Catholic activist asks bishop to clarify ‘deeply confusing’ language he used about female episcopal

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You know, I'm really glad that we're not the only ones who had mixed feelings about that. I'm fuzzy on allowing non-Catholics any kind of space for their practices. But I definitely don't think any kind of consecration should happen for "female bishops" in Catholic parishes.

Not a good look, you know?

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
You know, I'm really glad that we're not the only ones who had mixed feelings about that. I'm fuzzy on allowing non-Catholics any kind of space for their practices. But I definitely don't think any kind of consecration should happen for "female bishops" in Catholic parishes.

Not a good look, you know?

“not a good look” is an understatement. This Bishop is using weasel words and trying to create ambiguity to further his progressive beliefs.

I am getting sick of frauds in the church. Wolves in sheep’s clothing.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You’d have to ask @pdudgeon. I believe this is her bishop if I’m not mistaken. This is the first I have heard of him that I can recall.
Ah, according to Wikipedia he was secretary to cardinal McCarrick. He was consecrated by Wuerl. Excellent pedigree.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Ah, according to Wikipedia he was secretary to cardinal McCarrick. He was consecrated by Wuerl. Excellent pedigree.

Dont you just love it when things are adding up?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Dont you just love it when things are adding up?
You can learn quite a bit from who someone worked for, as in this guy being a secretary to McCarrick. Also quite a bit from which bishops were there at his consecration. It's not ironclad, but it is informative. McCarrick was a kingmaker, and he made lots of rectors and deans and bishops and archbishops along the way.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
You’d have to ask @pdudgeon. I believe this is her bishop if I’m not mistaken. This is the first I have heard of him that I can recall.
Yes, this is my Bishop.

His first year as Bishop he started out well. He looks to be in his mid 40's, and having just lost a dearly loved previous stalwart Bishop of the old school to a cold that turned deadly in three short week's time, we were hopeful that he would settle in, and lead us steadily for a long time to come.

During his first year, He made a thorough listening tour of the whole Diocese to learn about what was good and what was in trouble. As a result we had very great hopes for his leadership.

And then he went to Rome.:eek: and I believe was made "aware" of the price of his appointment, and the need to go along, toe the line, and scrap any plans that he might otherwise have had.

He changed.
the Diocese newspaper changed.
and then the "announcement" came. :(

Pray for him, pray for our priest who as our stalwart and brave shepherd, is smack in the middle defending all of us,
pray for us.:oops:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums