Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK I have an iPod touch, a Kindle reader (which takes the same cable as my cellphone), and a Garmin Forerunner...currently I roll up the cables and clip with large binder clips to keep out of the way...then undo and recharge as necessary. It's usually every couple days for the iPod, and every workout I plug in the Forerunner to upload data...Kindle maybe once a week.

I used to leave the cables plugged into the USB hub but dangling cords all around were getting annoying and I've read about "leaking" energy and such.

Has anyone come up with something..better? I suppose a hub with an on/off switch would work..the only permanent peripheral I have plugged into it is the printer which is used only a couple times a week...

Thanks!

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Get the following
1) Small power strip with on / off switch
2) Small box that will hold strip & your components you want to charge
3) Cardboard that will fit inside box
4) Cut hole in box for power cord. plug in
5) Put chargers in power strip, cables into chargers, hang over box.
6) put cardboard over strip & chargers.
7) plug in devices & place on cardboard.
8) close box.

When not in use charging, turn off power strip, cables in closed box and all you'll see is a nice box with one wire plugged in.

Example of some boxes you can use
http://www.amazon.com/Benzara-Beaut...13?s=furniture&ie=UTF8&qid=1442690163&sr=1-13

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Get the following
1) Small power strip with on / off switch
2) Small box that will hold strip & your components you want to charge
3) Cardboard that will fit inside box
4) Cut hole in box for power cord. plug in
5) Put chargers in power strip, cables into chargers, hang over box.
6) put cardboard over strip & chargers.
7) plug in devices & place on cardboard.
8) close box.

When not in use charging, turn off power strip, cables in closed box and all you'll see is a nice box with one wire plugged in.

Example of some boxes you can use
http://www.amazon.com/Benzara-Beaut...13?s=furniture&ie=UTF8&qid=1442690163&sr=1-13

You're a genius...but you already knew that didn't you:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I have a small pile of micro-USB chargers on a shelf. Whenever my phone needs charging, I grab one and plug it in near where I am (dining room, couch, etc) and let the phone charge. That way I don't have chargers hanging out all over the place like I used to. And I keep a charger at work and I have it on my desktop. I have it plugged in with my PC power strip and the cable comes thru the hole in the desk with the rest of the cables.
The one other device we have at home that needs regular charging in the iPad. And it only needs charging every few days, so I keep the charger put away in my daughter's toy kitchen. lol The iPad is mostly hers anyways.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a small pile of micro-USB chargers on a shelf. Whenever my phone needs charging, I grab one and plug it in near where I am (dining room, couch, etc) and let the phone charge. That way I don't have chargers hanging out all over the place like I used to. And I keep a charger at work and I have it on my desktop. I have it plugged in with my PC power strip and the cable comes thru the hole in the desk with the rest of the cables.
The one other device we have at home that needs regular charging in the iPad. And it only needs charging every few days, so I keep the charger put away in my daughter's toy kitchen. lol The iPad is mostly hers anyways.
:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

nhaas11

Christian News: http://www.shekach.com
Oct 3, 2015
Fresno Ca
Visit site
✟8,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I replaced my outlet in the wall with one that does 110 and USB, search Amazon for "Leviton USB". Remove the cable and put it back into the drawer when finished. Simple! no move chargers.

Upvote 0