• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Catechism book #3: Parts of the church building (Video)

Discussion in 'St. Basil the Great's Hall' started by David Cabrera, Jul 12, 2019.

1. David Cabrera

David Cabrera Well-Known Member

+2,497
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Howdy! I was wondering if there was a video describing the parts of the church building (narthex, nave, etc) since it is kind of difficult to understand the descriptions if I am not sure what it is talking about.

Thanks!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. LessThanPerfect2016

LessThanPerfect2016 Catechumen Supporter

+491
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    This isn't a video, but a picture I lifted from Wikipedia, and hopefully it'll help as a visual aid.

Edit: Credit goes to the author Theodoulos Gregorites / Thomas Raley.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  3. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,260
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I don't know of a video.
    I recently read this book. It has a chapter on the interior of the church. It's a great reference overall.
    Orthodox Worship a-living-continuity-with-the-synagogue-the-temple-and-the-early-church

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+11,050
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    I dunno of any videos, but it is something to ask when you can get in a parish. I dare say that's something to see in person.

5. AMM

AMM A Beggar Supporter

+462
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    In Relationship
    I learned something new. I thought that the Royal Doors were #12 (the Beautiful gates). Interesting, thanks!

6. David Cabrera

David Cabrera Well-Known Member

+2,497
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Hopefully I can get back soon.