United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
John 14:6

Jesus died for everybody , even his enemies , he choose all not only few people .
Romans 5:6-8
Good point.

He forgave them at the Cross in Luke 23, both the Romans and Jews.

But that didn't stop God from allowing the Roman army to destroy their City and Temple in AD70 [much like He did with the Babylonian army in the OT [Jeremiah 52].......

John 19:
11 Jesus answered, “You would have no authority over Me unless it were given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed Me over to you is guilty of greater sin.”
12 From this moment on, Pilate tried to release Him, but the Jews kept shouting...............

Luke 23:
34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
And they divided up His garments by casting lots.
35 The people stood watching, and the rulers sneered at Him, saying, “He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ of God, the Chosen One.”

John 11:48
"If-ever we may be be letting Him thus, all shall be believing in Him.
And shall be coming the Romans
and they shall be taking away of Us and the Place and the Nation
[Reve 6:6/14:8]

Revelation 6:6
And I hear a voice in midst of the four living-ones saying: "choinex of grain/wheat a denarius and three choinex of barleys a denarius, and the oil and the wine no you should be injuring". [John 11:48]

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover........

Golden 7-branched menorah carried off by the Roman legions in 70 AD,

images

[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This Protestant Pastor seems to agree with you on that...

A Christian Pastor Denies Jesus is the only Way!!!

......................On Larry King Live, the following very disturbing conversation occurred with Larry King and Joel Osteen:
KING: What if you're Jewish or Muslim, you don't accept Christ at all?
OSTEEN: You know, I'm very careful about saying who would and wouldn't go to heaven. I don't know ...
At this point, even Larry King appears surprised by Osteen’s answer. Then Larry tosses Osteen a "soft-ball" to explain his previous answer. And again Osteen openly denies that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way of salvation.
KING: If you believe you have to believe in Christ? They're wrong, aren't they?
OSTEEN: Well, I don't know if I believe they're wrong. I believe here's what the Bible teaches and from the Christian faith this is what I believe. But I just think that only God will judge a person's heart.
I spent a lot of time in India with my father. I don't know all about their religion. But I know they love God. And I don't know. I've seen their sincerity. So I don't know. I know for me, and what the Bible teaches, I want to have a relationship with Jesus.

Again Osteen denies the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ. Unbelievable.............................. .

...................The Pope flies over to catch the next Joel Osteen service

images
images

images

I was curious until I saw who the "protestant Pastor" was.

LOL Joel Osteen? I certainly hope you do not judge protestants and what we believe by this guy.

What a joke he is.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was curious until I saw who the "protestant Pastor" was.
LOL Joel Osteen? I certainly hope you do not judge protestants and what we believe by this guy.

What a joke he is.
I judge no one.

James 4:
11 Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the Law and judges it. And if you judge the Law, you are not a practitioner of the Law, but a judge of it.
12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and destroy.
But who are you to judge your neighbor?

*edit* by LLoJ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes I stayed at Hunann resort in Panglao last October. It's a really nice resort. I proposed to my fiancé there. We're working on getting her fiancé visa. That's why I'm going to Manila. October is a really nice time of the year to be there. Not too hot.
I'm going to be in Angeles City in early December.
Yes I was shocked also when I heard about that story. There are a lot of tiny churches away from civilization. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some that are corrupted. I know that in most catholic churches indulgences are not sold like they were in the mid evil times.
The Church has never taught that you could buy indulgences. Some clergy, whom people tend to respect and act as sheep, suggested in medieval times that if you gave a donation for the construction of St. Peter's in Rome. Indulences are when we do good deeds to atone for our own sins. We can pray for the souls in purgatory.
There's corruption in all forms of religion. I see many on tv that make claims of having the power to heal people and a lot of other nonsense. There's a lot of rackets out there that are driven by greed instead of the Holy Spirit.
Amen to that, which is why it's good to have a rule book and laws.
I really like my Filipino church. Every Sunday after the sermon we all sit and eat together and have fellowship. I'm sure you probably already know when a bunch of Filipinos get together they're going to bring a bunch of food and eat. Hahahaha Pilipino ka ba I'm not I'm American. I'm just curious what area are you in? I'm in Dallas Texas USA.
I'm Kano as well. We live in a Filipino enclave in the SF area. I have a daughter and family living in or near Keller. I love Filipino food. One time we went to Mass while on vacation in the Bahamas, and afterward, they had fellowship. We heard Tagalog and found the Filipino food real fast.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This Protestant Pastor seems to agree with you on that...

......................On Larry King Live, the following very disturbing conversation occurred with Larry King and Joel Osteen:
KING: What if you're Jewish or Muslim, you don't accept Christ at all?
OSTEEN: You know, I'm very careful about saying who would and wouldn't go to heaven. I don't know ...
At this point, even Larry King appears surprised by Osteen’s answer. Then Larry tosses Osteen a "soft-ball" to explain his previous answer. And again Osteen openly denies that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way of salvation.
KING: If you believe you have to believe in Christ? They're wrong, aren't they?
OSTEEN: Well, I don't know if I believe they're wrong. I believe here's what the Bible teaches and from the Christian faith this is what I believe. But I just think that only God will judge a person's heart.
I spent a lot of time in India with my father. I don't know all about their religion. But I know they love God. And I don't know. I've seen their sincerity. So I don't know. I know for me, and what the Bible teaches, I want to have a relationship with Jesus.

Again Osteen denies the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ. Unbelievable.............................. .

...................The Pope flies over to catch the next Joel Osteen service

images
images

images

I've seen Joel Osteen in person and subscribed to his motivational speaking for some time. What he says is true though-it's up to God to say who gets in to heaven and who is out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This thread is pure chaos.
How so?
From what I have seen in the past here on GT is that most threads on Catholicism can get a little "heated". [just do a search Catholic threads on GT].
It was the same way with the Sabbath and Mary threads and CF made sub-boards for them.
Perhaps one should be made to debate Catholicism?
[I was on a forum some yrs back that has one, and it was pretty much no holds barred [I won't divulge the name or give a link to it]]
All we can do is be respectful for others beliefs and remember that we are all Christians here

Luke 12:51
Ye are supposing that Peace I came to give in the land.
Nay! I am saying to ye, but rather division
[Ezekiel 38:21/Matt 10:34/Reve 6:4]

Jhn 9:16
Therefore some of the Pharisees said, “This Man is not from God, because He does not keep the Sabbath.” Others said, “How can a man who is a sinner do such signs?”
And there was a division among them.

Jhn 10:19
Therefore there was a division again among the Jews because of these sayings.

1Co 1:10
Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you,
but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1Corinthians 11:18
For foremost indeed of coming together ye in the assembly
I am hearing schisms/scismata <4978> in ye to be firstly, and part some I am believing it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to be in Angeles City in early December.The Church has never taught that you could buy indulgences. Some clergy, whom people tend to respect and act as sheep, suggested in medieval times that if you gave a donation for the construction of St. Peter's in Rome. Indulences are when we do good deeds to atone for our own sins. We can pray for the souls in purgatory.Amen to that, which is why it's good to have a rule book and laws.I'm Kano as well. We live in a Filipino enclave in the SF area. I have a daughter and family living in or near Keller. I love Filipino food. One time we went to Mass while on vacation in the Bahamas, and afterward, they had fellowship. We heard Tagalog and found the Filipino food real fast.

Yes I love Filipino food also. My favorites are chicken afritada, pork adobo, pancit bihon, and bistek. The only thing is I don't like seafood.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How so?
From what I have seen in the past here on GT is that most threads on Catholicism can get a little "heated". [just do a search Catholic threads on GT].
It was the same way with the Sabbath and Mary threads and CF made sub-boards for them.
Perhaps one should be made to debate Catholicism?
[I was on a forum some yrs back that has one, and it was pretty much no holds barred [I won't divulge the name or give a link to it]]
All we can do is be respectful for others beliefs and remember that we are all Christians here

Luke 12:51
Ye are supposing that Peace I came to give in the land.
Nay! I am saying to ye, but rather division
[Ezekiel 38:21/Matt 10:34/Reve 6:4]

Jhn 9:16
Therefore some of the Pharisees said, “This Man is not from God, because He does not keep the Sabbath.” Others said, “How can a man who is a sinner do such signs?”
And there was a division among them.

Jhn 10:19
Therefore there was a division again among the Jews because of these sayings.

1Co 1:10
Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you,
but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1Corinthians 11:18
For foremost indeed of coming together ye in the assembly
I am hearing schisms/scismata <4978> in ye to be firstly, and part some I am believing it.

I agree. I like debating here better than on YouTube. Some people there can get pretty crazy in their debates on there. I've had people cursing me before while quoting scriptures and I'm like wow how can you say such terrible curse words and quote the scriptures at the same time? I try not to offend anyone when I'm debating about catholicism but sometimes I'm not very successful. I just feel compelled to share what I have learned and I try to do it as politely as possible but some things are hard to say without offending someone no matter how polite you try to say it. You are right we are all Christians and we all want to honor God and help others understand His word. I just wish that catholics could see that they are wrong and I'm right. Lol I'm kidding^_^

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes I love Filipino food also. My favorites are chicken afritada, pork adobo, pancit bihon, and bistek. The only thing is I don't like seafood.
Gotta try some more. All of those are excellent, but there's sinegang, dinuguan, other kinds of pancit, tocino, longanisa, lichon...but we digress...

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gotta try some more. All of those are excellent, but there's sinegang, dinuguan, other kinds of pancit, tocino, longanisa, lichon...but we digress...

I've tried more food that I can't even pronounce. Hahahaha I love the bitter soup and caldo. I had some beef with soy and calamansi and that was really good. I don't know what it's called or how to make it but I'd love to learn the recipe. It was cooked like a pot roast with lime and soy sauce. Do you know what it's called?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've tried more food that I can't even pronounce. Hahahaha I love the bitter soup and caldo. I had some beef with soy and calamansi and that was really good. I don't know what it's called or how to make it but I'd love to learn the recipe. It was cooked like a pot roast with lime and soy sauce. Do you know what it's called?
That describes beefsteak to me. I know they say bistek.

Upvote 0

Amazing Horse

Aug 22, 2017
Olsztyn
✟1,950.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I judge no one.

James 4:
11 Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the Law and judges it. And if you judge the Law, you are not a practitioner of the Law, but a judge of it.
12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and destroy.

*edit* by LLoJ

You should not judge , but it does not mean that you should let your fellow christian brother believing in vain , you should teach him back on good path ( 2 Timothy 4:2-3) .

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I judge no one.

James 4:

*edit* by LLoJ
Judging a brother is wrong, yes.

Looking at a supposed leader, teacher, pastor, and holding him to what he teaches..... totally legit.

This guy is not worth my time. He tickles the ears, is a feel good pastor and not biblical in much of the things he teaches.....IMO

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We are called to judge our own group.
What we are not called to do is beat someone up over the judgment.
If we judge someone to be wrong we are to rebuke them softly.
If they ultimately refuse the rebuke then we are to have no more to do with them. (Ignore button)

Forgive me...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Amazing Horse

Aug 22, 2017
Olsztyn
✟1,950.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We are called to judge our own group.
What we are not called to do is beat someone up over the judgment.
If we judge someone to be wrong we are to rebuke them softly.
If they ultimately refuse the rebuke then we are to have no more to do with them. (Ignore button)

Forgive me...

Agree , and if your teacher/preacher is preaching something wrong you need 1 more friend who agree you as witness , because of 2 man witness min requirment then speak to pastor what is wrong with preaching .

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Read Saint Louis De Montfort "The Secret of The Holy Rosary"

Jesus delivered The Most Holy Rosary of which is Gods Holy Word Jesus New Testament to Saint Dominic and Father De La Roche in 1214 and again in 1216 with Jesus explaining for mankind to pray The Holy Rosary to our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary with every "Our Father" prayer as a Holy Rose going to Jesus God our Heavenly Father From it and every "Hail Mary" Prayer going to His Blessed Holy Queen of Heaven and Holy Queen of Love and Mercy The Blessed Virgin Mother of God with Our Lord Jesus Catholic Creed delivered by Jesus Himself and The Hail Holy Queen Prayer and this prayer from God our Heavenly Father Himself included

O God whose only Begotten Son through His Life Death and Resurrection has purchased for us the rewards of eternal Life grant we Beseech Thee that meditating on these Mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of The Blessed Virgin Mary we may both imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise through the Same Christ our Lord Amen

Hail Holy Queen Mother of Mercy
Hail our Life our sweetness and our hope
To Thee do we cry poor banished Children of eve
To,Thee do we send up our sighs mourning and weeping in this valley of tears
Turn then O Most Gracious Advocate Thine Eyes of Mercy towards us and after this our exile show unto us Thy Blessed Fruit of Thy Womb Jesus
O Clement O Loving O Sweet Virgin Mary pray for us O Holy Mother of God that we may be made worthy of The Promises of Christ Amen

The Holy Mysteries including our Lord Jesus Sorrowful Holy Mysteries were delivered by Jesus Himself to His Priests and Religious Nuns Saints well before 1214 dating back earlier than the 9th Century with Jesus appearing to Saints Nuns and Popes and Priests having written Gods Holy Prayers and Gods Holy Messages all part of Gods Holy Word His Holy Scriptures imploring people hearts to focus on Jesus Bitter Passion His Sorrows His Sufferings with Holy Illustrations painted and drawn from Jesus God Holy Spirit our Blessed Holy Trinity with our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary

By the way use common sense

Jesus Holy Spirit and our Blessed Heavenly Mother Mary are not and have never delivered Jesus Holy Prayers and Holy Messages contrary to Gods Holy Word and Jesus has always requested repentance of sins to be made to Him for Salvation and to read Gods Holy Word His Holy Word Holy Spirits Holy Scriptures and to receive Him in Holy Communion and to ask for our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary's Holy Intercession praying to Jesus and Holy Spirit God and to Holy Mother Mary in Her Most Holy Rosary of which is Gods Holy Word in both The Old Testament and New Testament

I would copy and paste here in Holy Illustration however this laptop does not have this facility

ROJ if you could do this that would be greatly appreciated
The Secret of The Rosary or
The Holy Rosary websites one of these in illustration thankyou greatly for HRDJ or new Christians if interested in some of the History of our Lord Jesus and our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary in God our Heavenly Divine Majesty and Holy Spirit

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Jesus delivered The Most Holy Rosary of which is Gods Holy Word Jesus New Testament to Saint Dominic and Father De La Roche in 1214 and again in 1216 with Jesus explaining for mankind to pray The Holy Rosary to our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary with every "Our Father" prayer as a Holy Rose going to Jesus God our Heavenly Father From it and every "Hail Mary" Prayer going to His Blessed Holy Queen of Heaven and Holy Queen of Love and Mercy The Blessed Virgin Mother of God with Our Lord Jesus Catholic Creed delivered by Jesus Himself and The Hail Holy Queen Prayer and this prayer from God our Heavenly Father Himself included

O God whose only Begotten Son through His Life Death and Resurrection has purchased for us the rewards of eternal Life grant we Beseech Thee that meditating on these Mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of The Blessed Virgin Mary we may both imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise through the Same Christ our Lord Amen

Turn then O Most Gracious Advocate Thine Eyes of Mercy towards us and after this our exile show unto us Thy Blessed Fruit of Thy Womb Jesus
O Clement O Loving O Sweet Virgin Mary pray for us O Holy Mother of God that we may be made worthy of The Promises of Christ Amen

The Holy Mysteries including our Lord Jesus Sorrowful Holy Mysteries were delivered by Jesus Himself to His Priests and Religious Nuns Saints well before 1214 dating back earlier than the 9th Century with Jesus appearing to Saints Nuns and Popes and Priests having written Gods Holy Prayers and Gods Holy Messages all part of Gods Holy Word His Holy Scriptures imploring people hearts to focus on Jesus Bitter Passion His Sorrows His Sufferings with Holy Illustrations painted and drawn from Jesus God Holy Spirit our Blessed Holy Trinity with our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary

Jesus Holy Spirit and our Blessed Heavenly Mother Mary are not and have never delivered Jesus Holy Prayers and Holy Messages contrary to Gods Holy Word and Jesus has always requested repentance of sins to be made to Him for Salvation and to read Gods Holy Word His Holy Word Holy Spirits Holy Scriptures and to receive Him in Holy Communion and to ask for our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary's Holy Intercession praying to Jesus and Holy Spirit God and to Holy Mother Mary in Her Most Holy Rosary of which is Gods Holy Word in both The Old Testament and New Testament

I would copy and paste here in Holy Illustration however this laptop does not have this facility

The Holy Rosary websites one of these in illustration thankyou greatly for HRDJ or new Christians if interested in some of the History of our Lord Jesus and our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary in God our Heavenly Divine Majesty and Holy Spirit

So... Jesus came and gave something new to the Roman Church and left off the other sees?

At the same time Rome drops what it had inherited from the East, using this instead?

Am I getting this correct?

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

So your saying that Jesus gave St Dominic this information in 1214AD and then again in 1216AD? Why so late? Did Jesus forget to tell us about the Rosery during His life and said oops I forgot I need to go back and tell them one more thing? I don't pay very much attention to what the catholic church was teaching during the inquisitions. There were a lot of false teachings during that time.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said that for the lukewarm their last hopes is to run to His Mercy - His Divine Mercy and for separated Brethren
"They tore at My Body and Heart" during Jesus Bitter Agony in the Garden receiving His Holy Visions from God our Heavenly Father and Holy Spirit then and of the future seeing hearts souls turning away from Him ignoring Him during lives and not opening hearts in love and trust in Jesus praying and talking to Him just as Jesus taught us to do when praying and talking to God and Holy Spirit in

John - many of Jesus Holy Passages too numerous to quote

This love and trust between Jesus Holy Spirit and God our Holy Divine Majesty is the Love and trust from hearts not just minds with earthly knowledge that Jesus seeks of us with humble hearts as Children not knowledgeable adults

Upvote 0