Not open for further replies.

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
RhetorTheo said:
What about changing rites? I don't think the Eastern Catholic churches are having any problem finding enough priests. Maybe some could move from East to West?

Not in the United States. They don't let married eastern Catholics get ordained here.

Even if they did, the problem is not not allowing married men, but completely forbidding the later posssibility of marriage.

Upvote 0

Robbie_James_Francis

May all beings have happiness and its causes
Apr 12, 2005
England, UK
✟20,261.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
PetertheRock said:
Read the articles and links I posted. They are factual and prove that homosexuals are more likely to be pedophiles.

No...it shows that most peadoplies molest male children. Homosexuality and peadophilia are two different sexualities.

Upvote 0

Metanoia02

Owner of the invisible &a mp;
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟20,203.00
Faith
Catholic
Wolf Georges said:
I've been trying to read as much Catholic literature as possible, as I have 25 years of "make up" work to do, so I will look for the book that you mentioned.
I guess the problem that I see with the argument of men have been kept out of the Priesthood for being too rigid or orthodox is that these men's personal view of life and God could directly impact their parishioners. Quite possibly in a very negative way. In contrast, I think a man with homosexual tendencies who confronts those feelings and gives them...and himself...to God fully would not have a leniency toward homosexual acts. Quite the contrary. If a person came to one of these Priests for council because they were struggling with homosexuality I would think that these Priests would be the best person to guide them and keep them on God's path.

I appreciate your idealism. In a perfect world you may be right. But unfortunately the seminary system in the US has for a long time been influenced by a pervasive homosexual component. Please read thisa if you get the chance. I found a copy in my local library.

http://www.goodbyegoodmen.com/

Upvote 0

Wolf Georges

Feb 15, 2005
NNJ
✟695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Metanoia02 said:
I appreciate your idealism. In a perfect world you may be right. But unfortunately the seminary system in the US has for a long time been influenced by a pervasive homosexual component. Please read thisa if you get the chance. I found a copy in my local library.

http://www.goodbyegoodmen.com/

I'll keep my eye out for it. After viewing the link though I may have some issues with the tone. Any book whose cover points a blanket accusatory finger at liberals...or conservatives for that matter...is usually not for me. My view on partisan politics, in general, is negative but in the context of religion I tend to have even less patience for it. I'll check my library and will give it a shot. If it's not there I'll have to skip it because I won't pay into this sort of thing.
In the interim, how does the author work around pedophilia in different parts of the world and does he address the problems with Priests molesting women in halfway houses for unwed mothers and the such? I watched a horrible special about the abuse that went on in a place in Ireland. Very disturbing. I would be curious to see if that was also the fault of liberalism or possible just a few emotionally disturbed Priests.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
PetertheRock said:
Read the articles and links I posted. They are factual and prove that homosexuals are more likely to be pedophiles.

They do nothing close to that. They do a lot of playing with statistics to prove a politically desirable conclusion. For example, the first article takes the lowest frequency of homosexuality in males in the ranges commonly cited and treats it as if it were the maximum possible. They do this not because it is scientifically sound but because it makes their conclusions stronger. In most places, the articles call all males who abuse other males homosexuals without any knowledge of their activities (or lack there of) with other adults. Many boys are molested by their stepfathers and mothers' boyfriends, men who few would consider homosexual. At other places, the articles point to homosexuals saying they have had sex with minors, but those statistics tell us very little. If two men had sex with each other when they were both fifteen, they would say yes to those questions but they are in no sense pedophiles.

So basically, the authors of those articles wished to associate homosexuality with pedophilia and were quite willing to make intellectually dishonest arguments to prove what they wanted rather than dispassionately looking at what the evidence tells us and what it cannot.

Upvote 0

Metanoia02

Owner of the invisible &a mp;
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟20,203.00
Faith
Catholic
Wolf Georges said:
I'll keep my eye out for it. After viewing the link though I may have some issues with the tone. Any book whose cover points a blanket accusatory finger at liberals...or conservatives for that matter...is usually not for me. My view on partisan politics, in general, is negative but in the context of religion I tend to have even less patience for it. I'll check my library and will give it a shot. If it's not there I'll have to skip it because I won't pay into this sort of thing.
In the interim, how does the author work around pedophilia in different parts of the world and does he address the problems with Priests molesting women in halfway houses for unwed mothers and the such? I watched a horrible special about the abuse that went on in a place in Ireland. Very disturbing. I would be curious to see if that was also the fault of liberalism or possible just a few emotionally disturbed Priests.

The scope of this book is not pedophillia or with deviant priests. It is about how they have been formed in the seminaries. This book was begun and completed before the pedophile scandal was publicized. I too am suspect of overly politicized exposes, but from my personal experience with priests that have attended some of the seminaries mentioned in this book, he is right on the money.

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
fragmentsofdreams said:
Why would the National Association of Marlin Brandow Look Alikes be homosexual or heterosexual?
NAMBLA is the "North American Man Boy Love Association" - they are the propenants of men having sex with consenting boys.
Is this a gay or hetero organization? and if its gay, is there a corresponding heterosexual organization?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
geocajun said:
NAMBLA is the "North American Man Boy Love Association" - they are the propenants of men having sex with consenting boys.
Is this a gay or hetero organization? and if its gay, is there a corresponding heterosexual organization?

None of the above.

Upvote 0

Wolf Georges

Feb 15, 2005
NNJ
✟695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
geocajun said:
Is the NAMBLA a gay or heterosexual organization? if its gay, then is there an heterosexual equivelent?

I understand that your question is rhetorical and all but I'm not sure of the point. Does the fact that there is an organization for pedophiles that prefer young boys and not one for pedophiles that prey on young girls mean that there are more of them in our society? If that is the argument I don't agree.

All NAMBLA proves is that a small portion of pedophiles who go after young boys think that their sick actions are acceptable enough to meet in public. Hopefully the authorities use the meetings to keep track of these sick individuals.

The people that I know that have been personally touched by child molestation are women who were young girls abused in the "safety" of the family home.

I pray for all of the children that have to endure such Hell.

Upvote 0

geocajun

Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm just a big fan of common sense is all. A guy having sex with a guy, is gay. An organization all about guys having sex with guys, is a gay organization.
A gay organization all about men having sex with boys and their 'rights to do it' complete without any outcry of shock and horror from the general gay community is itself evidence which speaks volumes about gay propensities, and evil within the gay culture.
But thats just common sense is all.. i'm sure some academic has spun it to mean nothing at all.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
geocajun said:
I'm just a big fan of common sense is all. A guy having sex with a guy, is gay. An organization all about guys having sex with guys, is a gay organization.
A gay organization all about men having sex with boys and their 'rights to do it' complete without any outcry of shock and horror from the general gay community is itself evidence which speaks volumes about gay propensities, and evil within the gay culture.
But thats just common sense is all.. i'm sure some academic has spun it to mean nothing at all.

Common sense is irrelevant. Truth matters. Oversimplifying things leads to actions that do not address the problem and causes harm to many.

Upvote 0

Wolf Georges

Feb 15, 2005
NNJ
✟695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
geocajun said:
I think that common sense dictates a guy having sex with a child, regardless of that child's gender, is a pedophile. Trying to equate homosexuality with pedophilia is not common sense, it's bad logic for the sake of an agenda.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

geocajun

Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wolf Georges said:
I think that common sense dictates a guy having sex with a child, regardless of that child's gender, is a pedophile. Trying to equate homosexuality with pedophilia is not common sense, it's bad logic for the sake of an agenda.

post puberty, its not pedophelia George, its homosexuality/perversion.

Upvote 0

Wolf Georges

Feb 15, 2005
NNJ
✟695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
geocajun said:
post puberty, its not pedophelia George, its homosexuality/perversion.
So, how does that jive with men who molest young girls? Are they actually homosexuals?

I understand the point being made but think it's a weak argument. With all due respect it's a very dangerous generalization that is just plain inaccurate.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
I believe the Grand Jury Report (warning pdf) shows that the best way to reduce the number of molestations is to get the bishops to report cases to the authorities rather than participating in cover ups and continuing to place known molesters in places where they have access to children.

Upvote 0

geocajun

Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wolf Georges said:
So, how does that jive with men who molest young girls? Are they actually homosexuals?

I understand the point being made but think it's a weak argument. With all due respect it's a very dangerous generalization that is just plain inaccurate.

no, men who molest adolescent girls are perverted heterosexuals, and men who molest adolescent boys are homosexuals which as we know, is perverted inherently.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.