✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good afternoon,

As I'm getting older, I'm finding myself on what feels like a pilgrimage that is exploring - and testing- my faith in my church's doctrines.

:confused:

I was wondering what the Catholic view of Christology was; the churches view on does Christ intervene now or is this the role of the Holy Spirit; and the role of evangelism in the Catholic church.

Thanks in advance! :cool:

Marc

ahs

May 18, 2013
Texas
Visit site
✟8,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
At the risk of embarrassing myself, can I ask what exactly you mean by "Christology"?

I have to leave in a couple minutes, but if you don't get some good feedback, I'll check back in late tonight or tomorrow. In the meantime, Frank Sheed wrote a book titled "Theology for Beginners" [hardly a beginner-level book if you ask me, but whatever] that goes into great depth about the other parts of your question. You might consider chekcing it out. I would actually not mind loaning it to you.

Theology for Beginners: F. J. Sheed: 9780892831241: Amazon.com: Books

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
yes, we believe that Christ still intervenes

God is Sovereign

in general, I think the Catholic Church puts more emphasis on Jesus Christ
while most mainline Protestant Churches put emphasis on the Father
and Pentecostals tend to emphasize the Holy Spirit

I am not saying anyone is right or wrong....
just calling it how I see it

Upvote 0

ahs

May 18, 2013
Texas
Visit site
✟8,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Thanks LivingWordUnity for these links.

HumbleMan, I asked on another forum so I think I understand what you are asking. In addition to what's been provided, that book I recommended by Sheed goes DEEPLY into Christology (Catholic perspective).

Answers from my other thread include:

"The Catholic view on Christology? Jesus possesses both natures; human (with the exception of sin), and divine. He is man, and he is God; as John says, "The Word made flesh" that dwelled among us." (Neofight, CAF)

That would be the base summary. Christ is the Second Person of the Holy Trinity, God the Son, true God from true God, begotten not made, One in Being with the Father...(the Apostlolic and Nicene Credes, basically).

Evangelism is still the mission of the Church, as it has always been. The Popes have written extensively on evagalisation and its importance. Type in "Pope on evangelism" into your web browser. ;)

Upvote 0