Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,094.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hmmm - a quotation from an ancient writer comes to mind

We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.

here we go again

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm - a quotation from an ancient writer comes to mind
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
here we go again
Are you sure that quotation is genuine?:
http://www.dtc.umn.edu/~reedsj/petronius.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
In the past, as any website that focuses on understanding between all Christians...we have sometimes had our times of greater or lesser dispute on things. One thing that is of concern whenever there is a new owner is the question: Are Catholics Christians?

i hope this does not sound like a cop out to you. that is not what i am trying to do. at this point, knowing what CF has been through in the past year i am not making any policy changes anytime in the near future.

to be honest, my belief in one topic or another is irrelevant at this point. this community needs to be taken care of and ministered to...that is my priority. i sense that is my role, and also feel strongly that this is a time to stabilize and grow. no one is on a short leash or is going to be run off.

Why do we always get picked on?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
In the past, as any website that focuses on understanding between all Christians...we have sometimes had our times of greater or lesser dispute on things. One thing that is of concern whenever there is a new owner is the question: Are Catholics Christians?
i hope this does not sound like a cop out to you. that is not what i am trying to do. at this point, knowing what CF has been through in the past year i am not making any policy changes anytime in the near future.

to be honest, my belief in one topic or another is irrelevant at this point. this community needs to be taken care of and ministered to...that is my priority. i sense that is my role, and also feel strongly that this is a time to stabilize and grow. no one is on a short leash or is going to be run off.

Why do we always get picked on?

To be fair, I am the one who asked that question. I wanted to know. So it was not someone trying to say we were not Christian. It was me asking to see if there would be any change in that regard.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Since I'm new around here still, I don't know the background. Why would there be a concern for Catholics in here?

There are few Multi-Christian boards that treat us like Christians. Very few. And these are private boards. How we are treated pretty much depends on the view of the owner and what rules they allow.

Upvote 0

neeners

Nov 16, 2008
✟15,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are few Multi-Christian boards that treat us like Christians. Very few. And these are private boards. How we are treated pretty much depends on the view of the owner and what rules they allow.

I understand these are privately owned. I was trying to find out specifically what happen that makes everyone feel this way.

I think the issue is that most Christians in general who frequent message boards are traditionally from the far right so they do not have the ecumenical spirit that you would fine among the more liberal main line Churches. For whatever reason and this is something I've noticed over the years I've visited different Christian or Catholic sites. They are both highly conservative. Steve Ray and Karl Keating have websites that allow unfriendly treatment of Protestants in general. Why? Because most of the Catholics that are on those sites are from the far right, often converts from the Baptist sects.

I know this probably doesn't sound very nice of me but frankly, I find it a breath of fresh air that the Catholics are not the top dogs on this site and do not rule the roost. For years I often saw treatment of Protestants on Catholics sites that made me gringe.

Having said that, no bad treatment should ever happen to either camp but as I said, online Christain world is very different as it seems to attrack extremes on both sides.

One of the reasons I like obob is that I like most of the Catholics on here and I also like the idea that it's not run by a dogmatic apologists with a traditionlists agenda and causing more divisions within the Church.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.