Census 2021 reveals less than half of those in England and Wales identify as Christian, down from almost 60% ten years ago.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,617.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Spain was literally invaded by an Islamic army.
I believe there was a raid conducted by Muslims from Morocco, they met feeble military or political opposition and ended up taking the whole country. Spaniards were divided politically and religously divided between different claimants to the throne, Catholic Spanish, Arian Vandals and an oppressed Jewish minority.

There is no such army at the gates of Britain.
Some would say they're within the gates already and many of those crossing the channel are Muslim males 20-30.
Islam is a peaceful religion- just ask Salman Rushdie when he comes out of hiding. Kind Regards :)

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I believe there was a raid conducted by Muslims from Morocco, they met feeble military or political opposition and ended up taking the whole country. Spaniards were divided politically and religously divided between different claimants to the throne, Catholic Spanish, Arian Vandals and an oppressed Jewish minority.
It was still an invading army that conquered Iberia. Right after they conquered all of North Africa.
Some would say they're within the gates already and many of those crossing the channel are Muslim males 20-30.
Islam is a peaceful religion- just ask Salman Rushdie when he comes out of hiding. Kind Regards :)
That's not an army.

• Friendly
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟252,899.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Muslim Spain was termed Al-Andalus, from which the southern area of Andalusia gets it's name. And quite a few towns have the suffix 'de la Frontera', such as Jerez de la Frontera (known for its sherry - from Jerez) because they were on the border between Muslim and Christian Spain.

It's a gorgeous part of the world.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟47,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not an army.
An army is only a factor where someone wants to make a change by force. One isn't needed when it's made through free will. Britain could become a Muslim country without a single invading soldier setting foot on English soil.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟252,899.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It certainly is. Sicily and Andalucia, perhaps my favourite places in (continental) Europe :)
And relatively easy access for you (coupled with some very cheap air fares). Bit more of a hike from down here I'm afraid or I'd be there every few months.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,617.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And relatively easy access for you (coupled with some very cheap air fares). Bit more of a hike from down here I'm afraid or I'd be there every few months.
Yes, I see what you mean! The only obstacle for us is that Scotland doesn't fly direct to either of these places, it's changing flight once or twice somewhere in Europe or getting to London Gatwick. Perhaps as the world moves towards a new normal air travel will bounce back again too, lots of direct air fares to more unusual locations. Kind Regards :)

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟252,899.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I see what you mean! The only obstacle for us is that Scotland doesn't fly direct to either of these places, it's changing flight once or twice somewhere in Europe or getting to London Gatwick. Perhaps as the world moves towards a new normal air travel will bounce back again too, lots of direct air fares to more unusual locations. Kind Regards :)
Ah, from the frozen north, eh? I'm from South Wales originally and was back 'home' for family reasons in August. So we took advantage of cheap flights out of Cardiff to get down to Spain for a while.

• Friendly
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟161,193.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Given the dreadful publicity and hostile public reaction to the racial prejudice displayed by one of the late Queen's Ladies in Waiting I would say the disestablishment of the Church of England is a step closer. King Charles has never been all that popular anyway; now his position as Head of the Established Church (see Henry VIII) has become even less relevant.

Bishops sitting in Parliament (alongside the hereditary lords)? No, thanks!

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,617.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Given the dreadful publicity and hostile public reaction to the racial prejudice displayed by one of the late Queen's Ladies in Waiting I would say the disestablishment of the Church of England is a step closer.
Perhaps there was more to that news story than first meets the eye. Kind Regards :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟161,193.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps there was more to that news story than first meets the eye. Kind Regards :)
I doubt it. It is no surprise that antediluvian views are held by some courtiers. Their influence on public affairs is minimal. Lady Hussey was crass and upset people. She has been eased out of her last remaining duties. She has made her public apology. No more will be heard of her.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟252,899.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The reported conversation:

Lady SH: Where are you from?
Me: Sistah Space.
SH: No, where do you come from?
Me: We're based in Hackney.
SH: No, what part of Africa are you from?
Me: I don't know, they didn't leave any records.
SH: Well, you must know where you're from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?
Me: Here, the UK.
SH: No, but what nationality are you?
Me: I am born here and am British.
SH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?
Me: 'My people', lady, what is this?
SH: Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you're from. When did you first come here?
Me: Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50s when...
SH: Oh, I knew we'd get there in the end, you're Caribbean!
Me: No lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.

Could be a comedy sketch...

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,617.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Could be a comedy sketch...
Quite often there are two sides to every story. An elderly aristocrat (83) came face to face with a black lady wearing African Tribal dress who had a strong, unfamiliar accent, the black lady happened to be a Black Lives Matter activist with a sound recorder concealed on her person. Kind Regards :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
An army is only a factor where someone wants to make a change by force. One isn't needed when it's made through free will. Britain could become a Muslim country without a single invading soldier setting foot on English soil.

An what's the big deal?

And when you say "Muslim country" do you mean that the largest religious group will be Muslims? that Muslims will be a overall majority of the people? that the official religion will become Islam and the king will have to be a Muslim?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟252,899.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Quite often there are two sides to every story. An elderly aristocrat (83) came face to face with a black lady wearing African Tribal dress who had a strong, unfamiliar accent, the black lady happened to be a Black Lives Matter activist with a sound recorder concealed on her person. Kind Regards :)
Whut? Where does the BLM come from? She's a charity worker from Hackney. I used to live not far from there, and her accent isn't strong and unfamiliar. It's east London (she's interviewed here: Ngozi Fulani: Lady Susan Hussey's race comments were abuse, says charity boss) and the conversation wasn't recorded, it was from memory.

Look, I'd put it down as a bad case of generational and unintentional racism. The sort my grandmother might have been guilty of. But my gran wasn't in a position to meet and greet people at official Royal functions. So...she has resigned and has been put out to pasture. End of story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,617.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whut? Where does the BLM come from? She's a charity worker from Hackney.
Hello! It was on the news this evening, an affiliation with BLM. They sometimes have an extreme repute.

I used to live not far from there, and her accent isn't strong and unfamiliar.
I heard the black lady being interviewed on the lunchtime news, her accent was rather strong and not similar to the cockney accent the old lady and others may have been more familiar with of London back in the day.

Look, I'd put it down as a bad case of generational and unintentional racism.
She's 83, she's living in a society that has changed hugely over her lifetime. When the old lady was in her youth there wouldn't have been too many, if any people in African Tribal dress in London.

I would never in a million years use the language the old lady used, but the situation all looks a bit too contrived for my liking.

Kind Regards :)

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟161,193.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nothing of the sort appears in the UK press to my knowledge. There is absolutely no suggestion here that she was any kind of 'activist' other than being a charity founder and worker. She remembered the short conversation. Her report is entirely accepted by the King. She has apologised and withdrawn from her honorary duties at the palace.

These suggestions are the fevered imagination of gossip-mongers. Don't pay them any attention.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟47,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An what's the big deal?

And when you say "Muslim country" do you mean that the largest religious group will be Muslims? that Muslims will be a overall majority of the people? that the official religion will become Islam and the king will have to be a Muslim?
Well, if you believe Jesus Christ when He said "I am the way, the truth, and the light: no one come to the Father except by Me," then it means a great deal. If you believe religion is of no consequence it may not be.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, if you believe Jesus Christ when He said "I am the way, the truth, and the light: no one come to the Father except by Me," then it means a great deal. If you believe religion is of no consequence it may not be.

I am confused as to how the nature of government or the religion of your neighbors impact your "salvation". Certainly in early Christian times they were not dominant in either.

Upvote 0