Dallas
✟888,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No one said that there isn't three Persons who are God. What is being said is that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are NOT three parts of God. So the Son isn't a 1/3 of God, the Father isn't a 1/3 of God, and the Holy Spirit isn't a 1/3 of God. The Son is wholly God, the Father is wholly God, and the Holy Spirit is wholly God, yet not three Gods, but one God. Yet there are three Persons who are God. That is the mystery of the Trinity.

So when the title is given to Christ's mother as being the Mother of God it isn't being claimed that she is the mother of the Trinity, no she is the mother of one Person of the Trinity. She didn't beget His divinity, but rather His humanity only; but Jesus is one person, and not two, so if Mary is the mother of Jesus even in giving Him His humanity, she is still His (a person) mother.

Thus the title of Mother of God, says more about Christ's Incarnation and what that means, than it does about Mary.

i agree with everything you said right up until you said "When the title of mother of God". Jesus was fully God and fully man. His divinity was incarnated into man. Answer these 2 questions please. Did Mary give birth to Jesus' divinity? Is it Jesus' divinity that gives Him the title God?

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you or do you not agree that Mary gave birth to a person?
From what I heard it was indeed a male child.
This passage in Jere 31 is interesting concerning a new thing God will create, a "woman encompassing a man". If, hypothetically this pertains to Jesus and Mary, it would seem Jesus was already a grown man when born?
In any case, it is interesting.......thoughts?

Jer 31:22
How long will you gad about, O you backsliding daughter?
For the LORD has created a new thing in the land— A woman shall encompass a man.”
Isaiah 11:6
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together and a little child/lad shall lead them.

Luke 2:
42 and when He became twelve years old, they having gone up to Jerusalem, according to the custom of the feast,
46 And it came to pass, after three days, they found Him in the Temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both hearing them and questioning them...................

Rom 5:15
But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So when kids stopped comming from cabbages ?
Don't have any idea.....
Jeremiah 10:
5 It's like a scarecrow in a cabbage patch - can't talk! Dead wood that has to be carried - can't walk! Don't be impressed by such stuff. It's useless for either good or evil."

upload_2017-8-24_16-19-23.jpeg

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From what I heard it was indeed a male child.
This passage in Jere 31 is interesting concerning a new thing God will create, a "woman encompassing a man". If, hypothetically this pertains to Jesus and Mary, it would seem Jesus was already a grown man when born?
In any case, it is interesting.......thoughts?

Jer 31:22
How long will you gad about, O you backsliding daughter?
For the LORD has created a new thing in the land— A woman shall encompass a man.”
Isaiah 11:6
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together and a little child/lad shall lead them.

Luke 2:
42 and when He became twelve years old, they having gone up to Jerusalem, according to the custom of the feast,
46 And it came to pass, after three days, they found Him in the Temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both hearing them and questioning them...................

Rom 5:15
But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.
The Orthodox creation icon shows Christ as a grown man in the garden Gen1.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I've noticed that individual Catholic's have an array of beliefs. Many that I know are futurist, and some have become very liberal. They aren't devout Catholic's, they are more devout to the Lord.

Hi Hal. I love your moniker.

I was just talking with a devout Catholic friend last night who was telling me about his parish priest and all the liberal doctrines that he believes and preaches at mass. Dutiful Catholic that my friend is, he is adopting these beliefs although, as I reminded him, they contradict the Catechism of the Catholic Church (not to mention the Bible). He has been well-trained to follow his pastor wherever he leads him, however.

• Informative
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've noticed that individual Catholic's have an array of beliefs. Many that I know are futurist, and some have become very liberal. They aren't devout Catholic's, they are more devout to the Lord.
I have heard the RCC, EOC along with some other Denomination are amill.
I am leaning toward that view myself.

Amillennialism - Wikipedia

Amillennialism has been widely held in the Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches as well as in the Roman Catholic Church, which generally embraces an Augustinian eschatology and which has deemed that premillennialism "cannot safely be taught."[11]
Amillennialism is also common among Protestant denominations such as the Lutheran, Reformed, Anglican, many Messianic Jews, and Methodist Churches.

Amillennialism also teaches that the binding of Satan, described in Revelation, has already occurred; he has been prevented from "deceiving the nations" by the spread of the gospel. This is the first binding he suffered in history after his fall from heaven.[citation needed] Nonetheless, good and evil will remain mixed in strength throughout history and even in the church, according to the amillennial understanding of the Parable of the Wheat and Tares.

Amillennialism gained ground after Christianity became a legal religion. It was systematized by St. Augustine in the 4th century, and this systematization carried amillennialism over as the dominant eschatology of the Medieval and Reformation periods. Augustine was originally a premillennialist, but he retracted that view, claiming the doctrine was carnal.[18]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Hal. I love your moniker.

I was just talking with a devout Catholic friend last night who was telling me about his parish priest and all the liberal doctrines that he believes and preaches at mass. Dutiful Catholic that my friend is, he is adopting these beliefs although, as I reminded him, they contradict the Catechism of the Catholic Church (not to mention the Bible). He has been well-trained to follow his pastor wherever he leads him, however.
I wonder who trained him to do such. Most dioceses try to rotate priests out of a parish every five years for this very reason.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I wonder who trained him to do such. Most dioceses try to rotate priests out of a parish every five years for this very reason.

I asked my friend that very question and he did not know. My friend did say that the priest had been at his parish for two or three years now and apparently had stirred dissension over his liberal theology in his previous parish. IMO this man is a serious threat to the local parish and the strategy of rotating him around is no more effective than rotating child-abusing priests from parish to parish.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I wouldn't compare the two together. The parish needs to force their bishop to do something about this priest if he is that bad.

Well, the previous parish did force their bishop to do something, so he transferred him to my friend's parish. That seems to be the standard modus operandi - if you have a problem priest, move him along until he is in a parish that doesn't complain about him.

Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, the previous parish did force their bishop to do something, so he transferred him to my friend's parish. That seems to be the standard modus operandi - if you have a problem priest, move him along until he is in a parish that doesn't complain about him.
It really depends upon the bishop. Not all follow the same procedures. But from my conversations with you in the past, I believe you live in an area with a priest shortage, and I'm sure that has an impact on his decision concerning what to do with the priest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It really depends upon the bishop. Not all follow the same procedures. But from my conversations with you in the past, I believe you live in an area with a priest shortage, and I'm sure that has an impact on his decision concerning what to do with the priest.

Actually, my friend lives in an entirely different diocese than mine, but I agree that there does seem to be a priest shortage in his diocese.

Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, my friend lives in an entirely different diocese than mine, but I agree that there does seem to be a priest shortage in his diocese.
Look, I'm not saying it is right or wrong to keep him for I really don't know the situation, just playing devils advocate. I know that I've been in at least one parish in Cleveland, that quite frankly I was questioning whether or not I was in an actual Catholic Church up until the prayers for the pope. I nearly walked out a few times, thinking I was in the wrong church. Afterwards, I wrote a letter to their bishop, but don't know if anything happened from it. So I can very well imagine that the scenario that you have given us is a real one, and I feel for you friend and the parish he is in.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Look, I'm not saying it is right or wrong to keep him for I really don't know the situation, just playing devils advocate. I know that I've been in at least one parish in Cleveland, that quite frankly I was questioning whether or not I was in an actual Catholic Church up until the prayers for the pope. I nearly walked out a few times, thinking I was in the wrong church. Afterwards, I wrote a letter to their bishop, but don't know if anything happened from it. So I can very well imagine that the scenario that you have given us is a real one, and I feel for you friend and the parish he is in.

Thank you. I do understand the tension that the bishop must be in with situations like this. It comes down to keeping this parish going, but with a dodgy priest, or closing the parish and merging it with the nearest parish which, in this case, would be a hardship for most parishioners because it is at a considerable distance.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
According to the History Channel documentary Ottoman Empire, they financially supported Protestants to divide & weaken Christendom and isolate the Catholic Holy Roman Empire. IOW, Luther decried "German gold flowing over the Alps into Italy" in part because "conquered Greek gold flowed over the Carpathians into Germany" so that they "stabbed the HRE in the back" (so to speak).

According to the A&E documentary Biography: Satan, counter-Christian-culture movements of Satanism were widely reported across Europe (and colonies) from 1450-1700 AD (cp. Salem Witch Trials of 1692 AD). This corresponds precisely to the height of Ottoman influence deep into Europe, from the conquest of Constantinople in 1453 AD (cp. docudrama Fetih 1453) to the second siege of Vienna on approximately September 11th 1683 AD (cp. docudrama Day of the Siege).

According to the History Channel documentary World History of Organized Crime, the Ottomans also financially supported the Russian mafia, to similarly violently undermine the Orthodox Christian Rurikid & Romanov dynasties. Both ultimately collapsed amidst unrest, violence & bomb-throwing radical revolutionary sentiment -- apparently paid for in part by Topkapi Palace in Istanbul (recall "Istanbul was Constantinople, now it's Istanbul not Constantinople").

Ultimately, in WWI, Protestant Lutheran Germany supported Lenin's Communist coup in Russia (against Alexander Kerensky) which then ushered in a persecution the Russian Orthodox Church -- controversially described by Catholic author Richard Wurmbrand from Romania in his book Marx & Satan.

The following map depicts currently active separatist movements across Europe. If you overlay Protestantism across Germanic central & northern Europe (from the 16th century AD) as well as Communism across Slavic eastern Europe (3 centuries or so later), then you observe, that all Europe has been nothing but an inundated, flooded "sea of separatism" of "divided individualism" for almost six centuries -- loosely speaking "the Sultans came, the Sultans saw, and behold":
Active_separatist_movements_in_Europe_annotated.jpeg

"first be reconciled to your brother" - Jesus called Christ (1st century AD, Matt 5:24)
"make a good treaty with Russia" - Bismarck the founding unifier of Germany (19th century AD)
"no no no and more no!" - Verdict (20th century AD)
"surprise! but still Hell no!" - Verdict (21st century AD)
"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun" - Solomon (Ecclesiastes 1:9)

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
According to the History Channel documentary Ottoman Empire, they financially supported Protestants to divide & weaken Christendom and isolate the Catholic Holy Roman Empire. IOW, Luther decried "German gold flowing over the Alps into Italy" in part because "conquered Greek gold flowed over the Carpathians into Germany" so that they "stabbed the HRE in the back" (so to speak).

According to the A&E documentary Biography: Satan, counter-Christian-culture movements of Satanism were widely reported across Europe (and colonies) from 1450-1700 AD (cp. Salem Witch Trials of 1692 AD). This corresponds precisely to the height of Ottoman influence deep into Europe, from the conquest of Constantinople in 1453 AD (cp. docudrama Fetih 1453) to the second siege of Vienna on approximately September 11th 1683 AD (cp. docudrama Day of the Siege).

According to the History Channel documentary World History of Organized Crime, the Ottomans also financially supported the Russian mafia, to similarly violently undermine the Orthodox Christian Rurikid & Romanov dynasties. Both ultimately collapsed amidst unrest, violence & bomb-throwing radical revolutionary sentiment -- apparently paid for in part by Topkapi Palace in Istanbul (recall "Istanbul was Constantinople, now it's Istanbul not Constantinople").

Ultimately, in WWI, Protestant Lutheran Germany supported Lenin's Communist coup in Russia (against Alexander Kerensky) which then ushered in a persecution the Russian Orthodox Church -- controversially described by Catholic author Richard Wurmbrand from Romania in his book Marx & Satan.

The following map depicts currently active separatist movements across Europe. If you overlay Protestantism across Germanic central & northern Europe (from the 16th century AD) as well as Communism across Slavic eastern Europe (3 centuries or so later), then you observe, that all Europe has been nothing but an inundated, flooded "sea of separatism" of "divided individualism" for almost six centuries -- loosely speaking "the Sultans came, the Sultans saw, and behold":
View attachment 206240

"first be reconciled to your brother" - Jesus called Christ (1st century AD, Matt 5:24)
"make a good treaty with Russia" - Bismarck the founding unifier of Germany (19th century AD)
"no no no and more no!" - Verdict (20th century AD)
"surprise! but still Hell no!" - Verdict (21st century AD)
"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun" - Solomon (Ecclesiastes 1:9)

What next? The Sultan financing Rome during the Great Schism? Mohammed financing the Oriental Orthodox Churches?

Upvote 0