✟70,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What's going on??

I have great difficulty praying because of my medical condition. When I exert myself, my condition seems to worsen. I want so badly to be able to pray the rosary and other devotions everyday. I wish I could fast as well, but even that seems to take a toll on my body.

I am not asking just for prayers for my healing. Whether God eventually heals me or not, I still have to figure out for now how I can manage to pray in this state. Are there any litanies or novenas or other things that might help me with this situation?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well the Church does not require you to fast due to health and/or age. Fasting does not always mean food. You could fast from anything you choose and devote that time to God. As far as praying the rosary. You can say it in your mind as you follow along on the beads. You do not neccesarily have to recite your prayers out loud. I think St. Therese ( the Little Flower) might have some advice and devotions for you to assist you. I will look up some devotions and post them when I find them.
I have great difficulty praying because of my medical condition. When I exert myself, my condition seems to worsen. I want so badly to be able to pray the rosary and other devotions everyday. I wish I could fast as well, but even that seems to take a toll on my body.

I am not asking just for prayers for my healing. Whether God eventually heals me or not, I still have to figure out for now how I can manage to pray in this state. Are there any litanies or novenas or other things that might help me with this situation?

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We had our annual Scout mass at the parish. Before mass they asked if my daughter would like to bring up gifts.

I think of all the times the bringing of the gifts is so commonplace.

She paused becaus she felt it was such an honor and then agreed. The first thing she did when she got home was kneel before her altar and pray in gratitude for being allowed to bring up the bread that would become Christ.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She is so sweet. How old is she now?
We had our annual Scout mass at the parish. Before mass they asked if my daughter would like to bring up gifts.

I think of all the times the bringing of the gifts is so commonplace.

She paused becaus she felt it was such an honor and then agreed. The first thing she did when she got home was kneel before her altar and pray in gratitude for being allowed to bring up the bread that would become Christ.

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I'm longing for spring! *sigh*

Pics from last year.

Upvote 0