London
✟79,581.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
Phil 4:7-8

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit
2 Cor 3:18

Are we perfect? Have we arrived at Christ likeness?
What happens if we lose faith, give up believing there is victory and refuse
the prompting of God. When we meet Jesus, can He change us, or are we
now unchangeable?

It struck me that where we have got to was less important to being open and
faithful to the next step, is the door through which we are perfected so must
stay there for it to be completed when we meet Him.

Reactions: Emli

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
Phil 4:7-8

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit
2 Cor 3:18

Are we perfect? Have we arrived at Christ likeness?
What happens if we lose faith, give up believing there is victory and refuse
the prompting of God. When we meet Jesus, can He change us, or are we
now unchangeable?

It struck me that where we have got to was less important to being open and
faithful to the next step, is the door through which we are perfected so must
stay there for it to be completed when we meet Him.

As we live now ....

Philippians 3

12Not that already I have obtained it or already have been perfected, but I am pursuing, if also I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing indeed: Forgetting the things behind and reaching forward to the things ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward calling of God in Christ Jesus.

To come ....

1 John 3

2 Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when Christ appears, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,581.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I went to a house group tonight. We are looking at the Lords prayer.
It suddenly struck me, though it has been there for a long time, forgiveness is part of
our natural walk. We will get hurt, sinned against, as we will hurt others and sin
against them. This is part of how we interact. But innate within this is the dynamic of
forgiveness, of putting things right, of communication.

We often think of heaven and good fellowship as a place without pain or issues.
But here is Jesus saying, there will always be issues, but it is how you deal with them
that distinguishes you from others. This makes community hard and also a blessing.

So to walk like Jesus is not so much not being ourselves but being sensitive and adjusting
to those around. And when issues arise, resolving them, and God has resolved our issues
with Him.

When people declared sinless perfectionism is an error they maybe right, but not because
we are defeated but because the victory is in carrying on despite our failures and love and
forgiveness overcoming them to bring praise to His name.

Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,581.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I write the above because I have been attacked by people who hated the desire to walk
righteously and know victory as a form of hypocracy and striving to prove oneself before
Jesus.

There is another aspect of this. The desire to walk like Jesus because one loves Him so
much and believes this is our calling, but not for show, but from the depths of our hearts.

In the cross we are secure. To know what the cross is and who Jesus is, puts us there.
And because we are truly secure we want above all else to bring praise to His name and
His great message.

Those who attack such a position are showing one thing. They are neither secure or
have a burning passion for the life and words Jesus is saying.

I once shared in church at the end of service how I now felt Jesus with me in my heart.
A passing believer said, really? As if that was just impossible. So many things in a culture become the backdrop, without being spoken about, but are actually lies of the enemy. Not suprisingly as they come from the world and not the Lord.

Upvote 0