• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Cessationism: Tongues, Prophecy, and the Gift of Miracles Have Ceased.

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Bible Highlighter, Jan 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member

+449
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Married
    UK-Conservative
    Yes. But Paul's experience was unique,

2. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,648
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    While what you are saying is true, that is a given, everyone knows we a Believer receives the Holy Spirit within them, even if they do not Pray in Tongues.

I know It sounds like I'm splitting hairs, but we are infilled with the Spirit upon our Baptism, and a Believer receives the Gifts at a different time, not at all related to the Indwelling.

This in my opinion is part of the problem people have, they are believing it all take place at the same time when it clearly does not, just because a Bleiever has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, does not mean they have any of the Gifts of the Spirit.

3. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,864
    Christian
    Private
    :scratch:

4. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,648
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    Mohammed was a False Prophet.

It is impossible for Muslims and Hindus to have Prophecy and Tongues, they are both False Religions and do not in any way represent the One True God.

Like I said, just because something may be used out of order, does not mean it has ceased.

All of Scripture does not say what you think it says.

5. Jonathan Mathews

Jonathan Mathews Well-Known Member

+432
    Christian
    Single
    If the Gifts come from the Holy Spirit, don't we get them when we receive Him? When they are expressed or utilized is a different matter. But I won't argue with you on when we get them because we're already in agreement that they exist :)

6. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea. Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+5,813
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    MOD HAT ON
    This thread has been closed by OP Request

MOD HAT OFF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.