Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We need not fear to be puffed with the knowledge of what God has done for us, if we keep well before us the truth that whatever good there may be in us, is not of us. Though a mule is laden with the precious treasures of a prince, is it not still a clumsy, filthy beast?

-- St. Francis de Sales

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is God's way to give much for little. Our Lord does not attend to how much we give, but to the generosity of our will, and for this very reason He makes much of a little.

-- St. John Chrysostom

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In detachment, the spirit finds quiet and repose for coveting nothing. Nothing wearies it by elation, and nothing oppresses it by dejection, because it stands in the center of its own humility.
-- St. John of the Cross

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Listen to me for one moment and you will see that only the service of God will console us and make us happy in the midst of all the miseries of life. To accomplish it, you do not need to leave either your belongings, or your parents, or even your friends, unless they are leading you to sin. You have no need to go and spend the rest of your lives in the desert to weep there for your sins. If that were necessary for us, indeed, we should be very happy to have such a remedy for our ills. But no, a father and a mother of a family can serve God by living with their children and bringing them up in a Christian way. A servant can very easily serve God and his master, with nothing to stop him. No, my dear bretheren, The way of life that means serving God changes nothing in all that we have to do. On the contrary, we simply do better all the things we must do!

-- St. John Vianney

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Father, to defend the Catholic faith and to make all things new in Christ, you filled Saint Pius X with heavenly wisdom and apostolic courage. May his example and teaching lead us to the reward of eternal life.

-- Roman Briviary

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True followers of Christ; Be prepared to have a world make jokes at your expense. You can hardly expect a world to be more reverent to you than to Our Lord. When it does make fun of your faith, its practices, abstinences, and rituals-then you are moving to a closer identity with Him Who gave us our faith. Under scorn, Our Lord "answered nothing". The world gets amusement from a Christian who fails to be Christian, but none from his respectful silence.
-- Bishop Fulton Sheen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We ought to deal kindly with all, and to manifest those qualities which spring naturally from a heart tender and full of Christian charity; such as affability, love and humility. These virtues serve wonderfully to gain the hearts of men, and to encourage them to embrace things that are more repugnant to nature.
-- St Vincent de Paul

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Eucharist is a burning coal that sets us on fire. Fire is active by nature and tends to spread. When the soul is under the action of the Eucharist, it is forced to cry out; "O my God, what shall I do in return for so much love?" And Jesus answers; "Thou hast to resemble Me, to live for Me, and to live of Me." The transformation will be easy; when it is a matter of love; one does not walk; one runs and flies.

-- St. Peter Julian Emyard

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not my own; I have given myself to Jesus. He must be my only love. The state of helpless poverty that may befall me if I do not marry does not frighten me. All I need is a little food and a few pieces of clothing. With the work of my hands I shall always earn what is necessary and what is left over I'll give to my relatives and to the poor. If I should become sick and unable to work, then I shall be like the Lord on the cross. He will have mercy on me and help me, I am sure.
-- Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will see the hand of God in all that happens to me, attributing nothing to individual people, who are but instruments used by Him in the work of my sanctification.
-- Blessed Raphaela Mary

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
However great the work that God may achieve by an individual, he must not indulge in self-satisfaction. He ought rather to be all the more humbled, seeing himself merely as a tool which God has made use of.
-- St Vincent de Paul

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mary, I wish always to be your child. I give you my heart; keep it for ever. O Jesus, O Mary, be always my friends. I pray you both to let me die rather than commit a sin.

-- St Dominic Savio

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No tongue can express the greatness of the love which Jesus Christ bears to our souls. He did not wish that between Him and His servants there should be any other pledge than Himself, to keep alive the remembrance of Him.

-- St. Peter of Alcantara

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.