• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

cerebral palsy

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I don't have CP myself but know some people who do. It seems to be the easiest disability to recognize in public because whenever I see someone wiht joints locked in a weird position that is the first thing I think about. How does CP affect you?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, I have cp I can walk, but only around the house or otherwise where I can sit down pretty quickly. I use a wheelchair in most public places; I also have poor eyesight and take medication for seizures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I have CP. I can walk, but only around the house or otherwise where I can sit down pretty quickly. I use a wheelchair in most public places; I also have poor eyesight and take medication for seizures.

So it mostly affects your legs and feet, or least one of them?

What kind of seizures do you get? I get focal seizures and have to take three medications for them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad to see people on here who have the same disability as I do.

It does help to chat with people with the same problems you have. That is why CF has separate sections for people with different types of illnesses and disabilities.

Of course, it would be better if nobody had cerebral palsy or epilepsy.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So it mostly affects your legs and feet, or least one of them?

What kind of seizures do you get? I get focal seizures and have to take three medications for them.
yes, especially my left. I get seizures where I just stare into space I can hear you, but cannot give any reply They sometimes come with pretty bad headaches, as well My hands are better, but I still do not have good fine motor skills which means that things like tying and buttoning are very hard and when I must handwrite something ( which is very rare) I have to work very hard on size control of my letters as usually they end up huge because I am focusing on making sure the letters are actually right and readable.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I get seizures where I just stare into space I can hear you, but cannot give any reply. They sometimes come with pretty bad headaches, as well.

This is called a petit mal seizure.
My hands are better, but I still do not have good fine motor skills which means that things like tying and buttoning are very hard and when I must handwrite something (which is very rare) I have to work very hard on size control of my letters as usually they end up huge because I am focusing on making sure the letters are actuallyright and readable.

My fine motor skills are not good enough either. I can never write small and often my handwriting is hard to read because it is so messy. Tying shoes is not easy for me either, so often my mom ties them.

Upvote 0