*Catholics only* The Rosary: 'Vain repetition' or Biblical prayer?

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Didn’t read the article yet, but I’ve heard this argument a lot. It falls into the “God knows your heart” category. Anything can be vain repetition if you’re just going through the motions.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I thank we should view the Hail Marys, in the sense of ad Jesum per Mariam, that is, the Hail Marys bring the mysteries to life, the same way the Mary herself made Life Himself flesh and He dwelt among us. Granted this is easier said then done, quite a few times it's hard for me to focus as I'm praying my rosaries, but better to try than not do it all.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The meditations of the Rosary, and Marian devotions and doctrines in general, are centered on Jesus Christ.

Continued below.
The Rosary: ‘Vain Repetition’ or Biblical Prayer?

Hi Michie, I look at it this way, and that is Jesus Christ himself taught us to pray the Lords Prayer the "Our Father".

Now if Jesus taught us the Lord's Prayer, should we only say it one time in our lives, for fear that if we say the Lord's Prayer twice, it would be considered Vain repetition? Of Course not.

The Rosary is a Biblical Prayer, and I know you know this to be true.

Vain repetitions, to me are, praying and not really having faith in ones prayer to the Lord, and the Lord knowing this, call THIS vain repetition, because they go no where because there is no FAITH behind it nor in front of it.

Michie, I love your threads, although, it will take me forever to read them all. lol lol lol and I don't know how much time I have left here at Christianforums.

Upvote 0