Visit site
✟434,811.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Last month, CF went down for a day, and since it came back up, it has become much harder for me to access the forums. At best, I am forced to wait 20-30 seconds (when “DDOS flare” promises “up to 5 seconds”), and very often have to run a gamut of captchas of boats and buses. It makes it more of a turn-off.

Anyone else have that experience?

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Last month, CF went down for a day, and since it came back up, it has become much harder for me to access the forums. At best, I am forced to wait 20-30 seconds (when “DDOS flare” promises “up to 5 seconds”), and very often have to run a gamut of captchas of boats and buses. It makes it more of a turn-off.

Not here. Sorry that’s happening! That’d be frustrating.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,452.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have had occasional periods where CF appears to be offline. I have a VPN on my laptop which is set to Australia, but no VPN on my phone. I haven't actually checked if CF is still accessible on my phone when it is offline on my laptop.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟434,811.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Have you tried using a VPN? Make it appear you are not in Russia.
VPNs were made technically illegal here several years ago, though I guess they only go after really big fish using them, but the local ISP makes things difficult sometimes. It's funny how the national carriers don't worry about blocking so many sites, but if you go local wifi in my town, a lot of absurd things wind up getting blocked (fear of the national watchdog). I turn off the wifi, and no problem. But on the PC I can't do that.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

I've noticed for months that I would get a non-https site or that the site was busy and have to re-try in a new tab.

I don't recall seeing any captchas or a cloudflare page saying please wait However.

I only see the cloudflare reference when the site is actually down.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟434,811.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think it's because you're in Russia, rus. Too bad VPNs are illegal; it's the only fix I can think of.
It’s not the Russian government causing the problem. It’s CF.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Probably. If they had attacks from IP blocks that are similar to yours, then they have increased security for those IPs. What can they do?

• Informative
Upvote 0

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
Pacific Coast - originally from Maine
✟453,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I would imagine that the moderator of this forum could "whitelist" your IP address because you are known to the forum versus a bot or hit and run visitor working some angle. Or I will just say that that type of thing is often done elsewhere when the problem arises. Moderators have their own rules of course and I respect that. Just saying what works technically sometimes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When people are having issues like this it would be best for them to make a Ticket in Support. There are a number of things we can do on the back end to troubleshoot the issue and hopefully fix it. At the very least we can let you know if it is just "you" or if it is network wide and something we are working on.

Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums