2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Holycanaan said:

"If you really love the Word of God, you would be shocked in horror by the discovery of the corruptions that I have mentioned. For instance, depending on which corrupted Bible you use, you will discover that even the deity of Jesus has been taken out. You can take any version that you wish and compare it with the King James Bible and look at some selected portions of scripture. You will find that some of the most important doctrines of the Bible are being attacked in the new versions. Whether you have a Living Bible, a New International Version, a Revised Standard Version, or any of the other perversions of scripture (including the New King James Version), you will see the difference."

Why are you using the KJV as the standard? It is NOT an autographa.

IS YOUR MODERN TRANSLATION CORRUPT?
Answering the Allegations of KJV Only Advocates by James White:

"While the vast majority of conservative Christian scholars completely reject the KJV Only position, the emotionally charged rhetoric of KJV Only advocates causes unnecessary concerns among many believers."

Holycanaan also said:
"King James: Mt. 1:25--First born son
New International Version: Mt: 1:25--A son
New American Standard: Mt: 1:25--A son"

This is nothing but nitpicking. Neither the NASB or the NIV would cause the reader to come to the conclusion that Christ is anything different than the KJV.

You also state:
King James: Eph. 3:9--Created all things by Jesus Christ
NIV Eph. 3:9--Created all things (they took Jesus Christ’ name out)
NAS Eph 3:9--Created all things (they took Jesus Christ name out)

Once again this is nothing more than nitpicking. This verse is not the cornerstone in scripture for affirming that Christ created everything. The NIV clearly states Christs's supremecy in Colossians chapter 1 as well as many other places.

God Bless

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Yauming
Hello Holycanaan,

Great post and reply! Just one small thing.

The Christians, prior to Constantine becoming Emperor of Rome, were persecuted badly and were a minority group. Constantine became Emperor of Rome not thru the help of the Roman Catholic church (which had not been established) but thru battle with another rival Roman army (plus some divine help).

As for the split in the church and the creation of the Roman Catholic Church as we know it today, it didn't occur even then.

You have to remember that the Christian church in those days was a mixed bunch of groups. They didn't have easy contact with each other : Poor literacy, No printing presses, no proper mail service does not help, etc.. The New Testament as we know it had also not been complied yet. Some groups had copies of Paul's letters and probably some of John's teachings and biography of Jesus. But there were some groups, like the Gnostics, who had different teachings altogether. The Christians back then felt it was necessary to have a central authority to direct the affairs of the church; and Rome, then the centre of the Western world, was the best place to do it from.

The military success of Constatine resulted in two good things - the end of terrible persecution of the Roman Empire and the ability of Christians to freely and openly preach the Gospel. If any of us were living back then we would agree too! How horrible it is to have loved ones under the constant threat of torture and crucification!!

Unfortunately, the Church became corrupted with the materialism of Rome. When exactly I'm not too sure. But I guess it occured when they started to elevate the status of Mary, the mother of Jesus. And the church started teaching people to pray to Mary and the "saints" instead of through Jesus.

Thank you for the post,

YM

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Apologist
[~~~~Apologist~~~~
First of all I want to state that we are getting way off from the original subject: Catholics and Protestant Christian. This will be my last post on this subject.
If you were to take any English speaking Bible with exception of the King James Version ~ Would you be able to translate it back into the Greek language as the Word was originally written? And what Greek language would it be? The Alexandrian or the scriptures from Antioch?

You said that I was nit picking and you re-quoted some of the verses that I had mentioned. But you failed to say anything about the Colossians 1:14 ~ Where the NIV deletes the word BLOOD!! Now, here are just a few more nit pickings that I have found. These verses were completely left out from the NIV. Mark 9:44, Mark 9:46, John 5:4, Acts 8:37, Acts 15:34, Acts 24:7, and there is a lot more. The following are words that were taken out or changed~~KJV Mt. 1:25 First Born Son---NIV Mt. 1:25 a son~~~KJV Mt. 8:29 Jesus, thou Son Of God---NIV Mt. 8:29 Son Of God~~Mt. 13:51 Yea, Lord---NIV Mt. 13:51 Yes~~KJV Lk. 4:41 Thou art Christ the Son of God---NIV Lk. 4:41 You are the Son of God~~KJV Lk. 7:31 the Lord said---NIV Lk. 7:31 (Omitted)~~KJV Lk 22:31 the Lord said---NIV Lk. 22:31 (Omitted)~~KJV Ac 16:31 Lord Jesus Christ---NIV Ac 16:31 Lord Jesus~~KJV Ro. 1:16 gospel of Christ---NIV Ro. 1:16 gospel~~KJV Ps. 109:6 and let Satan stand at his right hand.---NIV 109:6 Let an accuser stand at his right hand. (This can be any accuser!)~~KJV Mt. 18:26 the servant therefore fell down, and Worshiped him,--- NIV Mt. 18:26 the servant fell on his knees before him (falling on your knees is NOT worshiping)~~~KJV Mk. 13:6 For many shall come in my name, Saying, I am Christ: and shall deceive many---Mk. 13:6 Many will come in my name, claiming, “I am he,” and will deceive many.

I pray that Our Lord will lead you into what He wants you to read NOT what you want but what He wants!! May Our Lord bless you with His abundance of goodness! <><

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
A few things....

Jack Chick is a scandalously brazen agitator.

The NASB, followed by the English Standard Version and the New KJV are the most accurate translation because of the recent discoveries of yet earlier and more accurate texts and faithful, translation of those texts.

I suggest you get a New KJV rpggal; it's not as an accurate translation as the others, but it's the most readable.

God bless

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.