• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chanukah Plans

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by Leah F, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Leah F

Leah F Too blessed to be stressed.

+13
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The Festival of Light is coming up. How is everyone going to celebrate? I have some Jewish heritage and this will me my third year celebrating (I am 33).

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Open Heart

Open Heart Well-Known Member

+4,221
    United States
    Seeker
    Celibate
    I live alone, so although I do celebrate, it's not as big as it was when I had kids.

I have my menorah, of course, and my little tchotchkes -- I collect one ornamental dreidel each year. I make great latkes with sour cream and apple sauce, and once during the festival I go out and buy a half dozen jelly donuts. I will make an I-phone recording of my Matza-man singing, and send it to my son. My daughter is considering conversion to Judaism, so I'll be on the phone with her a lot, to see what she is up to.

There is a Jewish gentleman that I am seeing, and the two of us plan to go together to a civic menorah lighting sponsored by Chabad. We'll buy food, and visit the booths, and have fun talking all bundled up in the cold evening air.