Ceremonial Law like circumcision -- vs moral law of TEN Comm with Sabbath for ALL

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
@SabbathBlessings @LGW
Where the doctrines of sin is found, we learn plainly that from Adam to Moses, sin was in the world before the law was given. (Rom 5:13)

Before the Law was "written in stone" at Sinai - given in tablets of stone to Moses. But not before the "commandments, laws and statutes" of God existed and were binding on mankind.

Gen 26:5 5 " Abraham obeyed Me and fulfilled his duty to Me, and kept My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.

so then the "Baptist Confession of Faith" sectn 19, and the "Westminster Confession of Faith" sectn 19 are correct to admit that the TEN commandments applied to mankind starting in EDEN and the Sabbath was commanded in Gen 2:1-3 as Exodus 20:11 points out.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Rom 4:15 "... where there is no law, there also is no violation."NASB
Rom 4:15 "15 because the law brings about wrath; for where there is no law there is no transgression."KJV

Your misguided intention is to say, if there is no law, there is no sin.

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Rom 4:15 "... where there is no law, there also is no violation."

1 John 3:4 "Sin IS transgression of the LAW"

Rom 3:19-20 "through the LAW comes the knowledge of what sin is"

your argument is "with the text"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul is not preaching a different gospel than Jesus or the other disciples. Paul does not preach a different gospel from one chapter to another and Paul is not deleting God's laws that we are told are eternal Psalms 89:34

Amen!

"THIS GOSPEL of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world AND THEN shall the end come" Matt 24

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul is not talking about the ten commandments

Paul says "the FIRST commandment with a promise" in that unit of TEN that is still binding on all mankind - is "Honor your father and mother" Eph 6:1-2

The point remains.

so then
the "Baptist Confession of Faith" sectn 19, and
the "Westminster Confession of Faith" sectn 19
D.L. Moody's sermon on the TEN Commandments
are all correct to admit that the TEN commandments applied to mankind starting in EDEN

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Paul is not preaching a different gospel than Jesus or the other disciples. Paul does not preach a different gospel from one chapter to another and Paul is not deleting God's laws that we are told are eternal Psalms 89:34
Again we disagree. Your statements are cloudy and lack bible truths.

Jesus did not come to repeat what Moses was given by God.
Paul was not sent to repeat what was already given.
Confirming components of the law does not not mean that we're under the law.
Who was trying to kill Paul and why?
I am sorry if you do not like the scriptures I posted they are direct quotes from Jesus. I do not need to interpret them, as they speak plainly.

If you love Me, keep My commandments John 14:15
Was Jesus talking about the ten commandments or was He referring to the directions He was commanding His disciples in the context? (Please answer)
Your intent is clear because you exclusively post about the ten commandments.

Jesus does not have a different will than His Father. John 6:38, John 14:31, John 5:19, John 1:1, John 10:30 God's commandments are eternal Psalms 89:34 so Jesus is telling us to keep all of His commandments(s) which includes the 4th commandment which most want to forget for some reason, despite God asking us to REMEBER.

If I have abused the scriptures as you claim, than that will be between me and God as He is the one who will righteously Judge me and you.

Jesus tells us though that we should teach His commandments and has some strong words for those who teach others to break His commandments.

Mathew 5:19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven

Maybe something to pray about.
From my view, you're reasoning is to justify your beliefs. You wont answer questions. You ignore what contradicts your teaching. You attack the messenger and ignore the facts presented to you. In Matt 19 the rich young ruler was a Jew under the law. He was required by covenant for him to keep all the commandments until fulfilled by the cross. It's a strategic move to use isolated text and discard the context.
Where does Jesus tell us to teach the ten commandments? (looking for your answers to my questions, please)

hope this helps

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Before the Law was "written in stone" at Sinai - given in tablets of stone to Moses. But not before the "commandments, laws and statutes" of God existed and were binding on mankind.

Gen 26:5 5 " Abraham obeyed Me and fulfilled his duty to Me, and kept My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.

so then the "Baptist Confession of Faith" sectn 19, and the "Westminster Confession of Faith" sectn 19 are correct to admit that the TEN commandments applied to mankind starting in EDEN and the Sabbath was commanded in Gen 2:1-3 as Exodus 20:11 points out.
When God gave Abraham commandments statutes and laws for the people with him (circumcision, sacrifice Isaac, go to a foreign country, leave Sodom,.... ), we read it in the Genesis. So the commandments, statutes and laws given to Abraham could not possibly the same given to Moses. Moses wrote that the fathers before Moses did not have the covenant made at Sinai (The ten commandment). Your commentary contradicts God's word.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Again we disagree. Your statements are cloudy and lack bible truths.

Jesus did not come to repeat what Moses was given by God.
Paul was not sent to repeat what was already given.
Confirming components of the law does not not mean that we're under the law.
Who was trying to kill Paul and why?
Was Jesus talking about the ten commandments or was He referring to the directions He was commanding His disciples in the context? (Please answer)
Your intent is clear because you exclusively post about the ten commandments.

From my view, you're reasoning is to justify your beliefs. You wont answer questions. You ignore what contradicts your teaching. You attack the messenger and ignore the facts presented to you. In Matt 19 the rich young ruler was a Jew under the law. He was required by covenant for him to keep all the commandments until fulfilled by the cross. It's a strategic move to use isolated text and discard the context.
Where does Jesus tell us to teach the ten commandments? (looking for your answers to my questions, please)

hope this helps
Jesus quoted directly from the Ten

Mathew 19:
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

18 He said to Him, “Which ones?”

Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

It never once says the rich young ruler was Jewish nor would it matter because if you are God's children than we are part of God's Israel. Galatians 3:28 Do you really think it's okay for gentiles to commit adultery, steal, murder vain God's name and worship other idols but not for Jews? There is only one Gospel and one Truth.

Jesus told us to keep the whole laws and never came to destroy His Father's commandments Mathew 5:17-20 Jesus and God are not at odds with the laws. They are One.

The whole bible talks about obedience and we express our love to our Savior when we obey. We do not want to be in this position when Jesus comes:

Mathew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Paul says "the FIRST commandment with a promise" in that unit of TEN that is still binding on all mankind - is "Honor your father and mother" Eph 6:1-2

The point remains.

so then
are all correct to admit that the TEN commandments applied to mankind starting in EDEN
First of all you're not addressing 1Cor 7. Secondly, It's no secret that the law given to Moses is scripture forever. The big question is; "Are Christian under the law given to Moses?" This is a conversation we should have.

• Useful
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul is not talking about the ten commandments

The point remains.

so then

First of all you're not addressing 1Cor 7.

I am addressing Paul's term in 1 Cor 7 "the Commandments of God". I am showing that his clarification on that point in Eph 6:1-2 makes it irrefutable that the term refers to the TEN and that this is not just an observation that Sabbath-keeping scholars have made - as noted above.

The point remains.

Secondly, It's no secret that the law given to Moses is scripture forever.

I never said anything about some scripture "not being scripture forever" - my point is the definition being used by Paul where that Law is such that "the first commandment WITH a promise" is the 5th commandment and that this is an obvious Bible detail (pointing to the TEN) that even the non-Sabbath keeping Bible scholars will admit to.

The big question is; "Are Christian under the law given to Moses?" This is a conversation we should have.

The term "under the Law" is very specifically speaking of the lost in Rom 3:19-20 and we see in scripture that it does not contradict the "Sin IS transgression of the LAW" Bible doctrine in the NT but fully complies with it. James 2 points out that same detail.

Paul contrasts ceremonial law in 1 Cor 7:19 with the moral law that defines what sin is for all mankind - when he says "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God". His clarification in Eph 6:1-2 reminds us that he considers the TEN in that term.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When God gave Abraham commandments statutes and laws for the people with him (circumcision, sacrifice Isaac, go to a foreign country, leave Sodom,.... ), we read it in the Genesis. So the commandments, statutes and laws given to Abraham could not possibly the same given to Moses.

1. Moses is the one writing in Gen 26:5
2. The same readers that were given Genesis 26 - were also given Exodus 20
3. Gal 3:8 reminds us that Abraham had also the Gospel - the same one given to us as noted in Gal 1:6-9
4. The covenant made at Sinai was a national covenant - not an individual one (so "yeah" no one else had had such a thing before that) but that did not mean that taking God's name in vain and worshiping false gods "used to be ok" -- in fact Moses points out in Gen 4 "SIN is at your door" even before Cain could have read in stone "do not murder".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
1. Moses is the one writing in Gen 26:5
2. The same readers that were given Genesis 26 - were also given Exodus 20
3. Gal 3:8 reminds us that Abraham had also the Gospel - the same one given to us as noted in Gal 1:6-9
4. The covenant made at Sinai was a national covenant - not an individual one (so "yeah" no one else had had such a thing before that) but that did not mean that taking God's name in vain and worshiping false gods "used to be ok" -- in fact Moses points out in Gen 4 "SIN is at your door" even before Cain could have read in stone "do not murder".
Anyone hooked on phonics can read that the commandments, laws and statutes given Abraham was not the law given to Moses. Moses did say that the fathers before Moses did not get the same covenant (ten commandments)
Deu 5:2The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
Deu 5:3The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.
Deu 5:4The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,

You've failed miserable to understand that sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin was not being recorded.

Rom 5:13(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

You've failed to understand that the gospel preached to Abraham was in the saying :"In thee all nations of the world will be blessed"
Gal 3:8

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Paul says "the FIRST commandment with a promise" in that unit of TEN that is still binding on all mankind -
is "Honor your father and mother" Eph 6:1-2

The point remains.
Yes, you're running away from 1cor 7. Your point is, we're under the law and it's still binding on all mankind.

Your battle is against scriptures that teach we're not under the law and we are to stay that way. You're silent on Paul's lesson.

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Co 7:17 But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.
1Co 7:18 Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.
1Co 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

(The text in question actually says; "whether you're called into Christianity, being under the law or not under the law, what matters is doing what God commands.
You and others highjack an isolated part of 1cor7:19 and claims that it's saying "keep the ten commandments." Please be honest)
1Co 7:20 Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.
1Co 7:21 Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather.
1Co 7:22 For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.
1Co 7:23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.
1Co 7:24 Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.

According to Paul we're not called to be under the law.
I am addressing Paul's term in 1 Cor 7 "the Commandments of God". I am showing that his clarification on that point in Eph 6:1-2 makes it irrefutable that the term refers to the TEN and that this is not just an observation that Sabbath-keeping scholars have made - as noted above.

The point remains.
You are ignoring 1cor7. Your point is a false narrative. The fact is, those of the circumcision are under the law. We're called to Christ in uncircumcision. We have not been called to circumcision. (keep the law)

Eph 6:1-2 does not cross reference to 1cor 7.

Paul contrasts ceremonial law in 1 Cor 7:19 with the moral law that defines what sin is for all mankind - when he says "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God". His clarification in Eph 6:1-2 reminds us that he considers the TEN in that term.
Anyone who reads the scriptures above in (blue) can see how you're using commentary to undermine what the scriptures actually teach.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus quoted directly from the Ten

Mathew 19:
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

18 He said to Him, “Which ones?”

Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

It never once says the rich young ruler was Jewish nor would it matter because if you are God's children than we are part of God's Israel. Galatians 3:28 Do you really think it's okay for gentiles to commit adultery, steal, murder vain God's name and worship other idols but not for Jews? There is only one Gospel and one Truth.

Jesus told us to keep the whole laws and never came to destroy His Father's commandments Mathew 5:17-20 Jesus and God are not at odds with the laws. They are One.

The whole bible talks about obedience and we express our love to our Savior when we obey. We do not want to be in this position when Jesus comes:

Mathew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
lol, The law was given to the circumcision only. Being circumcised was a law and a commandment given to Abraham 430yrs before the law was given. Showing scriptures of the law being mentioned does not mean that Christians are under the law.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You guys wouldn't recognize the gospel path if it bit you in the asterisk?
The just shall live by faith. For they are Dead to the law through their death to sin, the old man crucified that the body of sin be destroyed. Hence forth we shall not serve sin.
Released, serving in newness of spirit not oldness of letter. For he that is dead is freed from sin.
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
So Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ (the word) down from above) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ (the word) again from the dead.)
But what saith it? The word (Christ) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach.

Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh
Rom 8: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above.)
Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach.
Well done, I'm in agreement.
The thing is so does my friend SabbathBlessings, BobRyan and LoveGodsword.

So if the just live by faith and the faith that we preach is through Christ, the word being in the heart and mouth, The Law in the heart and mind working in us both to will and do His good pleasure. No longer on parchment or Tables of stone but on the fleshly tables of our hearts. For through Christ, the word, the law is in the heart and mind and this is the end of the Law on tables of stone and parchment for righteousness to everyone that believeth. Then faith establishes the law. The Law, the word written on tables of stone and parchment. For God has said they are in the heart and mind through Christ. No longer a ministry of the letter but one shown and spoken through the heart. For our sufficiency is not of ourselves but of God.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lol, The law was given to the circumcision only. Being circumcised was a law and a commandment given to Abraham 430yrs before the law was given. Showing scriptures of the law being mentioned does not mean that Christians are under the law.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law (on parchment and tables of stone), do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BobRyan said:
So even in the NT "the saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus" Rev 14:12
That is a terrible translation my friend. There is no Greek word in the text that should be translated "their". The Greek word is τὴν. It is equivalent to the definite article "the" in English and in this verse it is SINGULAR not plural. It should be translated "the faith of Jesus"

τὴν The
πίστιν Faith
Ἰησοῦ Of Jesus.
I agree with you - but having the "faith OF Jesus" can only be accomplished by first having "faith IN Jesus". So the term used in Rev 14 is a more advanced concept -- showing that faith IN Jesus actually leads to having the "faith OF Jesus".

- but I quote it that way to point out to those who stick "either-or" into "Commandments of God" vs "faith in Jesus" so they get the point that this is not speaking against "faith IN Jesus".
Happy Sabbath brother!

However Once again the word their is not there in Rev 14:12 in the Greek. SO the translation you used is wrong. It is either keep the faith of Christ or Keep the faith in Christ. Either way is fine as long as we understand that the faith we have originates from God. Even that is not in and of ourselves. For without Him we can do nothing. We are all given a measure of the faith. We can't have faith in Christ without having the faith of Christ. For we are the Temple of God and it is God that works in us both will and do His good pleasure. As our Lord Jesus said, " Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." The glory of the Lord. That we may be of the One. Jesus in us, God in Him that the world might believe.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

John 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We can't have faith in Christ without having the faith of Christ. For we are the Temple of God and it is God that works in us both will and do His good pleasure. As our Lord Jesus said, " Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." The glory of the Lord. That we may be of the One. Jesus in us, God in Him that the world might believe.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith...

Yes as you point out
Rom 12:3 "as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith..."

However I think it is more than that because "all" have that faith given and some choose to exercise while others do not. What is more "the faith OF Christ" may also be understood in the 1 John 2 sense where it is Christ our example demonstrating what sort of faith we are to have.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The thing is so does my friend SabbathBlessings, BobRyan and LoveGodsword.
Show me that they agreed with that post?
So if the just live by faith and the faith that we preach is through Christ, the word being in the heart and mouth, The Law in the heart and mind working in us both to will and do His good pleasure. No longer on parchment or Tables of stone but on the fleshly tables of our hearts. For through Christ, the word, the law is in the heart and mind and this is the end of the Law on tables of stone and parchment for righteousness to everyone that believeth. Then faith establishes the law. The Law, the word written on tables of stone and parchment. For God has said they are in the heart and mind through Christ. No longer a ministry of the letter but one shown and spoken through the heart. For our sufficiency is not of ourselves but of God.
I have some issues with your response here. You cant just say anything and wrap it up in scriptures. The laws written on the heart are not the one size fit all ten commandments.
Why would God write "thou shall not commit adultery on a 5yrs old child's heart?"
The tablets of stone would be a better place for commandments to a nation. It's a secret to some, that God's law on the heart is dynamic and personal to each person. God also said no one will have to tell you what to do because His indwelling Spirit will tell you. Does the law forbid using crack cocaine? Well, that might be written on someone's heart today. The prophecy in Jer 31:31-34 is intentionally abuse by those who want to mislead about the New Covenant.
Here is what the book of Jer says:
First thing, If God told you "I will give you a new car", How can you end up with the same old car? It would appear that something went wrong with God's promise.
Second thing. If God then said "It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt,"
If God said it wont be like it, how can you end up with the same covenant given to those who came out of slavery in Egypt?
It would appear that something else went wrong with God's promise.

I will continue in another post.

• Useful
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

God's law that He personally wrote on stone, is meant for everyone. There are not two Gospels preached in scriptures.

God personally wrote His will for us and placed it in the Most Holy in God's Temple. These details are very important because God is showing us it's significance. God had an earthy Temple and a Heavenly Temple. Revelations 11:19 Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.

What is inside the ark of the covenant? God's law of love, the Ten commandments. Exodus 25:22

God does not have one will for one nation and another for other nations. He wants all of us to only worship Him, use His name sacredly, keep His Sabbath holy, not bow to idols, honor our parents, tell the truth, not steal or murder, these apply to everyone.

God is a God of love, His commandments are made from love, they are how we show God love and each other. God's laws are Perfect Psalms 19:7, James 1:25, Holy Romans 7:12, Love 1 Timothy 1:5, Romans 13:10, True Psalms 119:142, 151, Righteous Romans 8:4, Just Romans 7:12, Pure Psalms 19:8 God's has the same characteristics as His law, so when you try to do away with the Law of Love, God's commandments, you are essentially doing away with God. God gives us free will, He loves us all so very much He is never going to force His laws on us which are now written in the heart and are fulfilled when we obey. If you don't want to keep God's law of love on this earth- will you be happy in Heaven, because God's laws are eternal Psalms 89:34 just like God's Sabbath is eternal Exodus 31:16, Isaiah 66:23

1 John2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
If you posted Rom 1:21,22,23 to complete Paul's statement, we'd know for sure that Paul is primarily talking about those whom God gave His laws.
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Paul was referencing
Psa 106:19 ¶They made a calf in Horeb and worshiped a metal image.
Psa 106:20They exchanged the glory of God for the image of an ox that eats grass.
Psa 106:21They forgot God, their Savior,who had done great things in Egypt,

Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law (on parchment and tables of stone), do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.
If you'd highlighted Gentiles which have not the law you be accurate.
Paul is saying when Gentile did the right thing, it's like they show the workings of the law is written on their hearts.
Somehow you want to hold them to a law they were never given.

Last edited:
Upvote 0