• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Chanukah 2019 & the NYC attacks

Discussion in 'The Kibitz Klub - JCC Fellowship Forum' started by Open Heart, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Open Heart

Open Heart Well-Known Member

+4,324
    United States
    Seeker
    Celibate
    This post may be a little late in coming, but it's still on my mind these weeks later.

I had many good happy times during the Chanukah holiday, but I can't help but feel like they were spoiled by the anti-Semitic violence in NYC. Every time I sat down to a good time, thoughts of the attacks would continually interrupt me. My heart was split between those I was celebrating with, and those I was aching for. And the attacks just went on and on...

It's a sobering time to be a Jew. I used to feel that the US was the safest place in the world to be a Jew. Now I'm wondering if that's so. I used to read about the anti-Semitism in, say, France, and feel relieved that it wasn't that way where I lived. I'm rethinking that.

Jews elsewhere in the world are making aliyah to escape the growing danger. Should we American Jews be pondering the same choice?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?