Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟19,453.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi guys,
I know that most of us are on the single train, some for longer than others...have/or do any of you feel hesitant about stopping off at a station and entering the world of dating again? If so, why?

Those who have never dated can answer this too.

Just curious.
At times I am a bit hesistant because I am use to the freedoms of being a single. I'm so use to being single sometimes wonder if I'd be a good wife. When I think about the possibility of being a wife, I wonder if I could truly be happy with sharing everything with that person. Right now there is no one to check in with except for myself. I can go and do whatever I want, whenever I please. You don't have to think about everything you are saying... trying to make the best impression or please someone else. You can just relax! That's not to say that you're fake when you're dating or in a relationship but you're not totally being yourself (at least not in the initial stage of dating).

As you can see it's the snowball effect with my thoughts some days but I would prefer to have someone special in my life. I just don't know where to look or how to let the guys know that i'm available...

Upvote 0

~Beauty_from_Pain~

By His grace, For His glory
Jul 29, 2005
USA
✟41,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not hesistant until I go on a few dates (which has been forever) and then I start to get scared that the relationship won't go anywhere and I start to back off....

Otherwise, I'm ready. I'm just scared of getting into something that won't work. I would rather just stay single if that's the case. It's fine here for the most part:)

Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I've never dated and probably never will. I missed the station so long ago that it's easier at this point just to keep going.^_^
I can't even see the station but if it becomes so clear I have to jump off while the train's in motion, so be it.

Way to work a metaphor Ish!

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Hi guys,
I know that most of us are on the single train, some for longer than others...have/or do any of you feel hesitant about stopping off at a station and entering the world of dating again? If so, why?

Just curious.

I just got out of a pretty difficult relationship. That, coupled with the fact that I'd rather focus on myself/my progression right now are reasons why I'd rather refrain from a relationship at this time. I have some huge things to look forward to in the next couple years, so I don't really want to distract from those things. I also need to work on a couple things to ensure that I am the best woman that I can be for my man who would be doing the very same thing (well, ensuring that he would be the best man for me, heh :sorry: ) When I'm in a relationship, the relationship tends to be my priority. Why? I want to get married someday, so to invest in it seems wise to me.

I don't focus on my singleness, but there are days when I definitely miss being a part of a couple, etc etc. I have never been the type to go from relationship to relationship -- it's just not how I am. I'm pretty independant that way. So, to be single for several months or even a year is not a big deal to me.

Note: It hasn't been even close to a year, so I can say that with ease. :)

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys,

Just curious.
I am so afraid of rejection, it takes a while for me to tell a girl ow i feel about her, I am just so afraid of the pain

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
You don't have to think about everything you are saying... trying to make the best impression or please someone else. You can just relax! That's not to say that you're fake when you're dating or in a relationship but you're not totally being yourself (at least not in the initial stage of dating).
One way to bypass this would be to get to know people on a friendly level where you are yourself (as a friend) and only date people that know you and like you even after seeing all your sides of you :)

If you are purposely not doing things to keep a relationship going, then that relationship feels very "false" to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tinkerbell33

Feb 24, 2007
✟34,871.00
Marital Status
Private
I've never been in a relationship. And actually I'm a bit scared of what it would be like. I can't even imagine it. But hopefully when I find the right person it'll feel natural.

Really? I am surprised...you are beautiful and seem smart and kind. :)

Upvote 0

lostaquarium

Quite flawed
Dec 23, 2008
London
✟12,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Really? I am surprised...you are beautiful and seem smart and kind. :)
Thank you, that's so nice :) Unfortunately I've been seriously distracted with various things these past few years, which put me out of the loop socially. I'm also naturally more conservative than most people. But I've also met plenty of older women who used to be like me, but are now happily married to the only guy they dated, which sounds like an ideal situation :)

Upvote 0