Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, all of the arguments you make are refuted in the article I posted.

You lose.

LOL! You are basing your understand on a BLOG! A blog which does not in any way represent the truth of God's Word?

The REAL FACTS are that the belief that Mary lived without sin from the moment of her conception springs from Church tradition. It evolved over a period of time and was not formally defined as a teaching of the Church until 1854. It is not found explicitly in Scripture, but seems for Catholics to flow naturally from the testimony of Scripture that Mary was “full of grace” (Luke 1:28) and “blessed” (Luke 1:42).

In other words......somebody made the story up and YOU bought it.

P.T. Barnum made millions from people just like you as there is one born every minute.

Good luck with that!

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
LOL! You are basing your understand on a BLOG! A blog which does not in any way represent the truth of God's Word?

Good luck with that!
Yeah. I should just follow you instead. A random person on the internet who believes that he is an infallible interpreter of Scripture.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
It is not true that Mary never committed an actual sin. In her magnificent psalm uttered while carrying the Christ child, she exclaimed, “My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior” (Luke 1:47). Observe that she referred to the Lord as “my Savior”—not merely “a Savior,” or “the Savior.” No sinless person needs a Savior.

Consider this: Jesus is not just our Savior against sin, but also death. Mary, being mortal, would be subject to death, whether or not she were sinless.

It's important to not understand the term "savior" and "salvation" in a purely juridical fashion. Salvation is never understood this way in the Bible, as escaping a penalty. The salvation Mary is speaking of is ultimately about the restoration of peace and justice, not escaping hell (as in Dante's Inferno), which is not even a major biblical theme and is more the result of medieval religion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I, for one, am quite comfortable with that possibility. In fact, I expect it as a product of being human. What I simply cannot accept is the idea that your understanding of scripture could be right. There's a distinct difference between those two, which I hope you might understand.
Heh. What do you mean by "possibility"? Is it possible that you are also an infallible interpreter of Scripture, along with St. Pope @Major1 ?

But I think I understand what you are saying, regardless. What I hope you might understand, is that simply telling someone that they are wrong, when you cannot even make an honest claim to know what is right, is not a very compelling reason for the person to change his mind.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Consider this: Jesus is not just our Savior against sin, but also death. Mary, being mortal, would be subject to death, whether or not she were sinless.

Please listen to me my friend. The belief that Mary was sinless is a made up story by men.

There is absolutely ZERO/NONE/NADA Scriptures to support the idea.

Mary was a blessed woman and she gave birth to Jesus the Christ but she was a human woman and as such was a sinner just like every other human woman.

Do you not understand that by saying that Mary was "Sinless" you are by default making her equal to Jesus who was God in the flesh.

The ONLY SINLESS woman to have lived was EVE and that only lasted a few days until she ate that apple. Then she was a sinner as are all other women.

As a Catholics, you do not find this doctrine from the context of Scripture but from making a pretext out of the Scripture from their Church tradition (which happens to be written down). But again it is not apostolic tradition.

If Mary was conceived without sin then her parents would have certainly known and would have assumed she was to bare the Messiah. The Catholics say she became sinless later in life. This would mean God took someone who has the nature of sin and completely change them to be sinless like Jesus Christ--without a virgin birth.

Logic, and moral reasoning along with the proliferation of ALL the Scriptures one would certainly think that such a miracle would be mentioned in the Scripture, somewhere, but it is not! The Bible has no hint of such a thing to occur and actually says the very opposite in no uncertain terms in Romans 3, Aacusing all of humanity to be under sin except for one, the God/man with the virgin birth.

Now, instead of debating this.....think for a moment. Open you Bible to Genesis
3:15-16. Do you see there where God pronounces a judgment on sinners and one of those is pain in child birth.

Now, ask a another Catholic, look it up for yourself and you will discover that one of Catholics teachings is that Mary is the woman of Rev. 12.

Now YOU think this through........ If Mary is the woman of Revelation 12 as Roman Catholics say, it describes her with birth pains which according to the Bible is a judgment on sinners.

Now maybe you and other Cathoics can explain that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah. I should just follow you instead. A random person on the internet who believes that he is an infallible interpreter of Scripture.

NOPE!.....That is what YOU said. I have never said that in any way.

Just because you are not able to grasp what the Bible says does not make me infallible but it does make you look a little silly now doesn't it?

In fact I am just an old country boy from Alabama who is able to READ what the Bible says.

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Catholic vs. Protestant – why is there so much animosity
Because of people like you who believe that they are infallible, cannot accept that other people understand Scripture differently than you, and have a need to boost their ego by boorishly going around trying to prove to people that they are wrong and you are right.

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
NOPE!.....That is what YOU said. I have never said that in any way.

Just because you are not able to grasp what the Bible says does not make me infallible but it does make you look a little silly now doesn't it?

In fact I am just an old country boy from Alabama who is able to READ what the Bible says.
You are from Alabama. That's nice. Good day.

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Please listen to me my friend. The belief that Mary was sinless is a made up story by men.

There is absolutely ZERO/NONE/NADA Scriptures to support the idea.

Mary was a blessed woman and she gave birth to Jesus the Christ but she was a human woman and as such was a sinner just like every other human woman.

Do you not understand that by saying that Mary was "Sinless" you are by default making her equal to Jesus who was God in the flesh.

The ONLY SINLESS woman to have lived was EVE and that only lasted a few days until she ate that apple. Then she was a sinner as are all other women.

As a Catholics, you do not find this doctrine from the context of Scripture but from making a pretext out of the Scripture from their Church tradition (which happens to be written down). But again it is not apostolic tradition.

If Mary was conceived without sin then her parents would have certainly known and would have assumed she was to bare the Messiah. The Catholics say she became sinless later in life. This would mean God took someone who has the nature of sin and completely change them to be sinless like Jesus Christ--without a virgin birth.

Logic, and moral reasoning along with the proliferation of ALL the Scriptures one would certainly think that such a miracle would be mentioned in the Scripture, somewhere, but it is not! The Bible has no hint of such a thing to occur and actually says the very opposite in no uncertain terms in Romans 3, Aacusing all of humanity to be under sin except for one, the God/man with the virgin birth.
No, there are plenty of Scriptures to support the idea. I already provided them to you in an article. We interpret the Scriptures differently than you do. Get over it already.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Woah... I don't think so. One doesn't follow from the other. Adam and Eve were created without sin without being equal to God.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, there are plenty of Scriptures to support the idea. I already provided them to you in an article. We interpret the Scriptures differently than you do. Get over it already.

NOPE. NOT ONE SINGLE BIBLE VERSE! If there was one, YOU would already have posted it. So get real.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Would God put His Son in a sinful vessel? No!

Mary was chosen before time began. She was spotless from day one.

I for one love Mary and I truly believe that She was sinless.

Atheists can't understand how people can believe in God! How can we?

FAITH
I believe in Mary. In that she was sinless. Immaculate. How?
FAITH

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
NOPE. NOT ONE SINGLE BIBLE VERSE! If there was one, YOU would already have posted it. So get real.
Let it go pal. It does not matter what I post, because you are never going to change your mind. Both you and I know that, and I am not about to waste hours on it. Good day.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Woah... I don't think so. One doesn't follow from the other. Adam and Eve were created without sin without being equal to God.

Do the work my friend and you will find that Adam was created a perfect man, in full possession of all human faculties, and with a God-consciousness which enabled him to have spiritual communion with God. Initially innocent, sinless, and holy, he was in a right relationship to God, to woman, to himself, and to the natural world around him. He had dominion over the creation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Do the work my friend and you will find that Adam was created a perfect man, in full possession of all human faculties, and with a God-consciousness which enabled him to have spiritual communion with God. Initially innocent, sinless, and holy, he was in a right relationship to God, to woman, to himself, and to the natural world around him. He had dominion over the creation.

That doesn't make him equal to God. To be equal to God would mean a person was in fact divine.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let it go pal. It does not matter what I post, because you are never going to change your mind. Both you and I know that, and I am not about to waste hours on it. Good day.

That reminds me of an old county song ----
"Thank God and Grayhound, you are gone.".......Merry Christmas!

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That doesn't make him equal to God. To be equal to God would mean a person was in fact divine.

And that is the point when you make Mary equal to Jesus in saying she had no sin.

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
That reminds me of an old county song ----
"Thank God and Grayhound, you are gone.".......Merry Christmas!
Merry Christ's Mass to you as well, my friend. I will be attending Mass on the day, and I hope that you will be too.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,478.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My apologies. It just seemed to me that is was YOU who were looking for the fight.
I was just posting what is seen on every single web site in the world when Catholics and Protestants debate.

When you said.........." Most good Catholic debaters are more than happy to go toe to toe with scripture,"
I took that as a challenge and it seems that you did not mean that way.

I certainly do not want to argue with you.
Thank you. There was a time when I was happy to debate but scripture tells us not to argue amongst each other on matters of faith, Romans 14, so I try not to get involved in that much anymore.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.