of-the-basic-evidence-for-christianity.html

Solidlyhere

May 6, 2007
near San Francisco
✟17,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Cyberlizard makes an interesting claim: "c14 testing is only applicable to igneous rocks (nothing else)."

I don't think you are correct.

Most Carbon-14 testing is done on plant tissue and animal tissue.

I haven't heard of anyone "dating" igneous rocks with it.
If you have info about this, please let me know.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Here is the link to an article with pictures of chariot wheels on the bottom of the Red Sea:

http://bibleprobe.com/exodus.htm

For those too lazy to read the article, just scroll down and look at the pictures.

I wonder what the skeptics are going to say now?:

"Everyone knows chariots race through there all the time!"

"Christians planted those.....it is part of their grand master plan to rule the world!"

"Those wheels evolved there naturally!"

The reality is that if you take an unbiased look at the evidence, there is only one faith that stands the test:

Christianity

http://foru.ms/t6269602-honest-skep...e-of-the-basic-evidence-for-christianity.html

Hi MandM. :wave:

Thanks for the link. (I can't get the second one to load, but I read the first one.)

My first instinct is to wade in and start making suggestions for tighteing up your apologetic a little, but I'm not sure that's what you want. To give you a hint, I see three logical fallacies in your OP, one in the title. If you're interested, I'll go over them with you tomorrow.

I'm off to bed right now... :sleep:

Upvote 0

Radiata

You don’t need a reason to help people.
May 30, 2007
The Place We Knew...
✟12,250.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1. This is VERY old news.

2. Carbon 14 dating has been proven wrong in all it's forms, on all substances that it has been tested on, multiple times.

3. The wheels are of the same design found in Egyptian styles of the exact era that the Israelites were freed from slavery.

4. There is much more physical evidence than this that proves the bible's validity.

Reactions: Nilloc
Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
2. Carbon 14 dating has been proven wrong in all it's forms, on all substances that it has been tested on, multiple times.

No, this is bogus. C-14 dating has certain limitations (esp with regard to samples and sources of carbon), but these sorts of things are known and the method can be calibrated using samples of known age and other dating methods (both radiometric and non-radiometric).

Upvote 0

Stinker

Senior Veteran
Sep 23, 2004
Overland Park, KS.
✟4,880.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These ancient wheels are not alone in their testimony of the Exodus. There was a number of ancient manna grinders found out in the desert where the Israelites were wandering around for 40 years. I cannot remember where I read this info. I usually make it a practice to log such info when I come across it. Anyway, the Anthropologists thought these grinders extremely interesting because the natural manna would not last near long enough for these grinders to have wore down like they did.

I didn't know enough about manna so I went to Wikipedia......it is correct. Natural manna could not have been the source to feed all those people all those years.

Upvote 0

re:pit

Apr 5, 2005
✟178.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Interesting article. However you need to be careful with your sources.
Your article quotes the wheels were found by Ron Wyatt, while I am sure he was well meaning, his works are dubioius. Even answers in genesis thinks he is wrong (near bottom of page on link below)

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v14/i4/report.asp

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Cyberlizard makes an interesting claim: "c14 testing is only applicable to igneous rocks (nothing else)."

I don't think you are correct.

Most Carbon-14 testing is done on plant tissue and animal tissue.

I haven't heard of anyone "dating" igneous rocks with it.
If you have info about this, please let me know.

see link http://www.gpc.edu/~pgore/geology/geo102/radio.htm subsection of minerals you can date.

just as a side issue, sedimentary rocks are dated by the fossils held within them... so if a biologist/evolutionist says they are 65,000,000 years old, they attribute this age to the rock and then use a circular system of logic to determine the rocks age... i.e. if the fossil is 65,000,000 years old then the rock must be that age also (stupid argument).

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
see link http://www.gpc.edu/~pgore/geology/geo102/radio.htm subsection of minerals you can date.

just as a side issue, sedimentary rocks are dated by the fossils held within them... so if a biologist/evolutionist says they are 65,000,000 years old, they attribute this age to the rock and then use a circular system of logic to determine the rocks age... i.e. if the fossil is 65,000,000 years old then the rock must be that age also (stupid argument).

Interestingly the article you've linked makes it quite clear that scientists do not do what you are accusing them of! Also, I think you are confusing relative and absolute dating of fossils. (More on that later.)

First, let me quote from your linked article:

Radioactive isotopes don't tell much about the age of sedimentary rocks (or fossils). The radioactive minerals in sedimentary rocks are derived from the weathering of igneous rocks. If the sedimentary rock were dated, the age date would be the time of cooling of the magma that formed the igneous rock. The date would not tell anything about when the sedimentary rock formed.

To date a sedimentary rock, it is necessary to isolate a few unusual minerals (if present) which formed on the seafloor as the rock was cemented. Glauconite is a good example. Glauconite contains potassium, so it can be dated using the potassium-argon technique.

(If you are going to create a straw man to argue against, it's probably not a good idea to link to an article demonstrating the actual position you should be addressing. ;))

Also, just to clarify, carbon-14 dating, which was mentioned in reference to the possibility of it being performed on the wheels in question, can be used to date organic material up to about 50,000 years old. It would not play a role in your scenario involving 65,000,0000 year old sedimentary rocks. Hopefully, you were not implying that.

Now, as for the relative and absolute age of fossils:

A fossil's position in geological strata provides information regarding its age relative to fossils found in other strata. In other words, it is used to determine a history or sequence of events. It does not tell a fossil's absolute age. Radiometric dating, on the other hand, has the advantage of establishing the absolute age of geologic materials. In other words, it points to a date on the calendar. Neither piece of information is arbitrary or in the control of the geologist. To put it in simple terms, it is the difference between knowing that Bobby is the eldest of his siblings vs. determining that he is twelve years old, whereas his brothers are aged six and eight. Citing evidence for the two types of information does not represent circular reasoning, but rather a system of checks. They reinforce one another.

Here's a nice little webpage on the subject: Geologic Time

We don't have strata to look at in regard to the wheels. What we really need to know is their age and origin. How do you suppose we would we go about determining these two important pieces of information?

Upvote 0

Radiata

You don’t need a reason to help people.
May 30, 2007
The Place We Knew...
✟12,250.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As I said, metal has been found on the bottom of the ocean.

Therefore, Atlantis existed.
Try to be more reasonable. This wheel was found in the exact place that the exodus occured. It's the same design used in that timeframe. And there is more outside the bible than this that supports scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Try to be more reasonable. This wheel was found in the exact place that the exodus occured. It's the same design used in that timeframe. And there is more outside the bible than this that supports scripture.

How have you determined the exact location of the crossing of the Red Sea?

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Try to be more reasonable.

I did use reason.

I used the OP's.

Does Atlantis now exist?

This wheel was found in the exact place that the exodus occured.

Since the Exodus, if it happened, occurred in the Sea of Reeds and not the Red Sea, that defeats the whole idea.

Furthermore, looking at the map, that is not the traditional nor one of the other major locales of Mount Sinai.

In addition, lots of battles, sojourns, and trading routes have occurred in that land. It is absolutely pure assumption that the wheels found were from chariots or wagons experiencing the Exodus.

Lastly, the website isn't even orthodox and has a decided bent, so of course they'll twist any findings into whatever "evidence" they want it to become.

It's the same design used in that timeframe.

Says who?

And there is more outside the bible than this that supports scripture.

There is scant to none.

Upvote 0