Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Love him or hate him, I think he's dropping some truth bombs here. A recent video from Michael Voris' and Church Militant's Vortex:

Not all Catholics are Roman/Latin ones.

We Melkites are in communion with the Pope, too, but we are not simply Roman Catholics who say mass funny.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,108.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

We Melkites are in communion with the Pope, too, but we are not simply Roman Catholics who say mass funny.

Roman Catholics dont say mass funny. Thats not a nice comment

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Roman Catholics dont say mass funny. Thats not a nice comment
That isn't what I said.

Where did I say, "Roman Catholics say mass funny"?

Please go back and re-read what I wrote.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Love him or hate him, I think he's dropping some truth bombs here. A recent video from Michael Voris' and Church Militant's Vortex:

In the past I thought of Michael Voris as a bit of a buffoon but you are right, he has been dropping truth bombs all over the place.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure but I think he meant the way Melkites say Mass would look "funny" to most Latin Catholics..?
You got it, Fenwick!

Furthermore, most Eastern Christians in communion with Rome have their own spirituality, devotional practices, and the like--except for those who were tricked into thinking that to Latinize was to be a "real" Catholic.

A mild example: There is nothing wrong with the Latin church's May devotions, but should these replace our own devotions to Our Lady in Lent and the 15 days in August?

• Agree
Reactions: Anhelyna
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,108.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That isn't what I said.

Where did I say, "Roman Catholics say mass funny"?

Please go back and re-read what I wrote.

Highlighted for you. It just looked like you were saying it against RC's. But, i see where you are coming from. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟573,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You got it, Fenwick!

Furthermore, most Eastern Christians in communion with Rome have their own spirituality, devotional practices, and the like--except for those who were tricked into thinking that to Latinize was to be a "real" Catholic.

A mild example: There is nothing wrong with the Latin church's May devotions, but should these replace our own devotions to Our Lady in Lent and the 15 days in August?
Do you still celebrate All Saint's day right after Pentecost? When I first heard of this, I thought what a beautiful liturgical practice helping to recognize the relationship between Saints and the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you still celebrate All Saint's day right after Pentecost? When I first heard of this, I thought what a beautiful liturgical practice helping to recognize the relationship between Saints and the Holy Spirit.
It's always been the Sunday after Pentecost for both Byzantine Catholics and Eastern Orthodox.

We didn't revise our liturgical calendar.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In the past I thought of Michael Voris as a bit of a buffoon but you are right, he has been dropping truth bombs all over the place.

Yeah he's brash, but I feel like ever since the whole McCarrick issue a year ago, Voris has kind of been proven right on a lot of things, and his commentary wasn't hyperbole.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Yeah he's brash, but I feel like ever since the whole McCarrick issue a year ago, Voris has kind of been proven right on a lot of things, and his commentary wasn't hyperbole.

Yeah 100%
I used to think he was ridiculous but he just keeps being proven right, he has been unrelenting when he has had so much pressure from bishops to lighten up, his style is a bit odd but so what? Style does not really matter

Upvote 0
As the side note, though Latin Rite, I am down with the East...

I am not sure how anyone could honestly call him buffon-like in that video. Intense sure, but if you look at the last 100 years, it is not in any way false. Americanism and modernism are not new heresies and both are clearly defined.

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah 100%
I used to think he was ridiculous but he just keeps being proven right, he has been unrelenting when he has had so much pressure from bishops to lighten up, his style is a bit odd but so what? Style does not really matter

It's interesting how since the McCarrick scandal I've progressively gone from seeing Voris as somewhat extreme and boorish, to a warrior who's had his eye on the truth the whole time and behaving almost in a necessary way considering the scale and magnitude of this crisis.

As the side note, though Latin Rite, I am down with the East...

I am not sure how anyone could honestly call him buffon-like in that video. Intense sure, but if you look at the last 100 years, it is not in any way false. Americanism and modernism are not new heresies and both are clearly defined.

Yeah buffoon isn't the right adjective, it's just a dismissive commentary at this point.

Upvote 0