Do you need to to be Catholic in order to go to heaven?

• Yes

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • don't know

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said "it is finished." He actually did accomplish what He came to do, ONCE and for ALL TIME. We don't get to add or take away from that by inserting our own feeble and futile human efforts. If we do grace is no more grace, but rather, works.

Very well said!

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What do you think?
I hope my answer in the other thread was clear enough. But I've waded through a few of the posts on this thread, wasting too much time, before it dawned on me that you may have posted in 'Looking for a church' for a good reason. Perhaps you are indeed looking for a church.

If you want to try out a Catholic church, to see if all the wild things mentioned in these posts are so, it's fairly easy. You can do so quietly, discretely, any Sunday (actually any day of the week) without having to fill out any form or give your name.

You can also find a fair representation of the Catholic faith in the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It's even online at Catechism of the Catholic Church although I recommend the paper version (found at any bookstore) for it's indexes.

You can also ask questions here in this particular forum (which is supposed to be respectful of various Christian beliefs and sometimes can be respectful) or in 'One Bread One Body' the Catholic forum part of Christian Forums.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Saddens me of how much Catholic hate there is. But then, I think of how Jesus said that the gates of hell would not prevail against His church.

I can only speak for myself in this, but questioning (Biblically) things that contradict Scripture is not something I do out of hate, but because I truly do want to know that truth, not just opinion, and because I deeply care about people, Catholic and non-Catholic.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I can only speak for myself in this, but questioning (Biblically) things that contradict Scripture is not something I do out of hate, but because I truly do want to know that truth, not just opinion, and because I deeply care about people, Catholic and non-Catholic.

I don't think he had you in mind.
It's not hateful to disagree and discuss with one another in fellowship, but sadly one particular poster had nothing but vomit to offer for us Catholics in this thread.

Unsupported mockery and derogatory statements does neither one of us any good and is less than fruitful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No, just generally how people approach Catholicism.

Fair enough.

Again, just speaking for myself. I have done and continue to do a lot of research into Catholicism (much from Catholic sources), because my maternal grandparents and great grandparents were Catholic, and my mother was raised Catholic. (I would have been as well, if the priest hadn't refused to marry my Catholic mother and Protestant father, but that's another story) I also have friends and family that are Catholic, (my mother's sister was a nun for about 15 years) So, Catholic history and doctrine is something I've looked into a lot.

There was even a time, years ago, when I was dating a Catholic, that I considered becoming Catholic as well.

So, that's a bit of where I'm coming from with this.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't think he had you in mind.
It's not hateful to disagree and discuss with one another in fellowship, but sadly one particular poster had nothing but vomit to offer for us Catholics in this thread.

Unsupported mockery and derogatory statements does neither one of us any good and is less than fruitful.

Perhaps. Although I do find it discouraging that at times any objection is immediately labeled as "hate."

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
ON!

Thread cleaned!

Flaming and Goading
  • Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
  • Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
  • NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, or smileys clearly meant to goad. Quoting and then editing another members post to change the original meaning, commonly referred to as "fixed it for you" (FIFY), is considered goading.
  • Offensive derogatory nicknames and egregious inflammatory comments about public figures may be considered goading.
  • Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
  • If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

OFF!

Upvote 0