Change of the guard

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Curious as to why King Charles announced ”17” days of mourning for the Queen rather than the prescribed and planned for ”10” days.

This particular day aligns the final day of mourning to the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashana, Yom Teruah, the Feast of Trumpets. This holiday marks the end of the Shmittah year (5782) and the start of the Jewish Jubilee year, 5783. The jubilee year marks the forgiveness/cancellation of all debts and the return of lands to their original owners.

Perhaps these specific dates go unnoticed by most people, but they typically only occur once or twice in one’s lifetime.

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟137,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Curious as to why King Charles announced ”17” days of mourning for the Queen rather than the prescribed and planned for ”10” days.

This particular day aligns the final day of mourning to the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashana, Yom Teruah, the Feast of Trumpets. This holiday marks the end of the Shmittah year (5782) and the start of the Jewish Jubilee year, 5783. The jubilee year marks the forgiveness/cancellation of all debts and the return of lands to their original owners.

Perhaps these specific dates go unnoticed by most people, but they typically only occur once or twice in one’s lifetime.

Shalom Sis,

You said, "This holiday marks the end of the Shmittah year (5782) and the start of the Jewish Jubilee year, 5783." Could you please cite this reference as I am looking at a number of conflicting sources concerning the Shmittah year.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Upvote 0