Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wrote this letter to send to the local catholic paper. How can i improve it? What is the area within the parish bounderies called?

Here is the letter:

Dear Editor,
I read in the UB that some Catholic churches may have to close. I understand that changes in population may cause that to be necessary but in general the Catholic church needs to be opening many more churches then she closes. Here is how:

Catholic Evangelism!!

1. Every member of the church needs to make sure that they are in church every Sunday and as many daily masses as they can. Remember a miracle happens at every mass; and JESUS is there both physically and spiritually!! You don't want to miss that do you?

2 Every member of the church needs to do whatever they can to make sure everyone in their family is in church every Sunday and as many times during the week as possible

3. Every member of the church needs to do whatever they can to make sure that every other member of the church is in mass every Sunday and as many times during the week as possible. (this could be done by offering to drive people to church and/or asking fellow Catholics to go to church with you. Any other ideas?)

4 (let me introduce this with a quote from the Catechism of the Catholic Church paragraph 166: "Our love for Jesus and for our neighbor impels us to speak to others about our faith.") Invite everyone to church. After you have invited everyone you know find out the borders of your church’s boundaries and go door to door or use the phone to call everyone within your church boundaries. This would probably be best done as a group activity.

Aprill

The paths are many, the truth is ONE.
Aug 9, 2005
Arlington, Texas
✟16,008.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would also include some ideas about how to get more people involved because chances are they are probably already trying...and need some new ideas :) That would be really fruitful :)

My old manager told me; Never ask a someone to do something, if you aren't willing to do it yourself. So in that light perhaps you can help assist them or see what you can do to help :)

Upvote 0

Carrye

Weisenheimer
Aug 30, 2003
✟29,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
if HE is there body, blood, soul and divinity what is missing? i would think that bbsd means HE is totally physically there.

It's not as if something is missing, but that Christ is present in a way that matter cannot limit (as would be true if he was physically present). The Eucharist is really, truly, and substantially Christ, Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity. We receive him sacramentally, but not physically as if there was only "so much Christ to go around."

In a way it's about language, but our language conveys our belief. Just as we wouldn't say that Christ is physically present in the Eucharist, neither would we say that the Father became incarnate.

... but the Father is God
... and Jesus is God
... so if God became incarnate, then the Father must have too.

We must be careful with our language and with our points of comparison. This is true with regards to the Eucharist as well.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.