Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You have no authority to tell another person what he should or should not accept as Scripture. The Church that Jesus founded while he walked the Earth does.

And what if I don’t like what is in the Book of James? Can I also throw that one into the stove, as Martin Luther desired to do?

What is to stop a person from doing so?

From what I've read, James wasn't the only book Luther didn't believe; there were 4 altogether, if I remember correctly.

One book that I believe should have been in the New Testament is the Epistle of Barnabas. It really completes the Bible, filling in holes. I love it and totally believe it is inspired, and written by the apostle, Barnabas.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
From what I've read, James wasn't the only book Luther didn't believe; there were 4 altogether, if I remember correctly.

One book that I believe should have been in the New Testament is the Epistle of Barnabas. It really completes the Bible, filling in holes. I love it and totally believe it is inspired, and written by the apostle, Barnabas.

I I agree with much of Luther’s writings.....but I sure do not agree with everything he said or did....kinda went off the deep end

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Nothing stopped what you apparently trust and wrongly call the church from throwing the Scripture out in favor of tradition. As such, apparently they convinced billions of going along with them, opposed to Jesus and attempting every day to prevent anyone from finding YHWH'S Kingdom.
YHWH does not want anyone to perish, but He won't prevent their perishing unless they (individually) have turned [or will turn] to Him like little children and trust and rely on HIM as He Says.
No. The Catholic Church accepts everything in Sacred Scripture.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yet YHWH decided NOT to include it.

It's BEST not to argue with YHWH.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I I agree with much of Luther’s writings.....but I sure do not agree with everything he said or did....kinda went off the deep end
He was just a messenger of YHWH, bringing LIGHT out of immense darkness -
i.e. he started 'dead', then came ALIVE ! and shared THE LIFE OF JESUS BY FAITH with many millions of others !
The "deep end" is sort of like LOT, in sodom and gomorrah - ALMOST driven crazy BY THE WICKEDNESS all around.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
i.e. he started 'dead', then came ALIVE ! and shared THE LIFE OF JESUS BY FAITH with many millions of others !
The "deep end" is sort of like LOT, in sodom and gomorrah - ALMOST driven crazy BY THE WICKEDNESS all around.

Messenger of God? You really believe that?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

No Luther scholar here , but he developed a real hatred for the Jews.....advocating they be burned up in there houses etc

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No Luther scholar here , but he developed a real hatred for the Jews.....advocating they be burned up in there houses etc
Right, possibly, yet so ? The greatest enemy of the Jews and Christians, part of baby lon in power for so many centuries, YHWH used M.L. to start exposing the corruption....

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From Wikipedia, Luther taught that salvation and, consequently, eternal life are not earned by good deeds but are received only as the free gift of God's grace through the believer's faith in Jesus Christ as redeemer from sin. His theology challenged the authority and office of the pope by teaching that the Bible is the only source of divinely revealed knowledge, and opposed sacerdotalism by considering all baptized Christians to be a holy priesthood. Luther insisted on Christian or Evangelical (German: evangelisch) as the only acceptable names for individuals who professed Christ.

His translation of the Bible into the German vernacular (instead of Latin) made it more accessible to the laity, an event that had a tremendous impact on both the church and German culture. It fostered the development of a standard version of the German language, added several principles to the art of translation, and influenced the writing of an English translation, the Tyndale Bible. His hymns influenced the development of singing in Protestant churches. His marriage to Katharina von Bora, a former nun, set a model for the practice of clerical marriage, allowing Protestant clergy to marry.

In two of his later works, Luther expressed antagonistic, violent views towards Jews and called for the burnings of their synagogues and their deaths. His rhetoric was not directed at Jews alone but also towards Roman Catholics, Anabaptists, and nontrinitarian Christians.

In view of these things, Martin Luther had profound impact on Protestant Christianity, and I think all his position originally established what is orthodox teaching in Christianity, as opposed to that in the Roman Catholic Church which was all else known of Christianity in that area in that time. His intolerance late in his life may be connected to tragedies he experienced, such as the death of his daughter in her childhood. It seemed to lead to obsession with death. He did error in this direction, yet in the setting we can identify him with humanity, just as David, however saintly we are we can seriously error tragically, because we are still human with the fallen nature remaining in this life.

Upvote 0