• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

CBD is not the same as marijuana

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I've found CBD to be very helpful for my depression/anxiety, but it's frustrating that I can't persuade others that it works. Why do so many people dismiss the possibility of using CBD? I suspect that these people are familiar with marijuana and assume that CBD is present in marijuana and therefore they know all about it already. No, marijuana has been bred to have lots of THC and very little CBD. Therefore the effects of marijuana are nothing like the effects of CBD.

Don't dismiss CBD for depression/anxiety simply because you know about marijuana. (Sorry I'm just frustrated with this issue right now.)

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've found CBD to be very helpful for my depression/anxiety, but it's frustrating that I can't persuade others that it works. Why do so many people dismiss the possibility of using CBD? I suspect that these people are familiar with marijuana and assume that CBD is present in marijuana and therefore they know all about it already. No, marijuana has been bred to have lots of THC and very little CBD. Therefore the effects of marijuana are nothing like the effects of CBD.

Don't dismiss CBD for depression/anxiety simply because you know about marijuana. (Sorry I'm just frustrated with this issue right now.)
True, it is not marijuana and those that think it is or say it is simply have no clue. The amount of THC that is in the hemp from which the CBD is derived, is so low that one would die... MANY times over... from smoke inhalation before they got high. The focus is on the the CBD that does indeed help with depression and especially seizures.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think they extract the CBD, because there's always THC in weed too.
I actually believe there is some THC in the CBD oil as well.
My sister has some for her anxieties, and as a former weed addict, i have tried it 2 or 3 times in a cigarette, and i did get a little high...
Perhaps depends on how it's made / extracted.

• Informative
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I don't suffer much from depression, a little but not much but what I did notice about CBD oil is how much it helps when I have an allergic reaction that causes swelling in the throat, tongue, and vocal cords....amazing how fast it works too...and no side affects or fear of addiction.

Upvote 0