Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh our driveway is about 800 feet and curvy! Right on top of a hill in the middle of the woods. It's a job. It is more stressful now that our parents need help. Praying you have a carefree winter!
I have to admit - now I have sold my Freelander [ a LandRover 4x4 ] I just have a rather nice Ford - but if weather turns really nasty I may be stuck in the house - I live at the top of a steep hill :(

So far our weather is bearable

• Prayers
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well we are on our way out of town to shovel the parents out. Roads are really bad so please say a prayer if you think about it. Safe trip there and back! Thank you.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Although the kids were not pleased to take the Christmas decorations down... They were joyful to put their children's altar back up where the nativity scene was.

IMG_20190114_111639653.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My MIL gets her prescriptions through a mail order service. Has anyone dealt with these people?? Mind blowing how difficult they make these things when it comes to actually talking to someone. I do not know how they expect an elderly person to deal with this stuff.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My MIL gets her prescriptions through a mail order service. Has anyone dealt with these people?? Mind blowing how difficult they make these things when it comes to actually talking to someone. I do not know how they expect an elderly person to deal with this stuff.
Sounds like you're doing a great job taking care of her! You're a good kid, Michie. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have also realized that there is basically no point peeking into TAW anymore. Not for me. If folks would focus more on being good and holy Orthodox Christians and less on ripping the Catholic Church apart with more savagery than I've ever seen anyone tackle Seventh Day Adventism, maybe folks would be happier. It's kind of nuts. Like they see Catholics as insane animals who need to be put down. Not as fellow Christians. Just as things. Wow. Incredible. I can't even get to Mass, and they sit there and mock like they're ripping apart Islam. No, I'm sorry. Islam gets way, way more respect.

It's discouraging. Ah, well. Just look ahead, follow Christ, be faithful, I guess. Hang in there. Try to help folks along the way, and be kind.

This is part of why my profile just says "Christian". If that's all I can be, that's all I can be. And that's not so bad.

God bless you, TAW. And keep you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I get depressed over there to be honest. That's the most I feel I can say. I was following Gurney's Holy Land thread. I enjoyed that at least. :)
I have also realized that there is basically no point peeking into TAW anymore. Not for me. If folks would focus more on being good and holy Orthodox Christians and less on ripping the Catholic Church apart with more savagery than I've ever seen anyone tackle Seventh Day Adventism, maybe folks would be happier. It's kind of nuts. Like they see Catholics as insane animals who need to be put down. Not as fellow Christians. Just as things. Wow. Incredible. I can't even get to Mass, and they sit there and mock like they're ripping apart Islam. No, I'm sorry. Islam gets way, way more respect.

It's discouraging. Ah, well. Just look ahead, follow Christ, be faithful, I guess. Hang in there. Try to help folks along the way, and be kind.

This is part of why my profile just says "Christian". If that's all I can be, that's all I can be. And that's not so bad.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I get depressed over there to be honest. That's the most I feel I can say. I was following Gurney's Holy Land thread. I enjoyed that at least. :)
Yeah, that was a pretty awesome thread!

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

To be honest, I never look at any of the Congregation boards besides this one since I wouldn't agree with any of them completely.

That's terrible to hear how some over there feel about Catholics. It's quite wrong to treat Catholics (or anyone else that you don't agree with) as not Christian or worthless just because you don't agree with them.

I get tired of all the hatred towards Catholics as well. Do some non-Catholic Christians really think that Jesus wants them to treat us the way they do?

I appreciate the ones who treat us with respect.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although the kids were not pleased to take the Christmas decorations down... They were joyful to put their children's altar back up where the nativity scene was.

View attachment 249099
@Davidnic , sorry that I'm only responding to this now; your children are very, very blessed to have you for a Dad!

Upvote 0