Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In this past week, so much change has gone on within me. Before, I used to stand for a lot of things, but now... everything is changing. I mean, I still hold a lot of my old morals and yet my thinking is starting to re-align with the teachings of the Catholic Church, just like before I became a liberal. Granted, I still identify as a liberal kind of woman, but I've realized that maybe some of my old ideas aren't as moral as I thought that they were... huh...

When you open yourself up to what God has to say, there's bound to be great changes that happen, I suppose. I'm just surprised that these changes have happened so fast. What would usually take months to happen took only a matter of days. And I don't think it's just me caving into peer pressure or anything. These changes are legitimate and make very much sense to me. I agree with the stances of the Church on so much more than I realized in the past. I just wish that I realized this sooner... although I suppose all things happen when they are supposed to happen.

Anyways, thank you to everyone who has been following me on this journey of mine. It really means a lot that people are willing to listen to what I have to say.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I have found nothing in Christianity that changes my political orientation or attitudes. I am still left-of-center as I have always been, and still fundamentally a liberal in that I believe in personal liberty rather than authoritarianism.

Reactions: HoneyBee
Upvote 0

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have found nothing in Christianity that changes my political orientation or attitudes. I am still left-of-center as I have always been, and still fundamentally a liberal in that I believe in personal liberty rather than authoritarianism.
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not becoming right-leaning or anything (although I'm starting to shift from far left to left-center), but some of my old beliefs are certainly being put into question, like my previous stances on abortion for example.

Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In this past week, so much change has gone on within me. Before, I used to stand for a lot of things, but now... everything is changing. I mean, I still hold a lot of my old morals and yet my thinking is starting to re-align with the teachings of the Catholic Church, just like before I became a liberal. Granted, I still identify as a liberal kind of woman, but I've realized that maybe some of my old ideas aren't as moral as I thought that they were... huh...

When you open yourself up to what God has to say, there's bound to be great changes that happen, I suppose. I'm just surprised that these changes have happened so fast. What would usually take months to happen took only a matter of days. And I don't think it's just me caving into peer pressure or anything. These changes are legitimate and make very much sense to me. I agree with the stances of the Church on so much more than I realized in the past. I just wish that I realized this sooner... although I suppose all things happen when they are supposed to happen.

Anyways, thank you to everyone who has been following me on this journey of mine. It really means a lot that people are willing to listen to what I have to say.

I believe that the fact you are actually doing a self-examination of your heart indicates that you are willing to let God reveal things that are not right and that will hinder you from growing in Him. This is one of the things that the His Word teaches us, which is to judge our own heart and its intent before judging others. I pray that the more you seek His truth the more you will grow and find who He really is.
I, personally, hate to label myself in terms of worldly views but rather to simply stand on the Word of God and be identified by how I live that Word in my daily life. Now the world will immediately label me as being a conservative or whatever. But I know who I am in Christ and that is all that really matters.
God Bless!

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not becoming right-leaning or anything (although I'm starting to shift from far left to left-center), but some of my old beliefs are certainly being put into question, like my previous stances on abortion for example.
That's a great thing. If a person comes to Christ and doesn't see anything in their life that needs changing, maybe they didn't actually come to Christ at all.

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I would strongly suggest to read the Gospels and stick to those.

Ritualistic church stuff that leads people away from that is not wise.

(You can certainly be saved as a Catholic, I would recommend reading Francis of Assisi and Teresa of Avila.)

But, bad sign when someone is saying they just became a follower of Jesus... and are not discussing Jesus' actual teachings.

Sorry, just being careful.

Upvote 0