Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is like the best post I have read in this section! ^_^^_^^_^^_^

Thanx for the kind words!

You almost convince me to wear one (but for a whole other reason) ^_^

It’s no joke - see my last post above.
Masks thwart government surveillance overreach, which is VERY real.
If you don’t want your comings and going’s, associations and identity scrutinized, logged and documented by the government, wear the mask.
If you DO want government documenting your personal business this way, then by all means go Maskless...

Watch, they will be outlawed in public shortly after people catch on lol!

Pre-Covid, many places already had laws against covering your face in public, but they’re going to have a tough time putting that genie back in the bottle.

Quote from the DHS memo in the last link in my post above:

“We assess face recognition systems used to support security operations in public spaces will be less effective while widespread public use of facemasks, including partial and full face covering, is practiced by the public to limit the spread of Covid-19.” Even after mandatory mask orders are lifted, the bulletin frets, the newly epidemiologically aware American public is likely to keep wearing them, which would “continue to impact the effectiveness of face recognition systems.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanx for the kind words!

it’s no joke - see my last post above.
Masks thwart government surveillance overreach, which is VERY real.

Pre-Covid, many places already had laws against covering your face in public, but they’re going to have a tough time putting that genie back in the bottle.

Quote from the DHS memo in the last link in my post above:

“We assess face recognition systems used to support security operations in public spaces will be less effective while widespread public use of facemasks, including partial and full face covering, is practiced by the public to limit the spread of Covid-19.” Even after mandatory mask orders are lifted, the bulletin frets, the newly epidemiologically aware American public is likely to keep wearing them, which would “continue to impact the effectiveness of face recognition systems.

I'm pro mask now until the day of my death ^_^

iu

What we might have thought was bondage was really our liberation^_^

I'm just playing, I never laughed so hard at a post and loved it at the same time, thank you so much!

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh i'll mask up in public from here on out, covid or no covid.

Too many Government Facial ID cameras everywhere tracking our movements and associations for me to ditch the mask.
It's nobody's business (especially government) to know who I am, where I'm going, what I'm doing and who i'm associating with.
Masks are a freedom catalyst for society.
No way am I going to give up my god Given freedom to remain anonymous that the Masks enable me to exercise.

Masks = Anonymity = Freedom.
Government facial ID is absolutely true. My wife and I just returned from vacation in Mexico and the U.S. customs agent didn’t even ask for our passports and immediately addressed us as Mr. and Mrs. ____. I’m not sure whether covering your nose and mouth will be enough to fool the system though. But this topic is for another thread.

• Informative
Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m not sure whether covering your nose and mouth will be enough to fool the system though.

It's already having an adverse effect, stunting the ability of the technology to render a positive ID... of course you can bet dollars to donuts they are feverishly honing the AI tech to work up a getaround.
Sunglasses will help thwart that tho...

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
It's already having an adverse effect, stunting the ability of the technology to render a positive ID... of course you can bet dollars to donuts they are feverishly honing the AI tech to work up a getaround.
Sunglasses will help thwart that tho...
Actually if anything it is actually going to have the opposite effect in that people further developing the software are going to more focus on parts that aren't covered on the face which will make it even easier to render someone's identity when they don't have a complete face which will make it harder to hide your face and not be identified.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually if anything it is actually going to have the opposite effect in that people further developing the software are going to more focus on parts that aren't covered on the face which will make it even easier to render someone's identity when they don't have a complete face which will make it harder to hide your face and not be identified.
209464_ts.jpg

NOLI_071020_1146_900x.jpg

$25 on Amazon.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0