Right of center
✟1,879,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
New thread (by way of member suggestion) for parents to post baby names - theirs or those of friends/family - and for new parents to get inspiration for names for their newborns.

Have fun! :) And if you know anything about the name, background, history, roots, etc. others might be interested in that as well.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Boys :D

Aaron: uncertain [Strong's OT175]; alternatively, Yah-Ark or Spirit-filled [OT3050 + OT727]
BenJudah: Ben- Son (of) + Judah [lit. handed], celebrated, praise [OT1121 + OT3063]
>>Ben, Judah
Daniel:
Judge from God [OT1840]
David: Loving [OT1732]
Elijah: My God is Yah [OT452]; alternatively, Elevated by Yah [OT5941 + OT3050]
Gabriel: He-man of God [OT1403]
Hezekiah: Tenacious from Yah [OT2396]
>>Hez, Hezzy
Jeshua:
Yah saves/delivers/frees [OT3442]
>>Jesse
Jordan:
Descender [OT3383]
Joseph: Yah will increase [OT3130]
Josiah: Founded of Yah [OT2977]
Nathaniel: Given of God [OT5417]
Uriah: Flame of Yah [OT223]
Zephaniah: Safely hidden in Yah [OT6846]
>>Zeph, Zeffy, Zephyr

Girls :tutu:

Anastasia: [Gr.] of the Resurrection [NT386]
>>Stasia
JoHannah:
Yah-favored, -graced or -inclined [OT3050 + OT2584, the Hebrew form of Joanna, NT2489]
>>Jo, Hannah
Joshana:
Yasha na, Do save/deliver/free [us]! [OT3467 + OT4994, the Hebrew form of Hosanna!, NT5614]. (It turns out that Hosha na is a little more accurate.)
Jubilee: trumpet-blast, especially as it marks a Year of Redemption [OT3104]
Maranatha: Mara n'atha, Lord, do come! [OT4756 + OT4994 + OT858 from NT3134]
>>Mara, Maranie, Notha
Nike:
[Gr.] victory [NT3529]
Nissiah: Banner or Standard of Yah [OT5251 + OT3050]
>>Nissie
Shiloh:
Peaceful [OT7886]
>>Shi

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My DDs are

Christian DeAnn: Christian is Latin meaning follower of Christ, DeAnn is Latin meaning Valley
Mary Louise: Mary is Hebrew meaning Bitter, Louise is Germanic meaning Fame and war

Baby due in April will either be:
Jerrald Vern: Jerrald is Germanic meaning spear ruler, Vern is Norse meaning place of alders
or
Alice Helen: Alice is Germanic meaning noble kind, Helen is Greek meaning wicker, reed, shoot, torch, basket.

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2006
✟10,867.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
oooh, fun thread!

My little one's are:

Ruth Ana - Ruth means 'companion, friend, vision of beauty'. From the Bible (the Bible book of Ruth has special personal meaning). Ana means 'Grace' - and is a family name.

Ezekiel Peter - Ezekiel means 'God strengthens'. Also from the Bible book which has special personal significance for us. Peter means 'a rock' - and is a family name.

I loved the names, I loved the meanings and thought they all fit together perfectly!

Upvote 0

Utah Knight

A friend to all
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Just north of Salt Lake City Utah
✟90,009.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
my son is Zack
my daughter is Ayame

Ayame means colourful lady or lady of many talents it is orental in orgin it is also the name of a flower related to the Iris.

The name Zack it is a variant of Isaac (Hebrew), Zachariah (Hebrew) and Zachary (Hebrew), and the meaning of Zack is "laughter; the Lord recalled".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rae72

Nov 18, 2008
Idaho
✟15,183.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
My little girl is Reagan Elaine. Reagan means "little king," but I actually named her after the president. Elaine means "light." It is my mom and grandma's middle name.

My son is Taylor James. Taylor means "tailor". My husband picked this name out and I don't think for any important reason. I wanted the name Landon ("from the long hill"). James means "supplanter" and it is my dad's middle name and my brothers first name.

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My little girl's name is Emily MaKenzie. She's not named after anyone, it was just the only name that her daddy and I could agree on^_^

Other girl names that I like:
Olivia Paige
Brookelynn Rene (Brookelynn is a combination of mine and my sister's middle names, and Rene is my best friend's middle name)
Clare Victoria
Lilly Ann (Lilies were my grandfather's favorite flower and Ann is the middle name of 3 ladies that are very dear to me)
Gabriella Amber

Boys:
Micah Alexander
Isaac
Caleb

Doesn't really matter what boy names I like though, if Charlie and I have a boy his name will be Charles Ray *last name* 3rd. I really don't like it. I've never liked the generation after generation naming thing..and plus I just don't like the name Charles Ray...hopefully we'll have a girl.:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Girl names:
Scarlette,Violet,Destiny,Brooklyn,Michelle,Jennifer,also Gennavieve only because said they had a dream that I had a beautiful daughter named Gennavieve.I don't see where I would have ever came up with the name though,But I guess you never know.
Boy names:
John,James,Mathew,Micheal,Shawn and Sebastien.John and James are people I've known or know and don't want to forget them.The other names are just name that I like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0