change stony heart to soft heart

Juelrei

May 13, 2015
✟15,557.00
see post 2 Corinthians 4:6

Ezekiel 11:19

And I will give them an undivided, singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them. I will take away their stony, stubborn heart and give them a tender, responsive heart. -LB

I will give them a single purpose and put a new spirit in them. I will remove their stubborn hearts and give them obedient hearts. -GW

-

And I will give them one heart - A whole system of renewed affections.

And I will put a new spirit within you - To direct and influence these new affections.

And I will take the stony heart out of their flesh - That which would not receive the impressions of my Spirit.

And will give them a heart of flesh - One that is capable of receiving and retaining these impressions.
- Bible commentator Adam Clarke [1831] at Biblos.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sunsurfkdt

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,924,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
see post 2 Corinthians 4:6

Ezekiel 11:19

And I will give them an undivided, singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them. I will take away their stony, stubborn heart and give them a tender, responsive heart. -LB

I will give them a single purpose and put a new spirit in them. I will remove their stubborn hearts and give them obedient hearts. -GW

-

And I will give them one heart - A whole system of renewed affections.

And I will put a new spirit within you - To direct and influence these new affections.

And I will take the stony heart out of their flesh - That which would not receive the impressions of my Spirit.

And will give them a heart of flesh - One that is capable of receiving and retaining these impressions.
- Bible commentator Adam Clarke [1831] at Biblos.com

Amen! Sounds like NT "regeneration" to me. (John 3:3; 2 Corinthians 5:17)

Upvote 0