Charge concerning you

jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
“If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.” CHINESE PROVERB

For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways.
They will bear you up in their hands,
That you do not strike your foot against a stone.
PSALM 91:11-12 NASB

God will give His angles charge concerning you. We often pray this in our prayers as we pray for God’s protection over us. I have trouble with the word charge. It seems to go against me. Today as I again study the Ninety-first Psalm, a psalm I consider to be the theme song of warriors, I find that I need to go deeper into the word that has been translated into the English as charge. We are all warriors in God’s Army, some are on the front line and do battle in the trenches with the enemy. Some are the support troops, a very important job because no army can fight with out good support. Some are leaders that develop battle plans and have the gift of seeing the big picture. Some are inspirational leaders that keep the troops strong spiritually, because not only is there an overall battle going on, there is an individual battle taking place in the mind of each soldier. Regardless of where you are in the Army of God, your job is an important part, and your job can be done successfully only by you. Our Commander in Chief is the Father, Jesus is our leader into battle, and the Holy Spirit works in each one of us to give us power beyond our own abilities. The kind of Power that you only see in combat. That brings me back to the word charge, with the Father as my commander, why would angels have charge over me? As I study the Hebrew word Tsavah, pronounce Tsaw-vaw’ I find the meaning to go deeper than just having charge over. Share with me this definition from Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary, “to constitute, enjoin, appoint, forbid, give a charge, give in command, give with command, send with command, send a messenger, put, and set in order.” I like enjoining and sending with a command. The angels do not have charge over me, but have been charged to fight along side with me. They are an army within themselves, and they are our allies in this battle. By accepting the charge or command that has been given them, God does for me what I could not do for myself…………JRE

“Of the heavenly things, God has shown me, I can speak but a little word, no more than a honeybee can carry away on its foot an overflowing jar.”
MECHTILD OF MAGDEBURG

“Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!”
ROMANS 11:33 NASB

freyajem

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Nova Scotia
✟5,552.00
Faith
Christian
This is how I was interpreting that passage of angels and charge.....

swimme
  1. charge (chärj)
    pron.gif

v., charged, charg·ing, charg·es.

v.tr.
    1. To impose a duty, responsibility, or obligation on: charged him with the task of watching the young swimmers
I was seeing it as the angels as being in charge of the person in their care, taking care of that person, seeing that they would come to no harm. I would put babysitters in charge of my children when they were little so I would know they would be okay when I got home.

Upvote 0

jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
"I would put babysitters in charge of my children when they were little so I would know they would be okay when I got home."

What a beautiful way to put it, thanks for sharing. You have given me more insight into the verse and the word charge....thank you......jerry ralph

Upvote 0