CF Singles Christmas Thread 2022

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟240,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's that time of year again! Sort of. The sun is still shining and it's still pretty warm, but the Christmas Decorations are already for sale at Walmart, so obviously, it's time to be excited!

All yall Christmas Haters who wanna talk about Halloween, or Thanksgiving being first-- you can complain all you want, but I'll probably just spam you with Christmas memes, so beware :yellowcard:

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟240,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Aren't you getting a wee bit ahead of yourself? It's only October 1.
Hmmmmmmm, I was very clear about the consequences of "you're too early" posts, was I not?

916f694958c23e3aff2f5bebf04ddf28.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Last week bought some Christmas stockings at Goodwill along with some other Christmas decorations. I plan to have miniature theme Christmas trees in my department that I will dress up. And the stockings I bargained for 99 cents since they had no stickers on them.

Today I went to hobby lobby to pick up a miniature nutcracker soldier that has the colors for one of the themes I'm thinking about. I haven't decided for my own house or or work. I talked about it with a co-worker, as she is into decorating also. Last year a neighbor got me a nutcracker doll that is a shopping girl. He said it was to start my nutcracker collection. I have plaid ribbon that I used last year for one of the trees that I will use to put that theme for this year at work. The tree that is above my desk in my cubicle I did a winter wonderland scene with some pink sort of sweets theme. My house I didn't Winter wonderland and gold. I get a live Christmas tree from a local farm each year with my mom after Black Friday.

Good thread.:oldthumbsup:

Reactions: mojoboy31
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
It's six weeks later and this thread is STILL too early.

I took a stroll down Oxford St last night - and once again, they've gone absolutely mental with decorations in the second week of November. Bond St looks like Santa's Grotto.

Disgusting.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟240,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's six weeks later and this thread is STILL too early.

I took a stroll down Oxford St last night - and once again, they've gone absolutely mental with decorations in the second week of November. Bond St looks like Santa's Grotto.

Disgusting.
download (47).jpeg121.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: ReesePiece23
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well I do actually draw the line somewhere, I won't listen to Christmas music till after Thanksgiving. I always change the radio station even though it's tempting. Christmas tree doesn't go up till after Black Friday. And so far I've been sticking with a live tree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not fond of Christmas. I don't think it's about Jesus. I think other things like Santa Clause and presents dominate the holiday. It also doesn't help that I worked in retail for several years.
I can't stand how secular it is either. I've long thought we s/ move the celebration of Christ's birth to a different month.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm not fond of Christmas. I don't think it's about Jesus. I think other things like Santa Clause and presents dominate the holiday. It also doesn't help that I worked in retail for several years.

A little leaven leavens the whole loaf. It was never about Him. They’ve chipped away over the years and conditioned our compliance. We don’t celebrate Christmas. I make allowances for older relatives. We celebrate Hanukkah and related holidays.

The interesting difference between the two is secularism. Passover, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Purim and Hanukkah aren’t commercialized. The religious component is foremost. How did we get off-track? I have my thoughts on the subject.

The closer I get to God the more I move from mainstream Christianity.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟240,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
20221119_190252.jpg

Put up a tree at work, and decorated it.

sampa
sampa
Your tree looks great! Picked up on Christmas tree yesterday. Not decorated yet because I spent most of my time outside putting lights up and getting the yard cleaned up. Still lots more decorating to do this week. Taking three more days of vacation.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0