Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Just found these great songs while doing Statistics homework. I really appreciate when metal has a lot of musicality to it; just power without the musicality (such as Rage Against the Machine) is fine for background, but something like this is something great to listen to several times & keep hearing new things, along with amazement of the talent to play the different parts, not to mention whoever thought to write it all:

May we always find God in the beauty of Creation!

Reactions: Sketcher

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,443.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
This is perhaps making the discussion a little broader than the OP, but while I like the idea of folk metal I've struggled to find too many bands that really work for me, for two main reasons. One is that a lot make use of harsh vocals, and I'm just not a fan of them (except in occasional small doses for effect). The other is that when they get it right, it sounds awesome, but not everyone can get it right consistently, and when they don't the songs can come off sounding very ordinary.

Having said that, here is some folk metal that I do like.

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Joik metal, takes inspiration from the traditional Sámi music (the Arctic Sámi are the only indigenous people within the European Union). I'm a fan of joik myself.

For example, Intrigue a Northern Sámi band from Norway:

Finnish Shaman/Korpiklaani, with joik & traditional Finnish humppa:

Upvote 0