Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know you probably didn't not agree with me, so give me a verse of scripture that contradicts what I believe and we can discuss it.

I donT want to debate. Please just answer —-is believing the Gospel of Paul.....the death burial and resurrection of Jesus.....will that alone save me

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I donT want to debate. Please just answer —-is believing the Gospel of Paul.....the death burial and resurrection of Jesus.....will that alone save me

Do the demons believe Jesus died and rose again? You MUST compare scripture to scripture. It will not contradict itself if you put the whole in perspective.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

If you want to be in full assurance of your salvation, stop looking for teachers that will just tell you what you want to hear. That means you have itching ears. It is also the wide road. Re-read the New Testament and write down every warning. It is full of them.

I remember you "agreeing" to someone on here who said we do not sin in the spirit, but will in the body and soul. THAT my friend is what the Nicolaitans taught! God hates that sin.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I must have missed that post where you answered “no”....sorry thank you for your honesty.....not trying to badger you , but Paul said if you added to his Gospel
,you were perverting it ,he said to those who actually preached this perverted Gospel thAt they were damned...who were these people .?who are these people according to your studies and your conversations with God?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I must have missed that post where you answered “no”....sorry thank you for your honesty.....not trying to badger you , but Paul said if you added to his Gospel
,you were perverting it ,he said to those who actually preached this perverted Gospel thAt they were damned...who were these people .?who are these people according to your studies and your conversations with God?

Paul was fighting against the Judaizers that were teaching you MUST be circumcsized and follow the Mosaic laws to be saved. THAT is what he meant by adding to the gospel.What you believe to be the gospel is a license to sin.

Again, look at all the warnings, especially in Galatians, the church most hounded by Judaizers.

I'm sorry you don't want to continue with me. But I hope you WILL at least re-read the New Testament and take heed. You say you don't have a desire to sin, so teach the truth to those who still sin. The candy coated gospel is a disgrace, not grace. True Grace is the Spirit of Grace - the Holy Spirit who gives us POWER. I can understand if you lied about not having a desire to sin. That must be terrifying. But just seek God with all your heart and He will give you the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I watched, and listened. ...sounds like you have great conviction of faith and acceptance of God's saving grace. God bless.

How does the grace of God manifest in your life? What is "the gospel."

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul was fighting against the Judaizers that were teaching you MUST be circumcsized and follow the Mosaic laws to be saved. THAT is what he meant by adding to the gospel.What you believe to be the gospel is a license to sin.

Again, look at all the warnings, especially in Galatians, the church most hounded by Judaizers.

I'm sorry you don't want to continue with me. But I hope you WILL at least re-read the New Testament and take heed. You say you don't have a desire to sin, so teach the truth to those who still sin. The candy coated gospel is a disgrace, not grace. True Grace is the Spirit of Grace - the Holy Spirit who gives us POWER. I can understand if you lied about not having a desire to sin. That must be terrifying. But just seek God with all your heart and He will give you the gift of the Holy Spirit.

I am not looking for a license to sin....since I became a Believer , the Holy Spirit in me causes me to hate sin....the “slightest” sins make me sick so let’s dispense of that old canard at the outset.God’s. God’s ommandments are for my own good....why would I desire to break them?
Circumcision was. Certainly the issue in Paul’s day that the Judaizers said had to be added to the Gospel in order to be saved . Do you think we still have Judaizers today that add to the Gospel or can we add to it as long as it does not specificly involve circumcision.many say Jesus Saves BUT We have to speak in tongues or Jesus Saves But we have to keep the commandments.what are your thoughts?

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so give me a verse of scripture that contradicts what I believe and we can discuss it.
John 3:16, Romans 10:9-13, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 16:31, Romans 1:16, John 3:36, Acts 8:26-40, 1 Corinthians 1:21, Galatians 2:16, Titus 3:5-8

If you look at Acts 2:38 you will see that they were to be baptized because there sins were remitted. Not repent and be baptized to get remission of sins. If baptism was absolutely necessary to have your sins remitted, Paul was greatly mistaken, because he told the Corinthians that Christ did not send him to baptize.
I remember you "agreeing" to someone on here who said we do not sin in the spirit, but will in the body and soul. THAT my friend is what the Nicolaitans taught! God hates that sin.
Where did you find that out? Nicolaitan comes from two Greek words nico - victory and
laity - people.

If you really think you don't sin, you should really take a closer look at your life. You are probably making excuses for sins you commit and saying it wasn't really a sin.
As long as we wear these suits of flesh, we will have sin.
After Peter gave his sermon in Acts 2 and saw lame people get up and walk he committed a sin that Paul had to rebuke him for in Galatians 2:11-14.
And Barnabas, who was a believer, was caught up in Peter's hypocrisy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Who said I did not want to continue? I stay up very very late. My keyboard on my iPad is shot.....takes long time to answer sometimes.....imagine writing hundreds of words and then they all disappear for no reason. Then I have to start all over.very frustrating.....will some kind soul start one of those “ fund me” things so I can get a new iPad ? Lol......perhaps we can continue later. God bless

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Only one time out of these verses you cite does anything come close to repenting of sin.
It is where Jesus tells them to repent and do the first works.
They had left there first love, they now needed to change there mind and start loving God because He loved them first.

We cannot change our bad habits. We must let Christ in us do that. Philippians 1:6
If you try to do it, you will be unsuccessful. You may have good results for a little while, but it won't last long.
Repent and stop depending on yourself. Depend solely on God for everything.
We walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7
As you have received Him, so walk in Him. Colossians 2:6
You received Him by grace through faith, don't start depending on your own ability to do good works.
And when, not if, when you fail remember God is still with you.
He is ecstatic over you, He rejoices over you with singing, even after you sin.
It isn't because you are so good or you are better than anyone else, it is because that is who God is.
Check out Zephaniah 3:17. And then the next time you fail, look at that verse again and I guarantee it will still say He is rejoicing over you.
Hmm. This is where all of that led Martin Luther:

http://www.projectwittenberg.org/pub/resources/text/wittenberg/luther/letsinsbe.txt

13. If you are a preacher of mercy, do not preach an imaginary but the true mercy. If the mercy is true, you must therefore bear the true, not an imaginary sin. God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world. We will commit sins while we are here, for this life is not a place where justice resides. We, however, says Peter (2. Peter 3:13) are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth where justice will reign. It suffices that through God's glory we have recognized the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world. No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day. Do you think such an exalted Lamb paid merely a small price with a meager sacrifice for our sins? Pray hard for you are quite a sinner.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
John 3:16, Romans 10:9-13, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 16:31, Romans 1:16, John 3:36, Acts 8:26-40, 1 Corinthians 1:21, Galatians 2:16, Titus 3:5-8

If you look at Acts 2:38 you will see that they were to be baptized because there sins were remitted. Not repent and be baptized to get remission of sins. If baptism was absolutely necessary to have your sins remitted, Paul was greatly mistaken, because he told the Corinthians that Christ did not send him to baptize.
Where did you find that out? Nicolaitan comes from two Greek words nico - victory and
laity - people.

If you really think you don't sin, you should really take a closer look at your life. You are probably making excuses for sins you commit and saying it wasn't really a sin.
As long as we wear these suits of flesh, we will have sin.
After Peter gave his sermon in Acts 2 and saw lame people get up and walk he committed a sin that Paul had to rebuke him for in Galatians 2:11-14.
And Barnabas, who was a believer, was caught up in Peter's hypocrisy.

laity - people is a modern scholar's mistake, as are many of the false doctrines on this thread.

The Nicolaitans was taught by Nicolas, one of the early Christians in Acts. He taught that Jesus only came in Spirit, and not in the flesh, and only sins of our spirit are wrong, but not sins of the flesh. In fact, we should sin in the flesh so grace could abound. Sound familiar. Both Paul in Romans 6:1 and John in 1 John 4:1-3 spoke against it. And someone on this thread was of the same notion that we do not sin in our spirit, but only in our body and soul. That notion is of the same evil spirit.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I am not looking for a license to sin....since I became a Believer , the Holy Spirit in me causes me to hate sin....the “slightest” sins make me sick so let’s dispense of that old canard at the outset.God’s. God’s ommandments are for my own good....why would I desire to break them?
Circumcision was. Certainly the issue in Paul’s day that the Judaizers said had to be added to the Gospel in order to be saved . Do you think we still have Judaizers today that add to the Gospel or can we add to it as long as it does not specificly involve circumcision.many say Jesus Saves BUT We have to speak in tongues or Jesus Saves But we have to keep the commandments.what are your thoughts?

Yes, I agree there are still Judaizers today. Even though I speak in tongues, as well as have many other gifts, including dreams and visions, in my book on tongues, I spoke against this notion that you must speak in tongues to be saved. That is not the "evidence" of having the Holy Spirit. Power over sin is the evidence, because as soon as He enters us, we are dead to sin. He is the reason we are no longer under the law to be righteousness. Him in us is enough. That is not to say that we can't sin. We still have free will and why it is an abomination after receiving the Spirit to quench Him and willfully sin. It is rebellion against the Spirit of Grace, and tramples on the blood of Jesus. It is so bad you can lose your salvation and "return to perdition." That is if you don't repent all over again.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Who said I did not want to continue? I stay up very very late. My keyboard on my iPad is shot.....takes long time to answer sometimes.....imagine writing hundreds of words and then they all disappear for no reason. Then I have to start all over.very frustrating.....will some kind soul start one of those “ fund me” things so I can get a new iPad ? Lol......perhaps we can continue later. God bless

I'm old school by today's standards. I have a keyboard and an actual mouse. I hate an iPad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hmm. This is where all of that led Martin Luther:

http://www.projectwittenberg.org/pub/resources/text/wittenberg/luther/letsinsbe.txt

13. If you are a preacher of mercy, do not preach an imaginary but the true mercy. If the mercy is true, you must therefore bear the true, not an imaginary sin. God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world. We will commit sins while we are here, for this life is not a place where justice resides. We, however, says Peter (2. Peter 3:13) are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth where justice will reign. It suffices that through God's glory we have recognized the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world. No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day. Do you think such an exalted Lamb paid merely a small price with a meager sacrifice for our sins? Pray hard for you are quite a sinner.

Head for the hills Ma Barker!!!! Peace is preaching that “licsense to sin “ stuff.! Let’s all go out and sin ‘til the cows come home. It just makes so much sense to sin , even though it will come back to haunt us, even though God will chastise us.who cares? Just because if we ignore His chastisement He might callus home early with a premature death....big deal ! Please. Law keepers will never understand. My young daughter many years ago was saved from a terrible bicycle wreck by a neighbor many years ago .i did not know the guy then....I do not know the guy now.He saved my daughter is all I know . Till this day my gratitude is such that he can do no wrong and I would do anything for him.That’s a lot like my attitude towards sin these days . Jesus did a lot more for me than rescue my daughter from a bike wreck....He saved me Fromm a Hell I deserve.."how much convincing do you think that would make me want to please Him? This makes me kinda like Paul....I don’t want to sin because I want to please Him that did so much for me—-in reality though I sometimes sin because I am in this weak sinful flesh.we’ll get perfection later , in the afterlife.. meanwhile God’s grace will cover us until then.we don’t have to deceive ourselves into believing we are above sin while we are in these vessels of clay. We all sin every hour of every day—-if not in deed at least in thought. A wise lady said once that “we all have secret thoughts that would shame Hell”
There ain’t nobody in these forum groups fooling anybody that they are different. Get over yourself , sinner.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm old school by today's standards. I have a keyboard and an actual mouse. I hate an iPad.[/QUOTE

You hate iPads ? Well, we got “that” in common! Haha. God bless you , century lady

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do the demons believe Jesus died and rose again? You MUST compare scripture to scripture. It will not contradict itself if you put the whole in perspective.

Demons can believe whatever they want.....they are already damned for putting their faith in Satan and not in God God islooking for faith...it takes faith for humans to believe Jesus rose from the dead....not so with demons

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I really liked the statement she made where she said, "If you were the only one on earth, He would die for you".
I believe this to be true. And if I was the only one on earth, it would have to be me who drove the nails.

Amen! When we can look upon him "whom we have pierced and mourn for him as for an only son" is part of the process of coming to the truth (within)...

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes, I agree there are still Judaizers today. Even though I speak in tongues, as well as have many other gifts, including dreams and visions, in my book on tongues, I spoke against this notion that you must speak in tongues to be saved. That is not the "evidence" of having the Holy Spirit. Power over sin is the evidence, because as soon as He enters us, we are dead to sin. He is the reason we are no longer under the law to be righteousness. Him in us is enough. That is not to say that we can't sin. We still have free will and why it is an abomination after receiving the Spirit to quench Him and willfully sin. It is rebellion against the Spirit of Grace, and tramples on the blood of Jesus. It is so bad you can lose your salvation and "return to perdition." That is if you don't repent all over again.

The question is, what is the "willful sin" spoken of in Scripture?

Upvote 0