✟66,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I did not see this one coming.

Confession: I didn't watch Roseanne in it's original incarnation and tried very hard to avoid it in the current (well, recent I guess) one.

No reason, just not interested.

I understand it was REALLY popular and was already greenlighted for a second season.

Except not anymore.

ABC Cancels Roseanne’s Show Over Her ‘Repugnant’ Racist Tirade

This surprises me honestly because it's not even the first time Ms. Barr has compared an Obama administration member to an ape. Or used an Islamic slur.

I just thought ABC thought any pub was good pub.

Anyway. Roseanne reboot we hardly new ye.

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I did not see this one coming.

Confession: I didn't watch Roseanne in it's original incarnation and tried very hard to avoid it in the current (well, recent I guess) one.

No reason, just not interested.

I understand it was REALLY popular and was already greenlighted for a second season.

Except not anymore.

ABC Cancels Roseanne’s Show Over Her ‘Repugnant’ Racist Tirade

This surprises me honestly because it's not even the first time Ms. Barr has compared an Obama administration member to an ape. Or used an Islamic slur.

I just thought ABC thought any pub was good pub.

Anyway. Roseanne reboot we hardly new ye.
Obviously, you didn't watch, cuz your title was "CBS has had it with Roseanne". At any rate the Mousehouse didn't like her to be TOO outspoken, I guess. They did the same with Tim Allen, too, didn't they?
Funny thing is, they will both find another venue. I believe Tim Allen already has. People that wants to watch will find it.
Personally, I don't have any time for network shows, with one or two exceptions.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
51a4eea8334c3434d5e845f9b788c1f3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Umm... Not to disagree, but it's ABC, pulling the plug, not CBS (the thread title)
As I stated above - I didn't watch the show so CBS, ABC, NBC, STP, TCP, XYZ

It's the the same to me. Sorry

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
[Staff edit].

Planet of the Apes was a pretty popular series of movies, didn't see anything racial about it. In fact the characters were pretty intelligently written. And as for Islamic Brotherhood, maybe she meant Nation of Islam. I don't know. I thought it was a witty comment. Edgy. No worse than anything Bill Maher might say, or any of the late-night crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟66,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Planet of the Apes was a pretty popular series of movies, didn't see anything racial about it. In fact the characters were pretty intelligently written. And as for Islamic Brotherhood, maybe she meant Nation of Islam. I don't know. I thought it was a witty comment. Edgy. No worse than anything Bill Maher might say, or any of the late-night crowd.

Bill Maher, who was on a broadcast network at the time, was tossed for way less then this and I don't think any late night talk show host has gotten anywhere near this kind of reckless hatred.

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Bill Maher, who was on a broadcast network at the time, was tossed for way less then this and I don't think any late night talk show host has gotten anywhere near this kind of reckless hatred.

Usually you need to go to cable or youtube channels for this sort of thing. Or radio. Radio can go like this too.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The left-wing commentators on television were all saying firing Colin Kaepernick was a violation of his 1st amendment rights. But they have a different standard for Rosanne because she supports President Trump.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟66,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Left said firing Colin Kaepernick was a violation of his 1st amendment rights.

But they have a different standard for Rosanne because she supports President Trump.

I'm a left-o and I never said firing Colin was a violation of this 1st amendment rights.

I said it was a violation of the NFL/Player union contract (which I still believe it is). Anyone who says it's a violation of his 1st Amendment rights is not really understanding this issue.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm a left-o and I never said firing Colin was a violation of this 1st amendment rights.

I said it was a violation of the NFL/Player union contract (which I still believe it is). Anyone who says it's a violation of his 1st Amendment rights is not really understanding this issue.
I didn't say that every person on the Left said it.

I meant the left-wing commentators on television were all saying it.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟66,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say that every person on the Left said it.

I meant the left-wing commentators on television were all saying it.

Most of the ones I've been listening to on liberal talk radio (yes there is such a thing) are saying it's a violation of the contract but, whatever.

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Most of the ones I've been listening to on liberal talk radio (yes there is such a thing) are saying it's a violation of the contract but, whatever.

There's actually left-wing talk radio? That's actually somewhat of a surprise to me.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic

This is another dodge the issue argument. People support Roseanne being fired based on the content of her speech, not simply because the company has the right to cancel her show. You do not see this with NFL ban supporters, they go out of their way to avoid discussion of the content of the protest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I actually think the right overreacted to Kaepernick just as I think the left is overreacting to Rosanne.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟66,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There's actually left-wing talk radio? That's actually somewhat of a surprise to me.

Ya gotta know where to find it.

Search KTNF, go to the live steam and tell them you're from Minnesota, even if you're not.

Listen to Thom Hartmann and Norman Goldman for a few days. They'll talk about the websites and podcasts you can get. Also you could watch FreeSpeechTV on the internet.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is another dodge the issue argument. People support Roseanne being fired based on the content of her speech, not simply because the company has the right to cancel her show. You do not see this with NFL ban supporters, they go out of their way to avoid discussion of the content of the protest.
Actually, most of them I've met are more than upfront about being opposed to prejudice...especially the kind that leads some people to accuse white police officers of racism nearly every time they have a confrontation with a black person. I'm not sure what that has to do with Rosanne though.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟66,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Actually, most of them I've met are more than upfront about being opposed to prejudice...especially the kind that leads some people to accuse white police officers of racism nearly every time they have a confrontation with a black person. I'm not sure what that has to do with Rosanne though.

I don't think police officers are necessarily racist [staff edit]. I just think they're scared of black people. Which is why they shoot first and don't actually bother asking questions.

Upvote 0