*Catholics only* Is one religion really as good as another?

SaNcTaMaRiA

I am a man...who loves our Lady!
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Could you imagine if everyone with OCD started a new church or religion?

The guy literally broke his vows and didn't like the authority he willingly signed up for. So he starts his own religion........he was a sociopath.

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No not every religion is equal. Unless we submit that truth is relative. Which we do not.

Personally I would rather follow the Church founded by Jesus Christ then the church started by a stark raving satan obsessed poop eating vow breaking lunatic.

He was mad indeed.

Luther wrote a book "About the Jews and their lies". In it, he urged Jewish synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes burned, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness, afforded no legal protection, and "these poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time. He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "We are at fault in not slaying them".

So basically he is the mastermind of the Holocaust.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
He was mad indeed.

Luther wrote a book "About the Jews and their lies". In it, he urged Jewish synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes burned, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness, afforded no legal protection, and "these poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time. He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "We are at fault in not slaying them".

So basically he is the mastermind of the Holocaust.

Thats the "late Luther" which was indeed mad. No one argues that not even Lutherans.

Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whyvdoes it matter if it's late or early?
Some people lose their mind in old age and it often isn't their fault. Part of aging and the deterioration of the brain.

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people lose their mind in old age and it often isn't their fault. Part of aging and the deterioration of the brain.

I don't buy this argument, it sounds like a mere excuse. He was under 60yo in his "late" years. Pretty young to me. He wasn't like 90yo

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't buy this argument, it sounds like a mere excuse. He was under 60yo in his "late" years. Pretty young to me. He wasn't like 90yo
Everybody' unique. Some people have heart attacks before 20. Some get alzheimers at 43. And, of course, the medical breakthroughs we benefit from today were nonexistent then.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I believe its unfair to disqualify a persons life as a whole based on one thing he did or one script he wrote. Jews and their lies were horrible, but to say Luther really stood by this is harsh and unfair. Also Luther in all his heresy had absolutely nothing to do with nazism occuring almost 4 centuries later.

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everybody' unique. Some people have heart attacks before 20. Some get alzheimers at 43. And, of course, the medical breakthroughs we benefit from today were nonexistent then.

I think his age has nothing to do with his demeanor. Even his wife Katherine was witnessed to chastise Luther "you are too rude". From his vehement anti-semitism and obsene language towards Holy Mother Church, I infer He might have been possessed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think his age has nothing to do with his demeanor. Even his wife Katherine was witnessed to chastise Luther "you are too rude". From his vehement anti-semitism and obsene language towards Holy Mother Church, I infer He might have been possessed.
I think the OCD and constipation made him angry.

• Haha
Reactions: SaNcTaMaRiA
Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,986.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It doesn't matter what Christuan denomination you join, as long as you're sincere. This may sound like a claim that we often hear in today's culture. We live in a world ruled by the dictatorship of relativism.

But back in 1887, Fr. John McLaughlin grappled with the question of whether one religion is as good as another. It's an age old question, reaching back into the early days of the Church.

Continued below.
https://epicpew.com/one-religion-good-another/
The Catholic Church teaches that if I live a life with a Catholic faith I will be saved. The Catholic Church DOES NOT teach that living a life with a Baptist faith will save me. (I used Baptist as only an example).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or reading comprehension. Seriously, the *Catholics only* preface is ridiculous to have to do in a safe haven. It obviously does not work. So here we are in exasperation land.
We are not saved by works:doh:

Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

I am a man...who loves our Lady!
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To suggest Luther had anything to do with the Holocaust is a stretch I'm def not willing to make.

He was however a lecher and a vow breaker. He also may have ate his own poop. I am not sure that fact has ever actually been confirmed lol.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Catholic Church teaches that if I live a life with a Catholic faith I will be saved. The Catholic Church DOES NOT teach that living a life with a Baptist faith will save me. (I used Baptist as only an example).

I see the mental gymnastics in that

people act like you "earn heaven" by "being good"
so they turn it into a kind of works based salvation
which is not what Christianity teaches

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I see the mental gymnastics in that

people act like you "earn heaven" by "being good"
so they turn it into a kind of works based salvation
which is not what Christianity teaches
Wow, I never thought of it like that before, but yeah, that really what denial of this Dogma is, the belief that one can earn one's way to Heaven by works alone, without Faith, and without grace.

Upvote 0