just this side of Heaven
✟44,831.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My daughter was confirmed this morning in the LC-MS. She took part in her first Sacrament of the Altar with her grandfather in attendance, which made it that much more special. We are all much relieved and blessed.

Thank you, everyone here for bearing with my frustration at the delays and especially DaRev who properly instructed her and brought her to correct, Scriptural understanding that she otherwise might not have known for several years. Mostly, thank you, Jesus!
:clap:

Last edited:

Kyle_2

Nov 23, 2008
Upstate New York
✟16,245.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Congratulations on her confirmation! I was confirmed about three years ago, and still remember it vividly. I wish I had approached the classes leading up to confirmation in a more serious manner, I don't think I brought as much as I could from them. It has been the years following confirmation that I really started to read the scriptures and get involved.

Upvote 0

porterross

I miss Ronald Reagan
Jan 27, 2006
just this side of Heaven
✟44,831.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Congratulations on her confirmation! I was confirmed about three years ago, and still remember it vividly. I wish I had approached the classes leading up to confirmation in a more serious manner, I don't think I brought as much as I could from them. It has been the years following confirmation that I really started to read the scriptures and get involved.

Thank you, Kyle. You're not alone in your approach to your catechism. I remember my own deplorable and immature attitude toward my instruction, but I am so very grateful my parents made me follow-through. Thankfully, God is more patient with us than we deserve. :pray:

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Isn't this the case with many?

My father who passed away at 83 and strongly came back to Christ in his 70s, was recalling fondly about his early instructions.

These stayed with him his whole life. :)

Thanks, :)
Ed

Upvote 0

DaRev

Apr 18, 2006
✟19,002.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
My daughter was confirmed this morning in the LC-MS. She took part in her first Sacrament of the Altar with her grandfather in attendance, which made it that much more special. We are all much relieved and blessed.

Thank you, everyone here for bearing with my frustration at the delays and especially DaRev who properly instructed her and brought her to correct, Scriptural understanding that she otherwise might not have known for several years. Mostly, thank you, Jesus! :clap:

:amen: :clap: She's still my girl!! :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seajoy

Senior Veteran
Jul 5, 2006
michigan
✟19,053.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yep! She was so ready that she showed no fear or nervousness about being the only one being confirmed. She drank from the common cup and was very mature about it all. She's so awesome. :)
That's wonderful. I thought too, that our two children grew up a bit at the point of confirmation. Brought me a few tears of joy both times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

porterross

I miss Ronald Reagan
Jan 27, 2006
just this side of Heaven
✟44,831.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thank you, everyone. She's very happy and I'm excited that there will be increased youth opportunities for her within the ELCE when we get to England and they are excited about our arrival. Now, she feels like she's part of the church community and her attitude is improving toward continued learning. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.