• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chanukah Plans

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by Leah F, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Leah F

Leah F Too blessed to be stressed.

+12
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The Festival of Light is coming up. How is everyone going to celebrate? I have some Jewish heritage and this will me my third year celebrating (I am 33).

2. Open Heart

Open Heart Messianic Jewish Catholic

+3,464
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    I live alone, so although I do celebrate, it's not as big as it was when I had kids.

I have my menorah, of course, and my little tchotchkes -- I collect one ornamental dreidel each year. I make great latkes with sour cream and apple sauce, and once during the festival I go out and buy a half dozen jelly donuts. I will make an I-phone recording of my Matza-man singing, and send it to my son. My daughter is considering conversion to Judaism, so I'll be on the phone with her a lot, to see what she is up to.

There is a Jewish gentleman that I am seeing, and the two of us plan to go together to a civic menorah lighting sponsored by Chabad. We'll buy food, and visit the booths, and have fun talking all bundled up in the cold evening air.