• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Celebrities are the antichrist, a new idolatry.

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by hennaz222, Jul 26, 2021.

1. hennaz222

hennaz222 New Member

+4
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Societies focus open celebrities is unchristian especially since most of them are militantly anti christian. Celebrities are attacking our faith, through the worldwide music industry, film industry and even notable authors. It is not judgemental to call celebrities out as antichrists as many are very anti christian this is a fact not a judgment. The bible warned us to be aware of wickedness in high places and the story of an eye of a needle.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,817
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    Okay buddy.

3. Rigatoni

Rigatoni Redeemed Resident Italian Supporter

+5,967
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Not all of them.

4. pescador

pescador Newbie Supporter

+3,919
    Christian
    Married
    And the source of this information is..? BTW, is this why you joined Christian forums, to warn us about celebrities?

5. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+2,206
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Good grief!

They are coming out of the woodwork on every forum.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Anti-Democratic Monarchist

+2,874
    New Zealand
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    The celebrities are elites, enmeshed in a culture which has abandoned restraint and glorifies in excess and overdramatic pandering to whatever the fashionable cause of the time is.

Some might be Antichrist, in the sense they want to break down the older order and glorify degeneracy and irreligion, but I'm willing to bet a majority are just living according to an elite lifestyle. That has it's cultural taboos and internal policing as much as the lower classes used to.

If anything, Christians should be trying to encourage the elites to become Christian so that they might have an influence on regular people.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. shineyourlight

shineyourlight Well-Known Member

+1,078
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Uh, what did I walk into?

8. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+5,872
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Celebrities aren't really the prophet of the beast, they're more of the commercial function, so the woman riding the beast that devours the earth and tramples what's left under it's feet -- you know, figuratively speaking since a literal beast like that would probably eat everyone - and then have mutant babies that would hunt the rest of us down.

The bible warned us about grumblers and fault finders so, it's good to focus on the positive.

So in honor of the matrix, there is no needle, that's how you fit.

9. Tiberius Lee

Tiberius Lee Well-Known Member

+2,136
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married

What did I do .. I don’t think I attacked your faith at all! why are you calling me "wickedness in high places"!!!

10. Rigatoni

Rigatoni Redeemed Resident Italian Supporter

+5,967
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Still somewhat suspicious of the beaver, but glad to see he changed his beaver ways. ^-^

11. Woollybear

Woollybear New Member

+24
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I don't even know how to address this except to say you are wrong on all counts.

12. Thomas White

Thomas White Well-Known Member

+587
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    Every day, I become more and more convinced that the wickedness the Bible warns about is actually the people claiming to be Believers but calling everyone else wicked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Thomas White

Thomas White Well-Known Member

+587
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    A virtual dystopia?

14. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+19,562
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Not sure. I'm trying to figure out if this is an anti-Trump rant or an anti-liberal-celebrity-pro-Trump rant.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+5,153
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    I'm assuming that celebrities are representative of the greater population, and if so that means a decent majority of them are Christian. Many of them are even quite open about their faith.

16. Woollybear

Woollybear New Member

+24
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Over all I find this a strange way to view others. To be so.....so...black and white when it comes to humans. Saying "all these people over here are bad and sinners". Just because they happen to be standing over there. Not doing anything. Just being "over there" makes them bad sinners. Do you get what I mean?

17. Joy

Joy Well-Known Member Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,778
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
  18. Ligurian

Ligurian Matthew 24:14 Disciple

+167
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    Agreed... and it's not just America.
    Europe is being multiculturalized... religion is the bedrock of culture.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/christianity_is_under_siege_in_america.html

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Psalms 2:1 Wherefore did the heathen rage, and the nations imagine vain things? 2 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers gathered themselves together, against the Lord, and against His Christ; 3 saying, Let us break through their bonds, and cast away their yoke from us. 4 He that dwells in the heavens shall laugh them to scorn, and the Lord shall mock them. 5 Then shall He speak to them in His anger, and trouble them in His fury.LXX

John 16:2 They shall put you out of the assembly: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. 3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor Me. 33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

19. Ligurian

Ligurian Matthew 24:14 Disciple

+167
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    Matthew 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God.

Matthew 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Revelation 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Revelation 18:9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning, 10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come. ... 23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. 24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under wings, and ye would not!

20. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+15,090
    Christian
    Married
    Uncovering the buried ruins of Pompeii revealed wall drawings and mosaics on the streets and in the bedrooms of homes that demonstrated a healthy business of promoting celebrities of theater and sports as virtual demi-gods. In other words, it's nothing new.