United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I saw this news article on CNN's website:

"Supreme Court rejects request from Catholic foster care non-profit that refused to certify married same-sex couples"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/30/politics/supreme-court-catholic-foster-care/index.html

And I just can't take it anymore, but there appears to be no course of action that will change it, what the heck is wrong with the USA. The country was founded on freedom of religion and separation of church and state.

Why again can't a church foster children and release them to church member parents as a right of religion. It seems like the state is too involved in church affairs.

So now if my beliefs are towards a certain religion and I can no longer take care of my children, I have no right to deliver them to a church member parents that will raise them the way I know is right?

Did I understand that correctly or am I getting something wrong?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dqhall

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

"Supreme Court rejects request from Catholic foster care non-profit that refused to certify married same-sex couples"

And I just can't take it anymore, but there appears to be no course of action that will change it, what the heck is wrong with the USA. The country was founded on freedom of religion and separation of church and state.

Why again can't a church foster children and release them to church member parents as a right of religion. It seems like the state is too involved in church affairs.

So now if my beliefs are towards a certain religion and I can no longer take care of my children, I have no right to deliver them to a church member parents that will raise them the way I know is right?
Satan rules this world. We just do the best we can.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

It's not against Catholics alone. It's a war on Christians having any involvement in state matters, and Foster care is a state issue because the state is who is removing these children from homes.

So now it is that they are against Christians fostering children i guess - I know there was something technical about this exact case, but overall, it's them trying to say Christians can't foster children.

It's only going to continue getting worse.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You got it very wrong. The RCC can still faliciate adoptions in accordance with their faith, anyone can.
But, because of 'Separation of Church and State' they cannot receive federal funding and refuse to adopt to same-sex couples, etc.
They have been working with the government's foster care system and receiving government funding.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not against Catholics alone. It's a war on Christians having any involvement in state matters, and Foster care is a state issue because the state is who is removing these children from homes.

So now it is that they are against Christians fostering children i guess - I know there was something technical about this exact case, but overall, it's them trying to say Christians can't foster children.

It's only going to continue getting worse.
That is not true at all.

• Agree
Reactions: arensb
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You got it very wrong. The RCC can still faliciate adoptions in accordance with their faith, anyone can.
But, because of 'Separation of Church and State' they cannot receive federal funding and refuse to adopt to same-sex couples, etc.
They have been working with the government's foster care system and receiving government funding.

Did I get it wrong? how is the Catholic church supposed to fund the foster care for a child alone? Only with donations from members? I don't think that would cover it. So I can't see how they will be allowed to participate in foster care.

Adoptions are also under state law. My Father had to go to court and only because he knew some of the judges was he able to adopt my niece from my disabled sister. We just talked about that very thing this morning. And he said that most people lose the adoption case, and he's an expert witness in law proceedings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did I get it wrong, how is the Catholic church supposed to fund the foster care for a child alone? Only with donations from members? I don't think that would cover it. So I can't see how they will be allowed to participate in foster care.

Adoptions are also under state law. My Father had to go to court and only because he knew some of the judges was he able to adopt my niece from my disabled sister. We just talked about that very thing this morning. And he said that most people lose the adoption case, and he's an expert witness in law proceedings.
If they Can't afford it (which I do not believe) then they are not able. Why would the Church take on something they cannot afford?
I.attend a fairly small church and we could fund a few children and if our leadership.got involved quite a few more.
I.have no idea why the state would consider a same.sex couple as being healthy for a child.

Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
  • Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If they Can't afford it (which I do not believe) then they are not able. Why would the Church take on something they cannot afford?
I.attend a fairly small church and we could fund a few children and if our leadership.got involved quite a few more.
I.have no idea why the state would consider a same.sex couple as being healthy for a child.

Well two things:

Our taxes go to support these children, so I contributed to same sex couples adopting over Catholic services ensuring a proper family with proper religion in my view. It's also a violation of my freedom of religion since it's also from my pocket book. Even though the taxes aren't my money really, I still labored to ensure the money is there for those children. This concept goes against Christianity in my view.

I also don't know why same sex is healthy for the child.

Reactions: rrguy
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So I can't see how they will be allowed to participate in foster care.
They can't participate in government funded foster care. The RCC used to have their own orphanages and facilitated adoptions all on their own.
B.C. was adopted about 48 yrs. ago, I was at his baptism. His parents had to sell their liquor store before the RCC would allow them to adopt.
Adoptions are also under state law.
Only the legal court proceedings. In private adoptions the court doesn't decide who can adopt a child.
My Father had to go to court and only because he knew some of the judges was he able to adopt my niece from my disabled sister.
I'd just be guessing as to why the state was involved in your father case.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They can participate in government funded foster care.

The news and ruling says that they can't. That's why I started the thread :) You should read the article also from the attorney, Hazelelponi posted the link a few of posts ago.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
what the heck is wrong with the USA.
It is spellbound and demonic. Whereas there was an age (pre 1960) when society's moral integrity was carefully guarded, through the gradual advances of immorality in television, the world has now been desensitised. Reality has likewise advanced it's horrors because the human has also permitted it as a result of desensitisation.

Because iniquity shall abound, the love of the many shall wax cold.

It is these days, not unusual for Christians to subject their mind to lewd thinking.. and to even boast about it! They will not flinch when they see fornication on tv, God is cussed, murder and torture.. all these things grieve The Holy Spirit, but do they choose to give Him a place of abode and the throne of their heart? No of course they reject him to gratify the flesh.

.. so you see, they who watch that lewdness are choosing to eat from the table of the demons, and this is what the world has become.

The churches have more than just that against them though, they are repeating Matthew 21:33-46. (Galatians 6:8).

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is this article :

https://www.thomasmoresociety.org/a...m-charities-care-forces-cessation-of-lawsuit/

I heard somewhere else that children which had been placed were being removed and that these actions actually put children at risk, but I'm not sure of the sourcing of that as in, I can't remember where I heard that.
From your article....

This stands as a stark lesson to the rest of the nation that legislators promising ‘religious protection’ in same sex marriage and civil union laws may not be able to deliver on those promises.”

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Because there isn't anyone saying that Christians can't adopt, even through the state.
This issue has nothing to do with Christians adopting.

I posted a possible response to that a moment ago. The state will take your hard work which causes you to pay taxes and support same sex couples adopting children against known Christian beliefs. So I would agree that it is an attack against Christianity and freedom of religion.

Does that make sense. Just my two cents I guess :)

Reactions: rrguy
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The news and ruling says that they can't. That's why I started the thread :) You should read the article also from the attorney, Hazelelponi posted the link a few of posts ago.
Sorry, I meant can't, I fixed it in my original post. This is the second time today I have not typed the contraction, I'm going to have to proof read everything.

Upvote 0