Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2 Maccabees. You have not read the Bible once, apparently.

I paid full price for my Bible! How come they left this out? That’s a JOKE! I don’t know much about this book.seriously, why was it not included?

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I thought that would be one of the books that are in the Catholic Bible but not in other Bibles.

Thank you my woeful wolverine brother...wonder why it was not included in the Bible I read so many times....anything interesting in that book?

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I paid full price for my Bible! How come they left this out? That’s a JOKE! I don’t know much about this book.seriously, why was it not included?
A better question is why doesn't your "Bible" contain this prophecy?

12 “Let us lie in wait for the righteous man,
because he is inconvenient to us and opposes our actions;
he reproaches us for sins against the law,
and accuses us of sins against our training.
13 He professes to have knowledge of God,
and calls himself a child of the Lord.
14 He became to us a reproof of our thoughts;
15 the very sight of him is a burden to us,
because his manner of life is unlike that of others,
and his ways are strange.
16 We are considered by him as something base,
and he avoids our ways as unclean;
he calls the last end of the righteous happy,
and boasts that God is his father.
17 Let us see if his words are true,
and let us test what will happen at the end of his life;
18 for if the righteous man is God’s son, he will help him,
and will deliver him from the hand of his adversaries.
19 Let us test him with insult and torture,
that we may find out how gentle he is,
and make trial of his forbearance.
20 Let us condemn him to a shameful death,
for, according to what he says, he will be protected.”

Error of the Wicked
21 Thus they reasoned, but they were led astray,
for their wickedness blinded them,
22 and they did not know the secret purposes of God,
nor hope for the wages of holiness,
nor discern the prize for blameless souls;
23 for God created man for incorruption,
and made him in the image of his own eternity,
24 but through the devil’s envy death entered the world,
and those who belong to his party experience it.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is that Bible available on line? I would like to read it[/QU

Never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer....can you put all of that in a nutshell please ..if you get the time

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 Maccabees. You have not read the Bible once.

I would be quite careful going to the apocrypha to find further truth. I see the reasons they are not accepted in the scriptures of the Bible, except by Catholics. There are ungodly things included in ethics that are shown in them, and passion to give life for legalism that is contrary to what we are to believe there should be from the new testament of the Bible. Yes, I have read these apocrypha, and have had a Catholic Bible for a long time. Trust what can be found in the Bible, as accepted by Protestants and others too, before looking at what can be learned from the apocrypha. 1 Maccabees is really enlightening for a period of time not shown in the sixty six books of the Bible, that was important history. 2 Maccabees as you would presumably know is not a continuation of that but gives an alternative account, with fanciful things included along with such of those uncalled for responses for the sake of legalism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I would be quite careful going to the apocrypha to find further truth. I see the reasons they are not accepted in the scriptures of the Bible, except by Catholics. There are ungodly things included in ethics that are shown in them, and passion to give life for legalism that is contrary to what we are to believe there should be from the new testament of the Bible. Yes, I have read these apocrypha, and have had a Catholic Bible for a long time. Trust what can be found in the Bible, as accepted by Protestants and others too, before looking at what can be learned from the apocrypha. 1 Maccabees is really enlightening for a period of time not shown in the sixty six books of the Bible, that was important history. 2 Maccabees as you would presumably know is not a continuation of that but gives an alternative account, with fanciful things included along with such of those uncalled for responses for the sake of legalism.
You have no authority to tell another person what he should or should not accept as Scripture. The Church that Jesus founded while he walked the Earth does.

And what if I don’t like what is in the Book of James? Can I also throw that one into the stove, as Martin Luther desired to do?

What is to stop a person from doing so?

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have no authority to tell another person what he should or should not accept as Scripture. The Church that Jesus founded while he walked the Earth does.

And what if I don’t like what is in the Book of James? Can I also throw that one into the stove, as Martin Luther desired to do?

What is to stop a person from doing so?

One should never throw Scripture in the stove! The proper way is to get a razor blade and carefully remove any verses that talk about miracles or any other things you disagree with—-that’s how Thomas Jefferson did it ! Boy, he’s gonna have some explaing to do! Lol. God bless

• Friendly
Reactions: PeaceB
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
PeaceB said:

If what I posted is looked at, it can be seen I was not telling others about doing so. I have reasons for seeing it this way. It is not godly to lie, for instance, so if a book has a godly being from heaven endorsing any lying, that book isn't right, and apocrypha may be rejected from inclusion as scripture inspired by Yahweh on that basis. It is not true that the Church being endorsed in that statement has that authority to have it included anyway, and I can challenge that position that this Church that is endorsed is what Jesus Christ founded, not withstanding their claim to that. I do know about this Church well.

Further, I don't endorse throwing writing of any sort to the stove.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
38 Then Judas assembled his army and went to the city of Adul′lam. As the seventh day was coming on, they purified themselves according to the custom, and they kept the sabbath there.

39 On the next day, as by that time it had become necessary, Judas and his men went to take up the bodies of the fallen and to bring them back to lie with their kinsmen in the sepulchres of their fathers. 40 Then under the tunic of every one of the dead they found sacred tokens of the idols of Jam′nia, which the law forbids the Jews to wear. And it became clear to all that this was why these men had fallen. 41 So they all blessed the ways of the Lord, the righteous Judge, who reveals the things that are hidden; 42 and they turned to prayer, beseeching that the sin which had been committed might be wholly blotted out. And the noble Judas exhorted the people to keep themselves free from sin, for they had seen with their own eyes what had happened because of the sin of those who had fallen. 43 He also took up a collection, man by man, to the amount of two thousand drachmas of silver, and sent it to Jerusalem to provide for a sin offering. In doing this he acted very well and honorably, taking account of the resurrection. 44 For if he were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would have been superfluous and foolish to pray for the dead. 45 But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Therefore he made atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin.

Is that Maccabees? I don't recognize it, but remember the idea of purgatory came from Maccabees, I think.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

I've read it and it is an historical book about the reign of Antiochus Epiphanes IV where he defiled the temple by sacrificing a pig on the alter around December 25 to Zeus, and the Maccabees had to cleanse the temple. It is also the story of where Hanukkah originated.

It is a hard book to read; very gruesome, but historically accurate. A book doesn't need to be inspired doctrinally to be of worth. But the books in the "Word of God" must be Spirit breathed. Maccabees wasn't considered to be anything but a history book so wasn't included in the Hebrew OT books. I'm not an authority on it by any means, but that is what I think.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've read it and it is an historical book about the reign of Antiochus Epiphanes IV where he defiled the temple by sacrificing a pig on the alter around December 25 to Zeus, and the Maccabees had to cleanse the temple. It is also the story of where Hanukkah originated.

It is a hard book to read; very gruesome, but historically accurate. A book doesn't need to be inspired doctrinally to be of worth. But the books in the "Word of God" must be Spirit breathed. Maccabees wasn't considered to be anything but a history book so wasn't included in the Hebrew OT books. I'm not an authority on it by any means, but that is what I think.

Thanks for the info century lady. Whew ! How would you like to be poor ol’ Antiochus on Judgement Day? Lol

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The Church that Jesus founded while he walked the Earth does.
Can I also throw that one into the stove, as Martin Luther desired to do? What is to stop a person from doing so?

Nothing stopped what you apparently trust and wrongly call the church from throwing the Scripture out in favor of tradition. As such, apparently they convinced billions of going along with them, opposed to Jesus and attempting every day to prevent anyone from finding YHWH'S Kingdom.
YHWH does not want anyone to perish, but He won't prevent their perishing unless they (individually) have turned [or will turn] to Him like little children and trust and rely on HIM as He Says.

• Agree
Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for the info century lady. Whew ! How would you like to be poor ol’ Antiochus on Judgement Day? Lol

Yikes! He is considered to be a shadow of the future Antichrist. And you know where he ends up...

Upvote 0