Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know you don’t want to think about Christmas until Thanksgiving is over, but what about relaxing with an informative six week course learning about the historical background of the Christmas story.

Christmas, more than any other aspect of the Christian religion, is smothered with extra fantasy aspects, myths, legends and extra trimmings.

My online, real time course will dig into the fascinating historical details surrounding the nativity of the Lord. We will start with a study on the dates and authors of the gospels–especially St Matthew who tells the story of the Magi. We will look at the historical background of Mary and Joseph and the intriguing history and theology surrounding the Bethlehem shepherds. When I have taught this at parish missions people are amazed at what they didn’t know about the Bethlehem shepherds and the true, deeper meanings of the nativity story they thought they knew so well.

Then there will be two session digging into my book The Mystery of the Magi in which I believe I have discovered the true historical identity of the three wise men. The final session will focus on the meaning and theology of the birth narratives of the Lord.

I really enjoy teaching these sessions. It’s a real time chance to meet you, take questions and share in a discussion.

This is an excellent way to celebrate Advent and the Christmas season. I hope you’ll take the time to join me.

The way to access the course is to sign up as a Donor Subscriber to the blog at the Promotion Level and above. You can sign up for just November and December then cancel if you wish, or you can remain a Donor Subscriber and have access to all the podcasts, archived articles and the recorded video content which now includes a Deep Dive into my book Immortal Combat, a six week course on Benedictine Spirituality and a six week course on The Church in an Age of Revolution–looking at the last 500 years of church history and why we are now is such a pickle.

Continued below.
Characters of Christmas