Catholicism

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
However, I think in this day and age. Preference and how a certain group's catechistic beliefs are what should be the factor in a Christian choosing a certain group. When it comes to Christianty these days IMO, if the faith they teach is Trinitarian, able to confess the Nicene Creed and is biblical. then the minor disputes of dogma between groups is just that minor.
I see.

Why aren't you Catholic then? I mean, superficially there's little to distinguish the broad strokes of Anglicanism from the broad strokes of Catholicism. Generally speaking, the Catholic Church is a lot like Anglicanism. Plus, it isn't suffering from a lot of Anglicanism's problems these days.

Catholicism is Trinitarian, confesses the Nicene Creed and literally assembled the Bible. Surely this is the perfect formula for you to cross the Tiber, is it not? The similarities are vast and the Catholic Church's future looks a bit steadier than Anglicanism's does.

If it's as easy (and small) as you say, why not make the switch?

Mind you, I can think of many reasons not to convert from Anglicanism to Catholicism. None of them were ultimately persuasive for me since I kind of did convert from Anglicanism to Catholicism. But that's beside the point. The point is that you've set the bar pretty low. So low, in fact, that I'm curious what's holding you back.

Upvote 0