Sep 3, 2011
✟322,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think the reason for all the angst between the Latins and the Reformationists is because the Reformation was birthed illegitimately by the Latins who were an apostatic Ekklesiological Mother Who persecuted Her own children, who in turn persecuted Her...

I never tire of telling the Latins:"These are YOUR children - Why do they hate you so much?"
And I sigh at always having to tell the Reformists:
"The Orthodox Faith is your Grandmother,
we are not your Mother..."
In their spiteful anger, Reformists think the Eastern Orthodox believe as the Latins believe...

Arsenios
Most of the Reformers reject much of what both the EO and RCC teach.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Let's accept that that is one reason at least....
so then,
the solution is for everyone to "repent" - TURN TO YHWH , as Jesus Says,
and learn to live under YHWH, in YHWH's Kingdom,
instead of any other kingdom.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,177,978.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No sir I do not need to do anything at all. It is recorded history for any and all who want to know.
Yet when I asked you where I could find this so called "recorded history", you wouldn't or couldn't answer.
IF you choose to do that it is fine with me. If you choose NOT TO do that, that is just as fine with me because which ever one you choose, neither change the outcome.
So you intend to keep posting blatant falsehood?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So now then you'd agree with post #812 that the RCC is being deceptive by omitting the word "alone". Or might you even, perhaps, perceive a fair bit of ignorance/indoctrination at work in the poster there?
Did you read the quoted from Chyrsostom?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Much less than what is popularly claimed. The magisterial reformers had far more in common with the RCC and EO than most of today's Protestants for one thing. Much of today's Protestantism would be entirely unrecognizeable by 16th century standards and almost certainly be classified by the Reformers as incomprehensible fanaticism. Luther thought Zwingli was a fanatic, and Zwingli and Luther agreed on a great deal--more than certainly either would with much of today's Protestantism.

The problem is that people are way to eager to confuse modern popular Protestantism with the Reformers themselves and with the Reformation itself. I remember growing up that I thought Martin Luther was basically a Baptist, because of the way Luther was spoken about in my Evangelical upbringing.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You show me that you have not thought through the deep things, but like most evangelicals only remain at the surface level.
What about the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin (John 16:8) and righteousness is so vexing to accept?

Do we not come to Communion in repentance and with a humble heart? Do we not pray daily telling our Heavenly Father our shortcomings, our failures for missing the mark. Are these not opportunities daily individually and weekly Bodily with the ekklesia to lay it all at the Sanctifying love and Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ?

I will point out where the disconnect might occur.

We must ask whose or Whose righteousness gains us entry into Christ's Kingdom. Is it His? Ours? A mix?

If it is our own then no matter of fire will cleanse our sins and we deny the Blood of Christ cleanses us from all sin.

Please cashier the antinomian apologetics. No one is buying them by the responses you are getting.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Someone had posted that God always accomplishes His Will, not remembering perhaps that in some towns He visited, He could not do many miracles because of their unbelief (same on forum, and many places on earth).

Thanks for mentioning this. Christ also said an adulterous generation seeks a sign.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,383.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican